Walking St dancing grandma killed by hit and run

scubascuba3

57 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Did he even know he hit her ?

If you don't know if you hit someone, you're way too drunk to be operating an automobile. If you leave the scene of an accident, you've broken the law. If you leave the scene, it shows guilt, even if she ran in front of the car and couldn't be avoided.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

If you don't know if you hit someone, you're way too drunk to be operating an automobile. If you leave the scene of an accident, you've broken the law. If you leave the scene, it shows guilt, even if she ran in front of the car and couldn't be avoided.

Maybe he did not see her and thought the bump was a dog or pot hole.

don't assume everyone that hits something knows they did.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Maybe he did not see her and thought the bump was a dog or pot hole.

don't assume everyone that hits something knows they did.

The only way he didn't see her is if he wasn't looking, messaging or something. most normal people would get out and see what BIG thing he hit, but in Thailand hit and run is common, a low life thing to do

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The only way he didn't see her is if he wasn't looking, messaging or something. The only way he didn't see her is if he wasn't looking, messaging or something. most normal people would get out and see what BIG thing he hit, but in Thailand hit and run is common, a low life thing to do

So you agree that he may not have known then, Sanity prevails !!

On 6/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I used to see her on Walking st, around 6.30am when i was exercising, totally drunk, sometimes no hat, was totally bald, sometimes topless.

"when I was exercising, totally drunk"?         Is that at all possible?:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

We could do a poll and you'd be the only person who wouldn't notice if you ran someone down or several dogs

It  would only be you that "knew" they hit someone or something.

sometimes sheet happens and stuff is not known at the time.

19 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

It  would only be you that "knew" they hit someone or something.

sometimes sheet happens and stuff is not known at the time.

If you haven't realized you hit a human, or a dog, you need to stop driving. I notice when a small rock hits the car or i drive over a stick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If you haven't realized you hit a human, or a dog, you need to stop driving. I notice when a small rock hits the car or i drive over a stick.

So you confirm you dont know if you ran over a human, thanks for reinforcing my comments.

Just now, Don Mega said:

your post was clear. you would not know.......which part of your post did you not understand ?

Take a few hours off and come back and see what you said. I'll repeat it so you can absorb the content. If you haven't realized you hit a human, or a dog, you need to stop driving. I notice when a small rock hits the car or i drive over a stick. Meaning, if you hit a human or a dog, and you didn't realize it, you are in no condition to operate a motor vehicle. I'm not sure if you drive or just use tuk tuks, but you have to be really impaired if you don't feel something as large as a dog, cat, deer, turkey, cat or human.

Edited by fredwiggy

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Take a few hours off and come back and see what you said. I'll repeat it so you can absorb the content. If you haven't realized you hit a human, or a dog, you need to stop driving. I notice when a small rock hits the car or i drive over a stick. Meaning, if you hit a human or a dog, and you didn't realize it, you are in no condition to operate a motor vehicle. I'm not sure if you drive or just use tuk tuks, but you have to be really impaired if you don't feel something as large as a dog, cat, deer, turkey, cat or human.

Righto,  so you have never hit anything larger than a small rock or stick.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

Righto,  so you have never hit anything larger than a small rock or stick.

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I hit a dog, here actually, and it ran off, and I've hit a few birds that didn't make it. And I knew every time because I don't drive drunk.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, billd766 said:

There was a report in the BKK Post (I cannot post the link) about a cop sitting in his car when a black Toyota roared past him during curfew hours but he did nothing about it.

Why should he necessarily "do anything about it" when there are many exemptions from the curfew?   Every vehicle is not banned from the road during those hours.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, I hit a dog, here actually, and it ran off, and I've hit a few birds that didn't make it. And I knew every time because I don't drive drunk.

so it is possible then.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And my point is simply leaving the scene is a crime itself and normally done to evade prosecution. This was an old lady dead in the road, unlikely to be criminals looking to commit a crime against him.

The BiB are the criminals I was alluding to. 

Yes, leaving the scene is a crime unto itself.  Like I said, he could be a drug dealer, so why would he hang round?  He could have a warrant out for his arrest, so why would he hang around?  He could be the world's most wanted terrorists, but none of these prove the accident was his fault.