New Notebook

marvin1950

Try the computer shop right next to the Cat shop in old Central 2. floor.

This guys are good and can fit you with high quality to built order.

They done a special computer for me before. Would buy there again.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, schlog said:

Try the computer shop right next to the Cat shop in old Central 2. floor.

This guys are good and can fit you with high quality to built order.

They done a special computer for me before. Would buy there again.

Hey Schlog, will these guys upgrade an old computer??

9 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

Would you buy a notebook on lazada?

I'd be more inclined to order one from Advice Computer. They do online sales and delivery, plus they have physical shops all over Thailand, including one in Phuket Town.   advice.co.th

On 6/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, marvin1950 said:

Would you buy a notebook on lazada?

I bought one from Lazada last year, make sure it's a Thai vendor and not shipped from China, it is a well-known brand with manufacturers warrant, I bought Acer, vendor has a lot of positive reviews,  its a LazadaMall vendor/member, it shows this on their profile, all photos and info are correct and correspond with model number that is clearly mentioned..., finally choose to pay by " Cash on delivery"..., although you can not open to check the merchandise before paying , it's a good incentive to actually receive the item quickly and well packaged...

The one I bought was 3000b (20%) cheaper than in Banana or other shops here and came with a lot of freebies like carrying bag, Bluetooth mouse and so on...

Small drag,  it has Thai characters on the keyboard,  but I got used to it...

Any software included are mostly trials, after a while you need to pay subscriptions,  but they are now a lot of free office compatible programs that you can download and use, not worth paying for anything...

You can connect both notebooks to your home Wi-Fi then copy stuff over (enable file sharing ) don't do that over shared/ public Wi-Fi,  you could be hacked.  Switch off sharing afterwards. There are some programs that help in that too, Google search is your best friend...

5 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

Do the notebooks come with any preloaded software.

Word?

Excel.?

Can they transfer files and programs from an existing notebook to a new notebook?

Any pre-loaded software would be trial or demo versions, unless they are pirated.

For MS Office apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), the LibreOffice suite is every bit as good, and free. Fully functional, extremely robust and compatible with all MS Office document formats.