Biden says military would help oust Trump if he loses election but refuses to leave

webfact

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

In other words, you can't deny that voter ID laws unfairly disenfranchise U.S. citizens and have no evidence of the election fraud the laws are supposed to prevent.

Voter ID laws would disenfranchise non US citizen who want to vote, especially those who want to liberalize illegal immigration. Makes sense. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Voter ID laws would disenfranchise non US citizen who want to vote, especially those who want to liberalize illegal immigration. Makes sense. 

As has been explained, repeatedly, voter ID laws disenfranchise legitimate voters.  Non-US citizens don't vote.  Numerous attempts to show that they do have failed to produce evidence.

However you have clearly arrived at your conclusions and won't let facts change your mind.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, heybruce said:

As has been explained, repeatedly, voter ID laws disenfranchise legitimate voters.  Non-US citizens don't vote.  Numerous attempts to show that they do have failed to produce evidence.

However you have clearly arrived at your conclusions and won't let facts change your mind.

Your claim is demonstrably false.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/us/north-carolina-illegal-voters.html

Of course non-citizens vote. That is why logical Americans support election security. Why are you opposed to election security?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Of course non-citizens vote. That is why logical Americans support election security. Why are you opposed to election security?

Actually, the only cases of non-citizens voting that were found in various investigations were by holders of green cards. And the number was vanishingly small. And their intentions were not to commit fraud. They were just ignorant. It's ludicrous to think that someone would risk so much for the sake of casting a vote illicitly. And the numbers show that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Actually, the only cases of non-citizens voting that were found in various investigations were by holders of green cards. And the number was vanishingly small. And their intentions were not to commit fraud. They were just ignorant. It's ludicrous to think that someone would risk so much for the sake of casting a vote illicitly. And the numbers show that.

Green card holders are not citizens, so that is of no help to you- and that's assuming your specious claim is even true at all. And the number is the number of people caught. Now, before we proceed, tell me how you are able to read their minds with regards to their intentions. Or do you just assume all people with brown skin are, as you described them, "ignorant"? Face it, that was a Freudian slip. I can read minds just like you!

Finally, many people take risks that don't seem logical. Why do you think that only when it comes to voting illegally, people would choose not to? Sorry, your logic doesn't add up.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Green card holders are not citizens, so that is of no help to you- and that's assuming your specious claim is even true at all. And the number is the number of people caught. Now, before we proceed, tell me how you are able to read their minds with regards to their intentions. Or do you just assume all people with brown skin are, as you described them, "ignorant"? Face it, that was a Freudian slip. I can read minds just like you!

Finally, many people take risks that don't seem logical. Why do you think that only when it comes to voting illegally, people would choose not to? Sorry, your logic doesn't add up.

I have repeatedly linked to data that come from Republican states where investigations were conducted into voter fraud. The only voting by non-citizen immigrants they found was on the part of a few green card holders. This was in threads you participated in. I think even in this one. I can offer information but I can't force you to look at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

They aren't risking anything. If they are legal immigrants they'd probably vote for law and order, but don't because it's illegal. But if not, they'd vote against law and order. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, checkered flag said:

They aren't risking anything. If they are legal immigrants they'd probably vote for law and order, but don't because it's illegal. But if not, they'd vote against law and order. 

What are you on about? A very few green card holders were found to have voted illegally. How were they not risking anything? It's a crime. No illegal immigrants were found to have voted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

I have repeatedly linked to data that come from Republican states where investigations were conducted into voter fraud. The only voting by non-citizen immigrants they found was on the part of a few green card holders. This was in threads you participated in. I think even in this one. I can offer information but I can't force you to look at it.

Apparently, have much more faith in the Republican party than the rest of us.

21 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Apparently, have much more faith in the Republican party than the rest of us.

Ridiculous comment. They are highly motivated to find in person voter fraud in order to justify restrictive ID standards. But they haven't found it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

No illegal aliens were caught voting in that particular bust. But you go ahead and keep telling us those dumb brown people were confused. That's precisely what we'd expect from the Democrat party.

Interesting that you assume holders of green cards are colored brown and possibly intentionally committed voter fraud. Is that because you believe that white people would never stoop so low?

