Thailand will be very choosy about who can visit, insists Anutin

snoop1130

22 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Looking forward to the second wave, once the chins arrive ????

And with all the reports of new outbreaks in China, who would not be happy to see them visit the shores of ANY Country.

A disturbing thing that I read today ( BBC ) was that this new outbreak in Beijing is said to be a different Virus than the one that is circulating the Globe at this present time.

Sars Cov 3 maybe.

I really hope not, for the Planets sake.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

US and UK I'd say. Most of Europe now has a grip on it and are on their way to containment. We'll see how Spain manages opening up, will be interesting with the inflow of tourists.

EDIT: Forgot about Sweden. They are now a pariah even among the nordics. Others are ready to open while they must stay in isolation. Great strategy for the "herd immunity" there.

Yes. Seems like the Sweden has got it right thread has gone deadly quiet

The Minister for Xenophobia & Discrimination seems to be still inching towards an Asians only visiting policy in line with his orders from Beijing. Truly a nasty bit of work this one is and I bet he has an apartment/house in the US or EU that he owns as a place to go if he really needs to. I'd like him to make another huge gaff with that big mouth of his ... love seeing Prayut squirm when he says silly stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

https://www.afr.com/policy/economy/australia-nz-have-world-s-best-covid-health-and-economic-response-20200430-p54ofs

Washington | Australia's "novel" coronavirus pandemic response is being hailed as one of the world's best for both containing the virus and preserving the nation's economic fabric without throwing millions of workers into potentially permanent unemployment.

A preliminary study of leading advanced economies by the highly-regarded Brookings Institution in Washington said Australia, New Zealand, Denmark and Germany have been "the most successful".

Bloody hell don't you start throwing facts about you'll start upsetting people!!!

Asylum patient at the wheel. Chinese and Koreans have the <deleted> impact on economy  When has this gangster gov ever cared what Thai people want. And what would they know anyway ????????  But China is riddled with cases. Suppressed by the CCP. I certainly dont have COVID along with hundreds of thousands of other FARANGS real economy drivers. Those Asians are useless for the Thai economy. Somebody fire this racist Thai. COVID tests are available. Thailand don't you know China will be at war soon..Travel where you old fool.

Edited by tomauasia

Welcome to Thailand,

if you are from a certain country, and we expect you to be rich and spend a lot of money, but wait you have to get some medical treatment first then you are welcome. Oh I forgot you need some medical certificates before you enter the plane, but we don't tell you where you can get it. And insurance is necessary but maybe we don't accept your insurance, except you have a notarized translation of your insurance policy to Thai.

So, welcome to Thailand.

23 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i love anutin; he represents what we all should know living here; leaders, radically unqualified, not intelligent, whenever they talk, it is <deleted>; appointed due to political party buy offs; this place will never advance

He is a embarrassment in any man's language.

Edited by tomauasia

3 hours ago, Dap said:

I see a lot of numbers that mean nothing without pollster credibility 

So, which part of "the vast majority of Thai people would prefer not to allow foreigners in during Covid19" do you figure lacks credibility?

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, which part of "the vast majority of Thai people would prefer not to allow foreigners in during Covid19" do you figure lacks credibility?

About 1000 Thai's at my work and they all look at me in disgust if iam not wearing a mask... I expect they all think Iam stinky too !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berti said:

Welcome to Thailand,

if you are from a certain country, and we expect you to be rich and spend a lot of money, but wait you have to get some medical treatment first then you are welcome. Oh I forgot you need some medical certificates before you enter the plane, but we don't tell you where you can get it. And insurance is necessary but maybe we don't accept your insurance, except you have a notarized translation of your insurance policy to Thai.

So, welcome to Thailand.

It not need to be in Thai. That's not true

Edited by tomauasia

On 6/15/2020 at 7:40 PM, Lacessit said:

George Orwell would be proud of the doublethink. The virus originated in China, the CCP is probably fudging numbers, and he's going to be choosy in welcoming them back?

Are fudging no pobably.

11 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

It not need to be in Thai. That's not true

It was only some sarcasm.

I don't think they can be so choosy if they want tourists back. They have to make it easy, then they will return.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, reallyaffiliated said:

Sh*t he literally said welcome "Nationalities". There goes my plan for maybe going to Korea then going into quarantine and then going to Thailand. Seems like they will be just looking at your nationality...

Yes rhey are sick mentally

On 6/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, baansgr said:

Only last year, Pattaya merchants, bar owners etc were begging for more Western tourists as the Chinese and Indians didn't spend the same....He may find Thais are not in agreement with his views

They will never ask

On 6/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, connda said:

Leave it to a billionaire to restrict travel into the country and continue to depress tourism related sectors of the economy.
Anutin like his BBFs in the other leadership positions are all independently wealthy and as such probably could give a rip if that segment of the economy ever recovers.  To these guys it's all control.  Having the wealth to be above the poor, groveling hoards while keeping a knee on their necks economically. 

"We're saving you!!!"

No you're not.  :dry:

Coupsters... Happiness to the People ????????????????????????????????????

6 hours ago, Patts said:

The name of the company "Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL" confirms why he sucks up to China and the CCP:

Sino meaning: Chinese

Thanks for that, I'm sure none of us knew.......

• Like 1

The cheapest, chintziest, stingiest and most obnoxious are the tourists of choice. None of those free-spending Caucasians that don't take enough showers. Gotta protect the Kingdom against too much filthy lucre flowing into the Land of Smiley.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, anon7854 said:

I am pretty sure there are other locations in the world that would be just as if not better than thailand that would love on capitalizing on the tourists that can't go to their usual locations.

No worries. It's never the host making the rules in the tourism world , it's always the tourist.

By the way , I was eyeing costa rica for the end of the year  will let Thailand look at their pretty bubbles and asian fraternity rings. I am pretty sure nobody would come , nobody is stupid enough to go for a vacation to be constantly monitored , and be selected from a number of ... to have a chance to go. That is not how tourism works.

I have a feeling some Thai authorities really think their country is a gift for the plebs and you should be thankful you are allowed in. 

You forgot to add that Costa Rica has no military and thus no pesky generals making political policy.  

• Like 1

As a foreigner we all know that you will always be a guest in Thailand irrespective of how long you've lived here. There will always be someone such as Khun Anutin with xenophobia & Thai society has it's fair share of these people. Foreigner's plight here has always been at the whim of government like it or not & you should have thought it through before making your decision. The risks of living here have always been known & well documented. If you are not "thick skinned" then this is certainly not the place for you ..... fact. No one will champion your cause here & unless you can "suck it up", get on with your own life & enjoy every minute of it then life can get pretty stressful for you here. It's a beautiful, wonderful country to live in & if you do not fall foul of the law, immigration or do anything really stupid life can certainly be a beach here .................... I can hardly wait for the sun to rise again tomorrow & live another fun filled day here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Traubert said:

Yeah, last count 106 new cases, in Beijing, a city of 21,5m.

Those numbers are an obvious lie, I've been reading the news and there's all sorts of stuff emerging from Beijing tonight.

Footage shared by activist Jennifer Zeng shows people lining up to pack onto buses as officials in hazmat suits shout orders through megaphones. Seven hotels were requisitioned as quarantine sites with people rounded up in an all-day operation after another outbreak in the city, she claims.

Source : https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11873351/beijing-coronavirus-second-wave-quarantine-video/

Also see : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/beijing-coronavirus-outbreak-travel-restricted-china-severe-measures

That's not what you do for 100 cases, that's what you do when you realise there's 1000's of cases walking around multiplying every day.

• Thanks 1