14 days Phuket quarantine for BKK arrivals?

sallecc

Hi guys, I should go to BKK for an important business meeting, but I'm put off by this Phuket quarantine rule on my return from BKK.

Anybody knows how the new "quarantine" works? Is it a hotel, or government center, or is it self-isolation (we rent villa, tourist visa).

If it really is a quarantine, then is there any way around it? Can I first go from BKK to another place for 1-2 days, and then to Phuket?

13 minutes ago, sallecc said:

If it really is a quarantine, then is there any way around it? Can I first go from BKK to another place for 1-2 days, and then to Phuket?

You could drive to where you need to go.    But most of the people I know that traveled either stayed with family or had a 2nd place to stay.     It would be tricky to try and rent a guesthouse at this time.

The wife's DIL and grandchild returned from Krabi a couple of days ago by private car. I don't know what occurred on arrival at the bridge.

The father brought the toddler around to our house the next day for his grandmother to play with him. 

No mention made of quarantines.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

The wife's DIL and grandchild returned from Krabi a couple of days ago by private car. I don't know what occurred on arrival at the bridge.

The father brought the toddler around to our house the next day for his grandmother to play with him. 

No mention made of quarantines.

Thanks, this is interesting, because Krabi is one of the 8 provinces (including BKK) from which arrivals into Phuket must observe 14-day quarantine, according to current rules... It's very unclear, I'm still not sure will I go to BKK or not...

“No self-quarantine is required for any people regardless of which province they come from,” Dr Thanit told The Phuket News today (June 9).

Dr Thanit said that the need for people arriving from the eight “risk provinces” to observe a self-quarantine for 14 days was never accurate, and became understood by the public when it was reported “by other media”.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

“No self-quarantine is required for any people regardless of which province they come from,” Dr Thanit told The Phuket News today (June 9).

Dr Thanit said that the need for people arriving from the eight “risk provinces” to observe a self-quarantine for 14 days was never accurate, and became understood by the public when it was reported “by other media”.

These guys are master of spin,  so if the media misunderstood wrongly about 14-day quarantine from 8 provinces, and subsequently all the public too, why our good Dr. didn't issue a correction and left us in the dark, imagine how many people were effected and decided not to come due to this wrong media report... , now they say it never was ....!!!? 

• Haha 2