Biden says military would help oust Trump if he loses election but refuses to leave

webfact

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Talk about dementia, try figuring out this incoherent exchange between Trump and Hannity. From Pelosi to sound of the helicopter. Bizarre. 

Donald Trump: (12:13)
Nancy Pelosi and many other people, including Republicans, were … months later, they were saying, “Let’s go to Chinatown and celebrate.” Nancy Pelosi was celebrating- [crosstalk 00:12:23]

Sean Hannity: (12:23)
February 24th.

Donald Trump: (12:24)
Correct. In the streets of Chinatown. You know, there’s no business like this. You could do a great job like Schumer. I did a phenomenal job on a trade deal, and they asked him, “What’d you think of the deal?”

Donald Trump: (12:38)
“I didn’t like it. No good. No good.” He never even saw the deal. It’s just an automatic thing. You hear the sound of that helicopter? Is that a beautiful sound?

Sean Hannity: (12:45)
Beautiful sound.

Donald Trump: (12:46)
Made in the USA. It’s all made in the US.

Summed nicely here (how does one embed a clip, btw?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv0RExQsPQ

12 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Or saved by one.

EASING CONCEALED FIREARMS LAWS: EFFECTS ON HOMICIDE IN THREE STATES* DAVID MCDOWALL

"This Article examines the frequency of homicides in the large urban areas of Florida, Mississippi, and Oregon, before and after their shall issue laws began. The analysis provides no support for the idea that the laws reduced homicides; instead, it finds evidence of an increase in firearm murders."

https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6855&context=jclc

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

EASING CONCEALED FIREARMS LAWS: EFFECTS ON HOMICIDE IN THREE STATES* DAVID MCDOWALL

"This Article examines the frequency of homicides in the large urban areas of Florida, Mississippi, and Oregon, before and after their shall issue laws began. The analysis provides no support for the idea that the laws reduced homicides; instead, it finds evidence of an increase in firearm murders."

https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6855&context=jclc

I call bogus and don't care.  In any event since you think requiring IDs for voting an effort to suppress a right then you must agree that requiring IDs to buy a gun as suppressing a right.  So we agree.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

I call bogus and don't care.  In any event since you think requiring IDs for voting an effort to suppress a right then you must agree that requiring IDs to buy a gun as suppressing a right.  So we agree.  

The question isn't whether or not it's suppressing a right, but whether or not it's justified.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

EASING CONCEALED FIREARMS LAWS

DT rallies should be-open carry events.  Even if the town does not have such provisions, the venue should allow his fans to express themselves.  I'm sure there will be no untoward incidents due to this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

There is little evidence of voter fraud in general, and no evidence of the kind of voter fraud that requiring a state approved good-enough-to-vote with ID would prevent.  There is evidence of voter suppression by ID laws.

There is also ample evidence of guns being used to commit crimes, often in the hands of people with criminal records or a history of mental illness. 

I'd ask if you can see the difference, but I'm sure you don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

JohnP is a far lefty who only wants to talk over anyone who doesn't agree with him. Waste of time in my opinion.

While you are clearly a big government conservative keen on imposing ID's and bureaucracy on people when there is no evidence of a need to impose such ID's and bureaucracy.

There was a time when conservatives favored small government and the elimination of unnecessary laws and regulations.  Then came Trump.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

I can tell you don't see the difference in suppressing a right.  If one right is to be respected without ID then all rights are.  Please deflect away.  Seems our resident lefties simply like to talk over and deflect away from uncomfortable truths.  

Hypocrisy is always funny to watch on the internet.  ????

As I predicted, you don't see the difference. 

There is a legitimate need to identify people who purchase guns.  That isn't a problem for gun purchasers because many forms of ID are accepted.

There is no demonstrated need to require voters to obtain an ID that meets state imposed criteria.  The criteria are impossible to meet for some voters.  In absence of the need and in view of the difficulty for some in obtaining the ID, it is clear that voter ID laws are suppressing the vote.

Reasonable limits are imposed on rights when they are abused.  That's why freedom of speech doesn't include the freedom to provoke violence or yell "Fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

As I predicted, you don't see the difference. 

There is a legitimate need to identify people who purchase guns.  That isn't a problem for gun purchasers because many forms of ID are accepted.

There is no demonstrated need to require voters to obtain an ID that meets state imposed criteria.  The criteria are impossible to meet for some voters.  In absence of the need and in view of the difficulty for some in obtaining the ID, it is clear that voter ID laws are suppressing the vote.

Reasonable limits are imposed on rights when they are abused.  That's why freedom of speech doesn't include the freedom to provoke violence or yell "Fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire. 

I could honestly care less about the "difficulty" of people who are citizens in America or want to become such, in obtaining a proper identification. A sixteen year old who wants to drive has no problems. People here in Thailand have probably gone through far worse just to be resident aliens with no right to anything. If they are too lazy to meet the requirements, they shouldn't have the right to vote; and certainly if they're not legal citizens they should not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 6/27/2020 at 3:09 AM, Jingthing said:

The republicans best (and perhaps only) hope.

People not voting.

The democratic party is well named in this instance. They actually want people to vote. The republicans only want a certain kind of person to vote.

No wonder the USA's rating as a democracy has slipped significantly. 

No, the best hope for the Republicans is Biden. Like HRC he will make any thinking person that is a swing voter decide to vote for the less bad candidate, IMO.

Trump isn't the best person for the position, but he's way ahead of Joe, IMO and that of many.

Trump just lost the election, and did so this last week, we just haven't realized it.  