And it wasn't my assumption about them, it was reported by the investigators that they were confused.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

Ridiculous comment. They are highly motivated to find in person voter fraud in order to justify restrictive ID standards. But they haven't found it. 

Huh? The Supreme Court has already ruled voter ID is Constitutional. That is all that is needed. But I do find it odd that now you're only talking about in person voter fraud. Why aren't you concerned with all forms of voter fraud? Your standards sure do seem to shift. Why are you so opposed to election security? Aren't we all supposed to be worried about *the Russians* ruining our elections?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

Interesting that you assume holders of green cards are colored brown and possibly intentionally committed voter fraud. Is that because you believe that white people would never stoop so low?

And it wasn't my assumption about them, it was reported by the investigators that they were confused.

So now you're saying they accidentally committed voter fraud???? And of course, we all know how Democrats feel about people of color. It's a long history of racism. In fact, your new nominee has spouted more racist garbage than most. So let's stop trying to play innocent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crazy Alex said:

Huh? The Supreme Court has already ruled voter ID is Constitutional. That is all that is needed. But I do find it odd that now you're only talking about in person voter fraud. Why aren't you concerned with all forms of voter fraud? Your standards sure do seem to shift. Why are you so opposed to election security? Aren't we all supposed to be worried about *the Russians* ruining our elections?

The way the Russians are expected to try and ruin it is through the internet. The democrats tried to pass a law disconnecting voting machines from the Internet. Republicans refused. That has nothing to do with voter ID.

The Supreme court ruled it was constitutional. It didn't rule that it was mandatory.

And I'm referring to in person voter fraud because you keep insisting that it's crucial even though it's not implicated in the examples of voter fraud you keep citing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Ok, I should have stated that an insignificant number of non-citizens attempt to vote.  19 people in a state of over 10,000,000, represent less than 0.00002% of the population and less than 0.0002% of the votes cast.  How many elections did these votes swing? 

Contrast that with the impact of voter ID laws in the swing state of Texas:

"Around 600,000 registered Texas voters don’t have one of the limited forms of ID that the law allows, according to evidence presented in the legal challenge to the law, which was brought by civil rights groups and the Justice Department. The state did almost nothing to challenge that assessment....There is also no serious doubt that the number of disenfranchised voters exceeds the amount of fraudulent votes the law stopped. Texas has been able to point to just two fraudulent votes since 2000 that would have been prevented by the ID law."   http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/how-many-voters-were-disenfranchised-texass-id-law

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

No illegal aliens were caught voting in that particular bust. But you go ahead and keep telling us those dumb brown people were confused. That's precisely what we'd expect from the Democrat party.

In other words, you imagine there is a serious problem with illegals voting, and even though you can't support your imagined crime with evidence, you want a solution that disenfranchises legal voters.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

The only illegal alien I've know personally was an attractive, fair-skinned Canadian who liked living in the US and didn't want to go through the hassle of applying for legal residency.  She had no trouble getting away with it because, you know, white skin...

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Ok, I should have stated that an insignificant number of non-citizens attempt to vote.  19 people in a state of over 10,000,000, represent less than 0.00002% of the population and less than 0.0002% of the votes cast.  How many elections did these votes swing? 

Contrast that with the impact of voter ID laws in the swing state of Texas:

"Around 600,000 registered Texas voters don’t have one of the limited forms of ID that the law allows, according to evidence presented in the legal challenge to the law, which was brought by civil rights groups and the Justice Department. The state did almost nothing to challenge that assessment....There is also no serious doubt that the number of disenfranchised voters exceeds the amount of fraudulent votes the law stopped. Texas has been able to point to just two fraudulent votes since 2000 that would have been prevented by the ID law."   http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/how-many-voters-were-disenfranchised-texass-id-law

Of course, that's 19 people caught. Obviously, as voting illegally is very easy to get away with, a rational person will surmise there is a lot of illegal voting going on.

As for 600,000 people not having ID, likely a highly inflated number. Regardless, they should get an ID. It's easy and cheap and all normal Americans should have one whether or not they vote.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Of course, that's 19 people caught. Obviously, as voting illegally is very easy to get away with, a rational person will surmise there is a lot of illegal voting going on.

