Curfew may go in fourth phase of easing lockdown

webfact

Somsak said that the fourth easing would likely allow boxing stadiums, entertainment venues and 12 other kinds of businesses to resume activities but their readiness is a factor that would need to be considered.

err...

Someone forgetting how this all started?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Curfew may go in fourth phase of easing lockdown

State of emergency should be lifted completely now, with no local infections. Any inbound flights must be quarantined !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the number of cases from returning Thai nationals in quarantine, I agree that opening international flights is begging for disaster, but does he really think anyone believes his rationale for keeping the country in a state of emergency? There is not another country in the world with a normal government who would seek to keep such control with zero local cases.

Its so ridiculous it boggle the imagination, Thai double Dutch rhetoric is about as understandable as Chinese algebra! What possible purpose is the CURFEW achieving? ZERO, except depriving struggling Thais to get back to work. There's a few cases in hospitals who have flown back in, NONE in the entire population, WAKE UP you idiots!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the number of cases from returning Thai nationals in quarantine, I agree that opening international flights is begging for disaster, but does he really think anyone believes his rationale for keeping the country in a state of emergency? There is not another country in the world with a normal government who would seek to keep such control with zero local cases.

Depends on whether you believe the government. ????

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Its so ridiculous it boggle the imagination, Thai double Dutch rhetoric is about as understandable as Chinese algebra! What possible purpose is the CURFEW achieving? ZERO, except depriving struggling Thais to get back to work. There's a few cases in hospitals who have flown back in, NONE in the entire population, WAKE UP you idiots!

12 year olds manage it here.

Just saying like.......

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

You are for sure not in Thonglor, where I am now,

it is absolutely death.

Without going off topic...Rather than start new topic...I'm currently on island (no face masks). I struggle breathe with them.

What's current go in bkk. Can I go for walk without face mask, then put one on when enter 7/11 etc?

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just allow the local farang bars to open up again will yah, because I'm as thirsty as a lizard

The Thais are too. They've been opening up their own bars wherever they can. You should see the rows of empty Leos in my local 7-11 parking lot in the morning. ????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Has alot of the talent returned yet?

It never left. They've been online, making deliveries. I see em on the moto taxis zipping down Suk dressed for work. Their usual workplaces are shut, so they're working somewhere else. Cutting out the middleman. Amazing deals to be had, so I hear. But I'm already spoken for.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

There is curfew because you can’t have enforcement of social distancing, business closures, etc when the police are asleep. Yes, they sleep too! There is a minimal police force out there at night.

34 minutes ago, hioctane said:

There is curfew because you can’t have enforcement of social distancing, business closures, etc when the police are asleep. Yes, they sleep too! There is a minimal police force out there at night.

Stated thus, it implies that the police do actually enforce things when they are awake.

Edited by JCP108

6 hours ago, 2long said:

If bars are still closed, and I guess most TVF members are not midnight delivery drivers, then what difference does the curfew actually really make to us, the TVF members? Tell the truth now! ????

No effect on me. I am not a night crawler since 1997.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Nup. Bars even with kitchen etc are viewed differently to restaurants. 

Been explained many times.

The restaurants will be able to serve alcohol sooner (it seems) unlike bars.

That is simply not correct if they have a restaurant license. There are many licenses - alcohol, music and also being a restaurant. If a bar has a kitchen and no restaurant license it can act like a bar. If they sell food like a restaurant then this is against the law. But if a bar has a restaurant license it can sell food and perhaps pretty soon alcohol too. But anyhow - I guess on Monday the fight against Corona will be history. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2long said:

If bars are still closed, and I guess most TVF members are not midnight delivery drivers, then what difference does the curfew actually really make to us, the TVF members? Tell the truth now! ????

I'm loving the fact that the bars are still closed and there's a curfew. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be sat in convivial surroundings with rugby on the telly and a pint of Guinness in my hand, however, the main expense for me is the 1200+ baht in taxi fares to get to and from the bars.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's current go in bkk

In Thonglor is everyone wearing a mask, as per now. Have been to "Foodland" and "Eight Complex" , QR code or name and telephone, needed to go in and out. Also temperature taking. 

It can be different in other parts of Bangkok. 

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

That is simply not correct if they have a restaurant license. There are many licenses - alcohol, music and also being a restaurant. If a bar has a kitchen and no restaurant license it can act like a bar. If they sell food like a restaurant then this is against the law. But if a bar has a restaurant license it can sell food and perhaps pretty soon alcohol too. But anyhow - I guess on Monday the fight against Corona will be history. 

We have a guest house with restaurant and drink fridge. They just come around once a year and collect 1000 baht or so. They walk in and go straight to the fridge and check that we have our licence there. My wife keeps the new one for a week or so until the old one expires and then replaces if on the fridge. It is obvious we have a restaurant  but I am sure no licence is needed for it. They pay no attention to our kitchen  and just go straight for the fridge. When I was young in Australia to stay open after 10pm and sell alcohol supper would need to be included in the admission ticket. They would give out French fries as supper. I'm  sure they will just do similar here

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

In Thonglor is everyone wearing a mask, as per now. Have been to "Foodland" and "Eight Complex" , QR code or name and telephone, needed to go in and out. Also temperature taking. 

It can be different in other parts of Bangkok. 

Thonglor seems to be very exceptional. I have the feeling that starting with the coming Monday Corona in Thailand will be history. Here in Pattaya there is not much law enforcement. But I am always ready for a surprise. 

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I agree with you in Australia we have no new local cases and most of the country is open apart

from travel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

Thonglor seems to be very exceptional. I have the feeling that starting with the coming Monday Corona in Thailand will be history. Here in Pattaya there is not much law enforcement. But I am always ready for a surprise. 

In Ladprao 90% wear masks in concentrated areas like night markets. In my large neighborhood, about 5-10% wear masks and mostly on their chins. No distancing. Temp screen tables gone at two nearest night markets. Never had one at the morning market. 7-11s still checking temps but not doing scan/sign-ins. Went to HomePro today and the attached restaurant no longer making people sit apart. Multiple people at tables. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, statman78 said:

They will end the curfew for 15 days then ask the Thai citizens what they think about it.  It is obvious that the curfew has nothing to do with controlling the virus if they are asking the citizens about it.

If anyone answers they want the curfew to remain, or to come back, they have got to have lost their marbles. And I'm not talking about people who hate bars; just the thought of having a curfew makes one's spine shiver. There are many legitimate reasons to be out late at night without involving bars or nightlife. For instance - family or medical emergency, late night flight (or pickup or drop off of passenger(s) from flights arriving/departing late), people who work late night shifts and the list goes on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

At least the schools in Singapore and Indonesia are ok but in Thailand they are just plain horrid.... over priced with a very poor command of English,

My 8yo son goes to Thai government school and has a perfect command of English.

My 22yo step-daughter goes to Thai government University (after government high school) and has a perfect command of English.

Although not attending currently as everywhere is closed.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1