Thailand ranks 47th in world study: How safe do you feel about living in and visiting Thailand?

webfact

9 hours ago, Cali farong said:

I think once you see how dangerous the drivers are here you

probably won’t be too worried about catching the CCP Flu

Yep, rather take my chances of a covid sufferer coughing all over me than having to do unnecessary road trips.

Its a broken record but, they locked down the country for covid but do not lock down the roads to prevent road deaths.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

I feel much safer all around here in Thailand then i do back in Los Angeles

Same here for my home town, once dubbed the most violent city in the UK. The dangers here are of a totally different nature, mostly H&S, or traffic related. Of course, if you act like an ar#$@ole, inviting trouble, you'll probably get it, and when the Thais do kick off they play to win, no Queensbury rules here.

What a joke. I would feel more safe living in Italy then Thailand. The Thai government is covering up the real extent of how many in Thailand have covid-19. Thailand is a top 3 country with covid-19 since so many Chinese go there then to Italy or Iran. There are only 3 countries I would feel worried to visit or live in and that is China, Thailand and Iran because of covid-19.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shortstop said:

There may not be much testing here in Thailand but I "assume" if anybody was admitted to the hospital with covid it would show up in the stats.  Zero is a pretty low number.   So I feel extremely safe.

But Thailand may have done too good a job in stopping the spread therefore no herd immunity and susceptible to an outbreak if/when borders are reopened.  

If you want the herd a lot of people have to die, even Sweden with there illinformed theory didn't make herd immunity

Thailand locked down in good time and introduced mandatory quarantine for incomers but without widespread testing nobody knows how many cases there are. However a spike in deaths has not happened so either Thais have very strong immune systems or experienced a weaker strain of Wuhan Flu last year. USA is suggesting Wuhan Flu started in August last year so with so many direct Wuhan flights maybe Thailand experienced a less virulent strain

13 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

What a joke. I would feel more safe living in Italy then Thailand. The Thai government is covering up the real extent of how many in Thailand have covid-19. Thailand is a top 3 country with covid-19 since so many Chinese go there then to Italy or Iran. There are only 3 countries I would feel worried to visit or live in and that is China, Thailand and Iran because of covid-19.

How many Chinese go from Thailand to Italy or Iran?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Thailand locked down in good time and introduced mandatory quarantine for incomers but without widespread testing nobody knows how many cases there are. However a spike in deaths has not happened so either Thais have very strong immune systems or experienced a weaker strain of Wuhan Flu last year. USA is suggesting Wuhan Flu started in August last year so with so many direct Wuhan flights maybe Thailand experienced a less virulent strain

USA says it started in August based on Car Park data and some other nonsense. Not a medical fact involved. Excuse me if I laugh uncontrollably.

49 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Yep, rather take my chances of a covid sufferer coughing all over me than having to do unnecessary road trips.

Its a broken record but, they locked down the country for covid but do not lock down the roads to prevent road deaths.

I'm way more worried about malaria/dengue than Covid in Thailand . The roads ----- 10 times more worried than that .

10 hours ago, Cali farong said:

I think once you see how dangerous the drivers are here you

probably won’t be too worried about catching the CCP Flu

I agree with you 100% Thai driver are the worse in the world. 58 have died from the virus in 4 months whil about 47 are killed in auto accident EACH day. this is a fact 

What a pathetically poor and distorted study this report is based upon.

The average deaths per million population world wide is 54 and cases is 960.

How can Switzerland with 224 deaths per million and 3,588 cases be the safest country in the world from Covid-19.

Germany's numbers are 106 and 2,226 respectively.

Thailand's are 0.8 and 45.

I know where I'd rather be and that's right here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aatsi said:

I feel Thailand is quite safety country by covid-19. I must go visiting soon in Europe but I go just after can be sure first that I can return back as tourist to Thailand in one month from leaving.

Europe is getting over the virus now, it is still here but in much lower numbers so extremely unlikely you will have problems if you take sensible precautions, soon it will be beaten in Europe. South America and Russia are different stories, they are in the early days and the virus is spreading rapidly.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

What kind of a nonsense survey is this? Switzerland has had over 31,000 cases and almost 2,000 deaths, compared with 3,000 and 58 for Thailand. The virus doesn't care if you've got a view of glorious snow-capped peaks or a mango tree, if it's got your name on it then bad luck.

Have you considered that Switzerland has tested more intensely and consequently its results are more accurate.

Anybody who takes the Thai figures literally is utterly delusional.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paulswebb said:

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. 58 deaths is the average for daily road deaths and no body cares about that, so why the fuss over covid.

And that's the problem in this country!

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

Whatever they based their study on, there is an agenda behind it. I'm stuck in Austria. Next door Germany (Bavaria alone) with approx. same population as Austria has more infections/deaths than Austria has. We had no deaths for a few weeks, very low new infections, and Germany is better? Forget this study done by an investment firm.

Maybe you are right, for that reason, why they still warning for a second wave?

11 hours ago, mr mr said:

total fake news.

thailand has had a mere 58 or so deaths from the wuwu. by those numbers alone thailand is surely the best ? no ? 

Maybe it includes the corruption index?

Likely hood of being ripped off or approached for tea money. 

And they open 5 offices in China to lure tourists here, but still nothing on offer for Australians who want to get back. 

I think these figures were written on the back of a Brown paper envelope.

(After the contents were removed).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

If you have facts to prove your statement let’s see them, otherwise your just adding to fake news

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Happy to travel everywhere, including Thailand.

But would not be happy to be hospitalised everywhere.

Simple. 

Bang another 500 baht on every traveler and include insurance cover..

Maybe one day it will sound like a good idea..

(When they think of it)...

• Like 1