As for 600,000 people not having ID, likely a highly inflated number. Regardless, they should get an ID. It's easy and cheap and all normal Americans should have one whether or not they vote.

Why would a rational person surmise there is a lot of illegal voting going on?  The risks are high, criminal prosecution followed by expulsion from the country.  The rewards, an insignificant chance of influencing an election, are low to non-existent.

As has been explained repeatedly, getting an ID that the state will accept for voting is not easy for many eligible citizens.  Repeating that it is easy over and over again does not change a lie into the truth.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that you had a working time machine to jump to November to see the election outcome.

It's a long while yet before the voters cast their ballots.

I'll wait till November to see who does win. Both of them could have caught corona and died by then.

Two things, three actually 

Lag time, if Chaplin Charlie had a magic show on the fourth of July and magically all new wuhan virus infections stopped from that day forward. Even with that, Texas, Arizona, California, and Florida (& more states) will be packing out hospitals for July and August, on already infected, and those infected but do not know it yet.

Secondly, tossing out the chance that Chaplin Charlie & Jesus will perform a magic show. We have so many infected that we are at a stage of exponential growth. Even if we are able to get a handle on it this month, and hold it under 100,000 new cases a day. The sheer numbers of infected who are out infecting, means it keeps rolling and hospitals are going to be full through past November. As in Election day. That is the problem with large numbers of infected, even of your re slowing it down, numbers will be massive.

My comment using Rubicon means this is out of control now, its happening now. I do not get any idea they are going to be able to stop it. We have 8 days’ strait of record infection counts, it keeps increasing, we are up to 50,000 a day as of yesterday. It will likely take a couple months for this to joggle the brain pan but at some future date we may look back and say late June, July 4th that is when it went well and truly out of control. Strangely Trump seems to have given up on doing anything about it this week. Instead he tweets about BLM and social wars but not the virus. A former CIA director said today Trump looks to have gone AWOL, tweeting about vandalism, ignoring and deflecting anything about the virus, it's like he has given up. That said he has the Russian Bounty scandal to deal with. so , times tough.

Dawn up, need coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Lag time, if Chaplin Charlie had a magic show on the fourth of July and magically all new wuhan virus infections stopped from that day forward. Even with that, Texas, Arizona, California, and Florida (& more states) will be packing out hospitals for July and August, on already infected, and those infected but do not know it yet.

Secondly, tossing out the chance that Chaplin Charlie & Jesus will perform a magic show. We have so many infected that we are at a stage of exponential growth. Even if we are able to get a handle on it this month, and hold it under 100,000 new cases a day. The sheer numbers of infected who are out infecting, means it keeps rolling and hospitals are going to be full through past November. As in Election day. That is the problem with large numbers of infected, even of your re slowing it down, numbers will be massive.

My comment using Rubicon means this is out of control now, its happening now. I do not get any idea they are going to be able to stop it. We have 8 days’ strait of record infection counts, it keeps increasing, we are up to 50,000 a day as of yesterday. It will likely take a couple months for this to joggle the brain pan but at some future date we may look back and say late June, July 4th that is when it went well and truly out of control. Strangely Trump seems to have given up on doing anything about it this week. Instead he tweets about BLM and social wars but not the virus. A former CIA director said today Trump looks to have gone AWOL, tweeting about vandalism, ignoring and deflecting anything about the virus, it's like he has given up. That said he has the Russian Bounty scandal to deal with. so , times tough.

Dawn up, need coffee.

More significantly, hospitalizations are way up.  It's only a matter of time before deaths start to spike, too, despite the significant improvements in care and treatment.

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Dawn up, need coffee.

The way it's going the US will hit herd immunity way ahead of the rest of the world and be ready to motor ahead under Trump's second term. They already have increases in employment, so it's looking good.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

So now you're saying they accidentally committed voter fraud???? And of course, we all know how Democrats feel about people of color. It's a long history of racism. In fact, your new nominee has spouted more racist garbage than most. So let's stop trying to play innocent.

As I already wrote, it wasn't my characterization. It was the characterization of investigators working for the Republican government. Do I have to write it 3 times for it to sink in?

And you still haven't answered why you assumed these people had brown skin. Racist much?

Edited by johnpetersen
  • Like 2