Curfew may go in fourth phase of easing lockdown

webfact

These guys are who running the country are making up the rules as they see fit as it looks like there's a phase 5 now...lol. According to Bangkok post today,

The source said the committee will also consider allowing boxing matches without spectators present in stadiums for the next phase of relaxation, which is expected to commence on June 15.

The source said the outcome of the meeting will be submitted to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Friday for approval.

Pubs, night clubs and massage parlours will remain closed until the fifth phase of easing the lockdown, the source noted.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

This would mean thar the fourth phase is supposed to happen BEFORE the end of June...otherwise the above doesn't make sense.

Anyone knows for sure when this fourth phase is supposed to start?

1st phase:  Beginning May

2nd phase:  Mid May

3rd phase:  Beginning June

4th phase:  June 15

Probably bars. 

5th phase: July 1st  some international travel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Probably bars. 

You forgot 6th and 7th phase...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Yea, we should now be doing what the Kiwi's are doing, ie getting back to near normal but keep the borders closed or at least have quarantine. However, this government are clearly enjoying seeing their own people suffer, it's sick. 

I have no idea why anyone, except for having a business or young children, would want to stay here??? I'm all ears on that???

Maybe because they have lived all their lives here and would feel as much as a foreigner there than here but without any roots ...

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Are alot of our favorite spots open? Has alot of the talent returned yet?

I was there around lower Sukhumvit last week and it was every bit as dead as Pattaya. To make things even worse the standard of the freelancers hanging around on the street was beyond belief, and not in a good way ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

She who must be obeyed/Thai partner, just informed me that very soon restaurants can serve alcohol but not bars. 

What would happen if bars were allowed open tomorrow (close before say 10pm).

Lot of bars in Thailand. I would suggest that if I went to say Stumble Inn soi 4, I might be very lonely. Most of customers places like Pattaya Beach Rd such as between soi 7 & 8 are tourists. Most have gone. What's the obsession with having  bars closed. 

OK night clubs I get that.

Geezus!

Edited by DrJack54

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

She who must be obeyed/Thai partner, just informed me that very soon restaurants can serve alcohol but not bars. 

What would happen if bars were allowed open tomorrow (close before say 10pm).

Lot of bars in Thailand. I would suggest that if I went to say Stumble Inn soi 4, I might be very lonely. Most of customers places like Pattaya Beach Rd such as between soi 7 & 8 are tourists. Most have gone. What's the obsession with having  bars closed. 

OK night clubs I get that.

Geezus!

If they allow alcohol in restaurants they can allow it also in bars. Often bars have a restaurant license too. In the end they can open the nightlife. There will be no fight against Corona anymore. Anything else would be an unrealistic assumption. Just walked around in Central Pattaya. Very many people without masks. What surprised me was that the beach was almost completely empty.

I'm going to miss the curfew. I've been staying up until midnight for the last few months just so my life feels a bit daring. Oh well, it's back to riding the bike with no helmet for my recalcitrance.

1 hour ago, garygooner said:

Probably bars. 

Phase 106: This phase overrides all other phases and resets the freedom for people to a minimum. You are still allowed to visit the toilet if necessary, but if you enter without face mask you risk a fine of 100.000 baht or a maximum of 5 years in jail or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If they allow alcohol in restaurants they can allow it also in bars. Often bars have a restaurant license too.

Nup. Bars even with kitchen etc are viewed differently to restaurants. 

Been explained many times.

The restaurants will be able to serve alcohol sooner (it seems) unlike bars.

38 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Phase 106: This phase overrides all other phases and resets the freedom for people to a minimum. You are still allowed to visit the toilet if necessary, but if you enter without face mask you risk a fine of 100.000 baht or a maximum of 5 years in jail or both.

I guess it would be a good idea for some people to wear a face mask whilst on the toilet!! ????????

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

or just even restaurants to allow drink, weekends are nothing to look forward to anymore

why can't changes be made midway through the month? why this wait until July 1st? 

if June was 31 days long would these suffering businesses have to wait until July 2nd instead?

That’s far to simple for the simple folk to comprehend 

• Like 1

Any pup or club can say goodbye to their life's work and effort. Maybe this will start the riots they are looking for, like in the US and UK etc? So they show the "need" for Army control! That is for sure gonna backfire.

• Like 1