The pandemic has surged and is going to go out of control. In lots of states but specifically down in Elvis country. Furthermore he will now need another bail out & maybe more. Even clueless wall street clucks are realizing the real state of the economy & projected post virus economy, so much for those rallies.. And yet If he does not put through more pandemic aid, he pauperizes his base. A rock and a hard place. 

The Secret Service agents are in quarantine because they might have been exposed in Tulsa and AZ. That actually took a while but got through to POTUS. If he or Pence catches it, major embarrassment. So they ran  home and cancelled engagements. 

Earlier in the week he tapped FOX and Hannity for a free re election media special, but the pandemic surge drowned it out. The guy is panicked, you could see it in his rant rave about tests days later. 

We haven't even gotten to the fallout from Presidents Trumps good friend  Vlad, the Impaler, Putin,  putting bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan yet.

It's all over but the shouting. 

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Trump just lost the election, and did so this last week, we just haven't realized it.  

The pandemic has surged and is going to go out of control. In lots of states but specifically down in Elvis country. Furthermore he will now need another bail out & maybe more. Even clueless wall street clucks are realizing the real state of the economy & projected post virus economy, so much for those rallies.. And yet If he does not put through more pandemic aid, he pauperizes his base. A rock and a hard place. 

The Secret Service agents are in quarantine because they might have been exposed in Tulsa and AZ. That actually took a while but got through to POTUS. If he or Pence catches it, major embarrassment. So they ran  home and cancelled engagements. 

Earlier in the week he tapped FOX and Hannity for a free re election media special, but the pandemic surge drowned it out. The guy is panicked, you could see it in his rant rave about tests days later. 

We haven't even gotten to the fallout from Presidents Trumps good friend  Vlad, the Impaler, Putin,  putting bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan yet.

It's all over but the shouting. 

I wasn't aware that you had a working time machine to jump to November to see the election outcome.

It's a long while yet before the voters cast their ballots.

I'll wait till November to see who does win. Both of them could have caught corona and died by then.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

wasn't aware that you had a working time machine to jump to November to see the election outcome.

I'll wait till November to see who does win. Both of them could have caught corona and died by then.

If he doesn't do anything about this current surge, its over. I think that is now impossible. You pay for your mistakes and POTUS did not do anything, chose not to do anything, to disregard options given him, for 5 months. He thought he could get away with motor mouthing, (turn it into a culture war), and it would go away.

End of june now, he will be dealing with this until September if not longer. Just one Epic Excrement Show.   

BTW I hope you have made the necessary changes to your investments, its going to be long dry season, and Thai Immigration is notoriously unsympathetic. 

Cheers

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that you had a working time machine to jump to November to see the election outcome.

But no such issues with time machine etc. when you project preferences of imaginary swing voters. Funny dat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

If he doesn't do anything about this current surge, its over. I think that is now impossible. You pay for your mistakes and POTUS did not do anything, chose not to do anything, to disregard options given him, for 5 months. He thought he could get away with motor mouthing, (turn it into a culture war), and it would go away.

End of june now, he will be dealing with this until September if not longer. Just one Epic Excrement Show.   

BTW I hope you have made the necessary changes to your investments, its going to be long dry season, and Thai Immigration is notoriously unsympathetic. 

Cheers

A week is a long time in politics. It's not over till November. HRC thought she'd won till she found out she hadn't.

For all we know Trump will bow out and Pence will be the candidate.

However, if the Dems would only see the light and find a half way decent candidate to replace Joe, and Trump was still up for the GOP the Dems would win by a landslide. Trump is only a possibility as long as Joe is his opponent, IMO. Two old men that have apparently lost touch with reality, to some extent- is that really the best the US can come up with? God help us.

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

I don't provide funds for the lifestyle of the investment fraternity and I'm not going back to LOS any time soon.

6 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

I could honestly care less about the "difficulty" of people who are citizens in America or want to become such, in obtaining a proper identification. A sixteen year old who wants to drive has no problems. People here in Thailand have probably gone through far worse just to be resident aliens with no right to anything. If they are too lazy to meet the requirements, they shouldn't have the right to vote; and certainly if they're not legal citizens they should not.

So the fact that there is no demonstrated need for voter ID"s and the fact that states are making it difficult to impossible for some people, mostly the old and poor, to obtain them doesn't bother you?

Right, we'll just put you down as another big government enthusiast who likes rules and bureaucracy that serve no purpose.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Cheers

Intelligent Trump supporters are in a quandary.  They know that wearing masks greatly reduces transmission of the virus, and that if transmission isn't slowed then Trump is in serious trouble in November.  However Trump refuses to wear a mask and thinks people who do are wearing them to spite him.   https://www.vox.com/2020/6/18/21295826/coronavirus-us-update-trump-wsj-interview-masks-tests

So in the interest of re-electing Trump supporters should wear masks and slow transmission, but in the interest of looking like a Trump supporter they shouldn't.

My guess is that Trump supporters will choose appearance over substance.  Just like Trump.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, the best hope for the Republicans is Biden. Like HRC he will make any thinking person that is a swing voter decide to vote for the less bad candidate, IMO.

Trump isn't the best person for the position, but he's way ahead of Joe, IMO and that of many.

Really?
Polls show Biden has edge with voters who don't like their choices

President Trump is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden among voters who view both men unfavorably, a substantial and growing segment of the population that could decide which man takes the oath of office next January...

Several surveys in recent days show those voters breaking hard for Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/497359-polls-show-biden-has-edge-with-voters-who-dont-like-their-choices

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1