Can Somebody Recommend A Cheap Portable Usb 2.0 Hub?

steffi

Right now I'm in Khon Kaen and there's a plentiful supply at Tukcom/Oasis but you never know which ones work and are reliable. I've had good experience with one of those translucent card readers before. The kind that this year and half their size with the CF slot being on the opposite side now. One that seems to be highly regarded is the Apacer rotating cube one and there's always those flat ones. There's also those very small square ones which 2 connectors on either side that seem to be ok also. Anybody used those? There's two phillips screws in either side and it's almost a perfect square. There's also the circular kind that allows you to plug in bigger devices as the spaces b/w the connectors is bigger.

Also, since a notebook cooling stand is cheaper than a CPU or a burnt out machine has anybody seen any noticable improvement when using these notebook cooling stands? There seem to be a lot of them around. I saw somebody in a book took a USB hub and actually glued/double sided taped it to the button of the notebook stand to actually provide a hub and wired the stand directly into the hub and connected the hub the laptop via it's connector.

Seemed like a cheap way to get a notebook cooling stand with USB 2.0 hub as most of the ones you see don't say they are USB 2.0

I have a cooling stand and it really does work very well. Before in my non air conditioned apartment, the internal fan would come on and blow hard to exhaust the heat which would rise to 47-49 degrees. With a dual fan stand for around 600 bht underneath, I never hear the fan blow hard anymore and the temperature raises to 41-44 degrees on a very hot and sticky day like today

Well worth investing in

JAF

Can you describe your cooling stand for me? I'm familiar with a lot of the ones available.

I think I'll get the one that has the fans at 2500 rpm that's translucent plastic. Thing is you can get this model with 3 fans if you look hard enough. Normally you only see the 2 fan version.

I have a cooling stand and it really does work very well. Before in my non air conditioned apartment, the internal fan would come on and blow hard to exhaust the heat which would rise to 47-49 degrees. With a dual fan stand for around 600 bht underneath, I never hear the fan blow hard anymore and the temperature raises to 41-44 degrees on a very hot and sticky day like today

Well worth investing in

JAF