Open doors to foreign businesspeople, industry panel advises

webfact

16 hours ago, Yme said:

Expect when it comes it will be similar to what Cambodia announced Tuesday. Not particularly attractive, a bit of a gamble, and expensive.

International travel in the age of COVID-19: Cambodia leads the world with user pays system

This has changed now. They've updated their story. The costs still apply by everyone needs to pay a $3,000 deposit on arrival. If not used for COVID-19 treatment it will be refunded. 

Cambodia visa runs anyone? 

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 3:02 AM, webfact said:

propose that foreign businesspeople be allowed to enter Thailand.

whereupon they will immediately give up 51% of their company and not be allowed to buy a house + the mighty baht will ensure they get poor value for their spending.

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

whereupon they will immediately give up 51% of their company and not be allowed to buy a house + the mighty baht will ensure they get poor value for their spending.

Those ownership rules won't matter to the "businesspeople" they refer to.

They are not talking about Richard and Nok that own up-to-you bar in Pattaya.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DLock said:

What?

If you paid 120,000 for a Zero Scoot7er, you were ripped off. I paid about 55,000 baht for my 10X and the 11X was only 110,000...but 60mph on a scooter is scary...

But that's besides the point, how is the decision to test people before they arrive a "racist attack".

No i ordered 3 better deal. Me and 2 mates. My other friend has the ZERO 1O. After seeing that it confirmed that this scooter is tuff. Very simple China is a infected sewer hole. Highest new infections. All fake and the racist Pinnochio gives them a clean bill of health ????????????..They should be caged up lol.

Edited by tomauasia

12 hours ago, NoComment said:

The Chinese will buy and rule Thailand eventually.

The odd thing is that they are allowed to get away with the deception.

Corrupt current admin. They are old taking kickbacks. Can't run a brothel. Have no care for normal Thais. You can see look at the starvation tactics.

22 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

When I traveled for business I normally spent a maximum of 2 or 3 days abroad.  I certainly wouldn't go on a business trip to meet people who I needed to see for a couple of days but have to spend 14 days in quarantine before I could meet them.  My time was too valuable for that.

Correct they are idiots

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

At this later stage, it has nothing to do with where the virus came from. You can call the virus anything you want, from the Wuhan virus, to the Trump virus (has it spread anywhere else in such a virulent manner?). Does not change a thing. China got this under control, it appears to have remained under control, and at 83,000 cases, and 4,634 deaths, it appears to be a minor thing compared to 2,066,400 cases in the incredibly toxic (virus wise) US, with 115,000 deaths to date, and still climbing.

The countries that will be shunned the most, will be the US, Brazil, Russia, the UK, Spain, Italy, India, Peru, Germany, Iran, and a few others. Americans such as myself, will be the most radioactive people on the planet, for the next year or two, no doubt. 

You are delusional. China have nothing under control. They report what they want. They are world ruler ????????????. You point a biological weapon at your enemy. Namely USA. China not care about sacrificing a few useless poor Chinese. CCP are pure scum. 

Edited by tomauasia

21 hours ago, ponder said:

It would be better to take the test a week or even two before flying, as people are going to re-tested on arrival, and this would allow the virus to incubate if they have it.

Better still launch all the nucs because of COVID lol. This is all <deleted>. Common sense if you are A human follow health guidelines 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:25 AM, Dukeleto said:

These restrictions will ease very quickly once the tourism sector realises no tourists are actually arriving. International Air travel isn’t just going to start up with 3 people on board trying to get home to families. 

International flights will only resume once airlines can see they get enough customers to make starting back up economically viable...not because some government says we will now start acceptIng visitors based on X, Y or Z.

Exactly. That is why THAI Airways cancelled my BKK-LHR flight 4 times since 4th April - now the earliest published "schedule" is 1st August. The airlines will not start flying again until restrictions are eased so that they can stand a chance of generating enough passengers and revenue to operate. I was told by a THAI airways agent back in April that the 27th October is the target date for resumption of "normal" services. If any airline knows when things will ease it would be THAI.

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

No i ordered 3 better deal. Me and 2 mates. My other friend has the ZERO 1O. After seeing that it confirmed that this scooter is tuff. Very simple China is a infected sewer hole. Highest new infections. All fake and the racist Pinnochio gives them a clean bill of health ????????????..They should be caged up lol.

No argument on the 10x - it's an awesome scooter - but I do want to try that 11x - just to scare myself.

In the context of the debate was testing people on arrival (and departure) - all people. Chinese included. Whilst I might agree that the irony of prioritizing China given where the virus originated, given the limited local transmissions (supposedly) and how many Thais are arriving with COVID-19, testing everyone is important...

2 hours ago, DLock said:

No argument on the 10x - it's an awesome scooter - but I do want to try that 11x - just to scare myself.

In the context of the debate was testing people on arrival (and departure) - all people. Chinese included. Whilst I might agree that the irony of prioritizing China given where the virus originated, given the limited local transmissions (supposedly) and how many Thais are arriving with COVID-19, testing everyone is important...

Its not rocket science given China's dirty history of deciet. Tests are available now. 3 days prior and on arrival. Self quarantine is fine obey hygiene laws and get on with it

On 6/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, Dukeleto said:

These restrictions will ease very quickly once the tourism sector realises no tourists are actually arriving. International Air travel isn’t just going to start up with 3 people on board trying to get home to families. They need to fully open up or not bother until such time as the virus is brought under control if they are so worried. International flights will only resume once airlines can see they get enough customers to make starting back up economically viable...not because some government says we will now start acceptIng visitors based on X, Y or Z.

They have pooped in their own beds, so let them stew in it for awhile.  When they finally wake up to the fact that the economy is non-functional due to their embracing a Horror Story about a virus which has killed as many people during its brief existence as Thailand kills on it's roads in one day. 
The day the greed overcomes the fear - Thailand will reopen.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Foreign arrivals now make up 100% of COVID19 cases in Thailand,

According to what source?  Sorry, that's simply incorrect.  News agencies routinely report on Thai nationals repatriating who are infected.  Please don't add to the xenophobia.  It's bad enough.

6 hours ago, connda said:

They have pooped in their own beds, so let them stew in it for awhile.  When they finally wake up to the fact that the economy is non-functional due to their embracing a Horror Story about a virus which has killed as many people during its brief existence as Thailand kills on it's roads in one day. 
The day the greed overcomes the fear - Thailand will reopen.

Yes they thought the country didn't run on real tourists from real countries. Excluding the chinks. Who are useless compared to white tourists. They are starving 

6 hours ago, connda said:

According to what source?  Sorry, that's simply incorrect.  News agencies routinely report on Thai nationals repatriating who are infected.  Please don't add to the xenophobia.  It's bad enough.

Agreed  fake news wait until the chinks bus up and reinfect ????????????