Why are 12 year old kids and younger riding motorcycles?

20 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

In my village,it´s down to 6-7 year olds now! Besides what is obviously wrong with this,there is also another aspect to it,When grown ups teach children,that they don`t need to care about the law,they also teach them disrespect for the law in other situations,for instance when it comes to red light. But,mai pen rai.....

I concur - same in my village, getting younger every time. What irks me more is the obviously proud, smiling parent on the back - 'teaching' them how to stop and go but nothing else.

When I once asked my wife how these parents may feel when a chid dies on a motorbike, she said, seriously - no worries they will cry a bit then just have another baby. A few others have told me the same thing.

5 hours ago, papa al said:

Last season papa's 9-y/o buddy Gun 

won the 65cc class Thai motocross title.

He also finished the season 3rd in 85cc, 12-y/o class.

He can wheelie, hit massive jumps,

all that.

Not too worried when he rides the Wave around.

Then he is no doubt a safe and respectful street rider, regardless of not having a valid license.

Since he's a expert rider I'm sure he also has the judgment and prudence of an adult even at 9 years old.

I feel so much better now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I can see by your username that you people are into motorbikes.

Don't get me wrong I use to train people new to motorcycle riding in UK. 

I share your concern and have tried to offer my help to kids via my wife to know avail.

I would of kept training to a controlled bike awareness.

if I train them in my UK road craft it would probably put them in danger.

I learnt to road ride here again in Thailand myself to get to know what to expect of what are Thai drivers/rider going do regardless of the film they watch at DLT's.

Safety here to me is to know what is not expected as well as what is expected in certain situations. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't get me wrong I use to train people new to motorcycle riding in UK. 

I share your concern and have tried to offer my help to kids via my wife to know avail.

I would of kept training to a controlled bike awareness.

if I train them in my UK road craft it would probably put them in danger.

I learnt to road ride here again in Thailand myself to get to know what to expect of what are Thai drivers/rider going do regardless of the film they watch at DLT's.

Safety here to me is to know what is not expected as weak expected in certain situations. 

How did the word 'people' get into my quote?

NO avail & would HAVE.

And the motorbike is KAWASAKI.

Sorry.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stouricks said:

How did the word 'people' get into my quote?

NO avail & would HAVE.

And the motorbike is KAWASAKI.

Sorry.

Don't be sorry you are obviously not capable of debate. 

• Like 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

Some grammar/spelling police troll posts have been removed.  This is not the forum for grammar/spelling corrections,  posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette. This is an English language forum, that does not mean that only British English is allowed here. 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 12:50 PM, EVENKEEL said:

These kids been riding one way or the other for their entire lives. Many ride up front when young, they got a bird's eye view of all of it.

They get a "birds eye view" of how to ride like a ****.

It's passed on from one generation to the next.

Result is approx 14,600 motorcyclist deaths a year (70% of traffic deaths), the younger generation being the majority:

“But 20,000 road deaths a year (all causes) is still unacceptable, when most victims are aged 15 to 24"

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373606

Play with the numbers a bit if you like.

But why bother......**** 'em all......eh?

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

They get a "birds eye view" of how to ride like a ****.

It's passed on from one generation to the next.

Result is approx 14,600 motorcyclist deaths a year (70% of traffic deaths), the younger generation being the majority:

“But 20,000 road deaths a year (all causes) is still unacceptable, when most victims are aged 15 to 24"

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373606

Play with the numbers a bit if you like.

But why bother......**** 'em all......eh?

Please read title once more. Your victims at age 15 are of legal age. The discussion is about 12 yr old riding.

Being too old to get me leg over a Bike or anything else these day, yesterday i observed the local market, and came to this conclusion. Old Ferang just doesnt like Little Microphone Head riding a Mo Cy thats better than the tatty <deleted> they ride. Jeez never looked before, but theres some Rag Bag ferangs out there. The Kids seem to be more alert n sharp too.

• Haha 1