Record spikes in new coronavirus cases, hospitalizations sweep parts of U.S.

webfact

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

Like Oklahoma although others are far worse.

https://kfor.com/health/coronavirus/osdh-covid-19-hospitalizations-increase-in-oklahoma/

Arizona for example.

I prefer to use, when available, hospitalization figures. That way, the increase in the rate of testing is irrelevant.

It will be most interesting to see the numbers 2-3 weeks after that YUGE rally in Oklahoma. If I were a betting man, I bet the virus numbers will skyrocket. That will be a death knell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, J Town said:

It will be most interesting to see the numbers 2-3 weeks after that YUGE rally in Oklahoma. If I were a betting man, I bet the virus numbers will skyrocket. That will be a death knell.

Well, that also goes for the BLM demonstrations. That said, at least those demonstrations are being held outdoors where infections are less likely to occur.. The Trump rally will be in an enclosed arena. I've read that face masks will be handed out but attendees will not be required to wear them.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/donald-trump-tulsa-oklahoma-rally-saturday/index.html

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

it was proven before that dramatic video footage, was not even from now or from other countries, but everything to keep the panic alive on tv... death & sex sells

What dramatic video? When was it shot? Where was it shot?

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You're right, Trump is inspirational...both for and against.  Trump's base is still largely the same.  But people who normally wouldn't come out will come out and vote against Trump because they don't want another 4 years of corrupt and incompetent leadership.  Just think mid-term 2018.

Think mid-term 2018, when Trump fared FAR better than his two Democrat predecessors. Maybe that's not such a good idea.

4 hours ago, J Town said:

For instance like Oklahoma?

Oklahoma's infection rate is 0.21%

New York's infection rate is 1.99%

Oklahoma's mortality rate is 4.2%.

New York's mortality rate is 7.8%

These stats based on NYT's virus information. I'm sorry, what was your point about Oklahoma?

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

And what's the significance of these numbers to your way of thinking. New York's infection rate is declining.  Oklahoma's is increasing. More significant is that New York's hospitalization rate is declining. Oklahoma's is increasing. You think that until Oklahoma catches up, it should continue what it's doing?

Come to think of it, considering how densely packed New York is, Oklahoma is actually doing pretty poorly.

As you know, the significance of the numbers is that Oklahoma can sustain more infections and deaths and still come out much better than New York- to anyone willing to observe and analyze the data.

As to population density, I agree that liberals in New York do not know how to handle densely populated areas. Heck, did they EVER shut down the virus-spreading subway system? In mid-March, De Blasio was telling people to go hang out in bars!

Nice try, but New York's problems are New York's problems. And they are much worse than Oklahoma's. If you have some numbers to make your case, I'd be happy to review them and offer a rebuttal. If you don't like Oklahoma's numbers, trust me, you're going to HATE Texas' numbers. I'll give you a little preview: Texas has 90+% fewer deaths with a population 50% higher than New York.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, J Town said:

And something most people tend to ignore - the Dems and Reps are essentially equal in numbers and vote strictly by party line. It's the INDEPENDENTS that need to be convinced, need to be excited into getting off their couches and go to the voting booths. Biden is getting a resounding "meh" from Independents, Bernie was the candidate that piqued their interest.

Yeah but if Biden gets a "meh" Trump gets a resounding "NOT HIM AGAIN" and he keeps digging that hole every week....you dont seriously think all those young people in the streets right now are all die hard dems, do you? One thing is for sure....Trump wanted a small voter turnout and that is not going to happen now. There is now a significant amount of people that would not have voted before that are agitated and wanting everything to change....including and especially that guy at the top.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J Town said:

Of course they'll go up. The fact remains blue states like New York and New Jersey numbers are so horrifying, states like Oklahoma and Texas with far, far better numbers will STILL look awesome by comparison. You simply do not have facts and math on your side, nor will you. I can't wait for leftists to try and tell us how bad Oklahoma is. I've got the Google. Bring it on.

15 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Well, that also goes for the BLM demonstrations. That said, at least those demonstrations are being held outdoors where infections are less likely to occur.. The Trump rally will be in an enclosed arena. I've read that face masks will be handed out but attendees will not be required to wear them.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/donald-trump-tulsa-oklahoma-rally-saturday/index.html

Liberals once again are stuck cheering for the virus. Hilarious!

• Sad 1

Radioactive USA, No one should be allowed to travel anywhere from the high numbered

states that are not taking care of the Covid Virus.  If these states cannot take their

outbreaks seriously, Donald needs to build some walls around their borders. I hope Canada

keeps the restrictions on their travel until Winter at the earliest.

There are even some smart asses from the US who are claiming to be travelling

to Alaska just to get into Canada, so they can get a cheap Canadian holiday, I have heard

rumours that the police forces will be dealing with them, Good Riddance!

Geezer

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ve done the math on this already.

You don’t seem to have understood any of it, particularly the bit about population density.

Yes, I've done the math already- and it's devastating for New York. Think the dead people and their families there care about population density? But just for fun, let's review:

% New Yorkers dead from COVID-19: 0.15%.

% Texans dead from COVID-19: 0.0007%

% New Yorkers infected with COVID-19: 2.00%

% Texans infected with COVID-19: 0.32%

New York COVID-19 mortality rate: 7.8%

Texas COVID-19 mortality rate: 2.1%

Now tell me again about the math you've gone over. And feel free to remind me how New York City is so dumb at handling population density, the kept what is perhaps the best way to spread a virus open: the subway.

I'm happy to discuss any of it with you. And trust me, there's no relief for you in Oklahoma's numbers. You're pretty much once again left cheering for the virus. But if you think you can support your allegation that I don't understand any of it, by all means, make your case. I look forward to debating the facts with you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/texas-coronavirus-cases.html

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

Yeah but if Biden gets a "meh" Trump gets a resounding "NOT HIM AGAIN" and he keeps digging that hole every week....you dont seriously think all those young people in the streets right now are all die hard dems, do you? One thing is for sure....Trump wanted a small voter turnout and that is not going to happen now. There is now a significant amount of people that would not have voted before that are agitated and wanting everything to change....including and especially that guy at the top.

I'm not sure why you think a high voter turnout from Democrats is expected. Biden can't even fill a high school auditorium. Trump fills stadiums. The horrible poll numbers on voter enthusiasm for Biden reflect this important difference. Let's get real: Joe Biden is nothing to get excited over. He can't even complete a few sentences without screwing them up. He literally has no accomplishments to speak of after nearly five decades in government. He's a complete buffoon- though was an effective hack for banksters. Yeah, that should get people really excited about him. LOL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I've done the math already- and it's devastating for New York. Think the dead people and their families there care about population density? But just for fun, let's review:

% New Yorkers dead from COVID-19: 0.15%.

% Texans dead from COVID-19: 0.0007%

% New Yorkers infected with COVID-19: 2.00%

% Texans infected with COVID-19: 0.32%

New York COVID-19 mortality rate: 7.8%

Texas COVID-19 mortality rate: 2.1%

Now tell me again about the math you've gone over. And feel free to remind me how New York City is so dumb at handling population density, the kept what is perhaps the best way to spread a virus open: the subway.

I'm happy to discuss any of it with you. And trust me, there's no relief for you in Oklahoma's numbers. You're pretty much once again left cheering for the virus. But if you think you can support your allegation that I don't understand any of it, by all means, make your case. I look forward to debating the facts with you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/texas-coronavirus-cases.html

The ball is still in play:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/09/texas-coronavirus-reopening-surge-infections-hospitalizations/