Second wave of infections may not be so bad if everyone cooperates: expert

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

What second wave of stupid doctors if nobody has Covid19 any more? Your glory hour is over.......

You really think all the doctors around the world got together in a coordinated, global conspiracy just to mess with people?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, YetAnother said:

in other words; stay at home for a month and hold your breath

I don't stay at home and hold my breath. Stupid suggestion. Everything for me is the same as it their was  before the Corona Virus pandemic. It's common sense what's required. I go to the open market 3 different days of the week. People wear masks distancing is not possible but you don't go around shaking everybody's hand now do you.

49 minutes ago, lensta said:

Everyday one of these "experts" steps in front of a camera and microphone to spew out some more scaremongering propaganda. Look at his photo, these experts tell everyone that they must wear mask and observe social distancing, but there he is, no mask. These people  are laughing at the Thai population.

But I laugh at people like you who come on here spouting what YOU think. Well I can tell YOU that all I care about is what I think to avoid dying to early at my age. 

Though I would take a chance on one thing, IF it were given to me, a Honda 250cc 6 pot RC166...????

5 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

Wishful thinking. The Spanish flu killed 50million and it was the second wave that was responsible for the majority of the deaths. 

Something to consider too: the Spanish flu mutated significantly causing the second wave to be far more deadly. Let's hope that doesn't happen. OTH it could mutate into a less dangerous form?

PS I saw a documentary, and they now believe the "Spanish" flu started in the Kansas, USA.

20 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

"Thailand’s ratio is even lower when compared to 33.56 in the US, 43.51 in France and 60.95 in the United Kingdom."

If he thinks Thailand's ratio is lower when compared to other countries, he is no logician.

What are your stats then? Got any peer-reviewed articles that shows this is not correct?

Reg vitamin D, it has been mentioned by experts it's a key player for the immune system.

Lots of sun in Thailand, low number of confirmed china virus cases in Thailand makes sense...

Well NOT according to an article i remember reading years ago. In case this National newspaper cant be linked here google "thai people suffer vitamin d deficiency" it suggests over 60% is deficient.

Of course We all know most Thais don't like to be in the sun to avoid getting tanned

Growing up in the Nordics I remember getting A and D supplements during the dark winters as there is much less daylight and we had to dress for the cold when being outside.

Eat healthy, get some exercise preferably out in the sun, take supplements if you need it while waiting for that vaccine... must be ready any day now seeing how much funding that has been thrown at it

55 minutes ago, coastguard said:

Something to consider too: the Spanish flu mutated significantly causing the second wave to be far more deadly. Let's hope that doesn't happen. OTH it could mutate into a less dangerous form?

PS I saw a documentary, and they now believe the "Spanish" flu started in the Kansas, USA.

From what I read flu viruses mutate much more than coronaviruses. The Spanish flu was more deadly for a number of reasons, a main one being this was before the discovery of antibiotics and a lot of people died from secondary pneumonia. Personally, I think this coronavirus will take the path of previous ones and just disappear.

8 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

From what I read flu viruses mutate much more than coronaviruses. The Spanish flu was more deadly for a number of reasons, a main one being this was before the discovery of antibiotics and a lot of people died from secondary pneumonia. Personally, I think this coronavirus will take the path of previous ones and just disappear.

Maybe you should all have a look at a movie called : Soilent Green.... 

"better public health system"!? ????????

No doubt the climate is playing a major part. It has to be said that in Asia (Thailand included of course) the discipline of wearing masks is better along with the fact they don't shake hands and kiss, they points are obviously true.

I hate the comparison game, Thailand are so desperate to sell themselves as a superior country they use ANY opportunity. I find it very sad because the truth of things tells a very different story. 

Thailand has been very fortunate the virus has not ravaged the community as it has in other countries, they should be thankful, not spending time waving the flag. When people are dying this is not the time to run such comparisons..

Lets compare corruption, police response times, human trafficking, drug trafficking, tourist death rates, road death rates and gun crime and see how they compare...

21 hours ago, 473geo said:

Google tells us '10 - 30 minutes of midday sun several times a week' is enough to maintain healthy levels of vitamin D

You guys are taking vitamin D supplements in Thailand!

Some years ago I got tested for Vitamin D. Despite living in Thailand full time, I had a deficiency. If you stay out of the sun, it can happen!Now I take Mega D.

3 minutes ago, placnx said:

Some years ago I got tested for Vitamin D. Despite living in Thailand full time, I had a deficiency. If you stay out of the sun, it can happen!Now I take Mega D.

if you dont go out for long periods and stay indoors away from the windows it can happen, very true. My advice go for a walk for 30 minutes every day for your overall health.

• Like 1

"Second wave of infections may not be so bad if everyone cooperates"

Translated:

"We destroyed our economy and the rich and wealthy are beginning to feel the pitch so it's time to get things open again."

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

NHS says all supplements are essentially worthless.

Probably right, my Dr also says the same, but makes me feel good, so will keep taking them, a bit like the Dr saying don't drink, yeh right ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nickmondo said:

there is absolutely no reason why a person living in Thailand cannot access natural sunlight every day.

we are not confined to our houses.

outside is allowable

I can´t, because of the suns reflection on my smartphone outside, i can´t see the screen very well anymore . . .

On 6/11/2020 at 5:46 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Key player IMHO = Vitamin D, which affects the immune system, too many people not seeing the daylight because they are indoors all day.

When Thais go out, they cover every mm2 of their skin to look white like polar bear. What vitamin D?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

When Thais go out, they cover every mm2 of their skin to look white like polar bear. What vitamin D?

They get it through food. 

Like the Swedes.

Thais have some of the best Vitamin D values in the world.

11 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

The powder being applied is so that they don't feel sticky/sweaty.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, J Town said:

You really think all the doctors around the world got together in a coordinated, global conspiracy just to mess with people?

What are you talking about ? Your replay not have any relation wit my commentary.