Renew Driving Licence

madmitch

6 hours ago, merijn said:

So far i know and according my experience is that the medical is only required when you change from the temporary to full 5 year DL.

For a 5 year renewal the medical should not be required. (unless things are changed overnight)

Maybe i'm wrong but i thought that the DL can be done up to 1 year after the expire date ???

This is correct as far as my renewal was from 2 years to 5 years and they wanted the medical certificate last May 2019... 

Very inconsistent rule though, you would have thought as they saw my medical when they issued the 2 years license, they don't bother again after just 2 years, but would like to see another medical after a long 5 years period, see if I still have all my limbs and all functioning... lol !? , but here in LOS they have their own fuzzy logic ...!

15 hours ago, BobBKK said:

A Thai friend said it could be done online?  anyone else heard of that?

How can this be done online? As you have to do a color and reaction test etc.

maybe it’s to make a appointment but I never heard about this.

• 2 months later...

Anyone done this since the reopening?

I went away for seven weeks before we were allowed to renew so I suppose I'd better get around to it now I'm back in Phuket.

I'd like to know if we need an appointment, if so how do we get one, or do we just show up like we used to, armed with the paper from Immigration of course.

Thanks

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

I went away for seven weeks before we were allowed to renew so I suppose I'd better get around to it now I'm back in Phuket.

I'd like to know if we need an appointment, if so how do we get one, or do we just show up like we used to, armed with the paper from Immigration of course.

Thanks

Yes you will need a appointment.

Unfortunately i can't help you with how setting up a appointment as i didn't look into this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

Thanks

Go to the office and book in advance. They will give you a time and date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lady who sets up outside near the waiting chairs to the right of the ramp, take your papers as well, she'll check through them all, mark them off and let you know if correct or not, then give you an appointment date, was a week later when I did it just after they reopened.

• Like 1