Nong Nooch

keithsimmonds

59 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Fully Disagree. Principles are totally different from money and it should be free the the Pattaya Expats who prove they are local. Sometimes it is nice getting the same break as a Thai person will.

Pineapple01. I am not in Pattaya but in CM. I don't think the majority on TV are scrapping by and searching for aluminum cans to recycle for chump change. It is plainly that they said it and now are reneging on honoring it from what the OP said. Sort of like a flat out fib or an Indian giver..

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Pineapple01. I am not in Pattaya but in CM. I don't hink the majority on TV are scrapping by and searching for aluminum cans to recycle for chump change. It is plainly that they said it and now are reneging on honoring it from what the OP said. Sort of like a flat out fib or an Indian giver..

Some are some are not.

56 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I don,t know about that.

Yep Marine is closed to Thais and foreigners, i got a Thai friend to call and ask if the course was open (no mention of foreigner) and they said still closed, need to keep phoning to see when it opens

50 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Went to the Tat office today in Pattaya and spoke with a Thai gentlemen who spoke good English. I showed him the Ad,which he said he had no knowledge of,he then made 3 phone calls to Nong Nooch and spoke to someone from there management team in English reading out the Ad word for word,they listened to what he had to say then the management fella (i presume fella) spoke to my wife in Thai and said the price of 350baht should normally be 500 baht and the advert was nothing to do with them......end of. :wacko:

I did bring up the Pattaya 50% discount Green fee Golf ad with him,(Tat Official)and he said he had had many complaints.

Personally despite spending over an hour there i don,t think much will change, if anything..... maybe all there ads will be honest from now on and say "Thai,s Only"

Doesn't make sense when even the zoo's are saying free as long as you check in using the app.

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

maybe all there ads will be honest from now on and say "Thai,s Only"

You have 2 words in that sentance that should never be used together.

Edited by jacko45k

20 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Nice one Thanks, Will have it translated to Thai and take with on Saurday

Can you report back please, if its a scam or not. Most of us have a Thai drivers licence which should be more than enough. 

35 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Remember when we were Teens, Palls hiding in the Old Boat Anchors Trunk , climbing fences to get into Concerts free, try that next time you want to see that fantastic  Car Collection that justifies double the pittance they asking for.

See better car collections on u tube. 

Nong Nooch , one more off the list.

well done Thailand. 

17 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Went to the Tat office today in Pattaya and spoke with a Thai gentlemen who spoke good English. I showed him the Ad,which he said he had no knowledge of,he then made 3 phone calls to Nong Nooch and spoke to someone from there management team in English reading out the Ad word for word,they listened to what he had to say then the management fella (i presume fella) spoke to my wife in Thai and said the price of 350baht should normally be 500 baht and the advert was nothing to do with them......end of. :wacko:

I did bring up the Pattaya 50% discount Green fee Golf ad with him,(Tat Official)and he said he had had many complaints.

Personally despite spending over an hour there i don,t think much will change, if anything..... maybe all there ads will be honest from now on and say "Thai,s Only"

Some nationalities are more value conscious than others (cheap) and have to find fault. This I assume is due to a false sense of superiority. All this because he didn't want to pay and wanted everyone to know. At least you are very generous with your time. Maybe a good time to go home and get good value.

For me I avoid touristy places because of the tourist. Whether 350, 500 or 1000 baht, I can pay if I want to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Some nationalities are more value conscious than others (cheap) and have to find fault. This I assume is due to a false sense of superiority. All this because he didn't want to pay and wanted everyone to know. At least you are very generous with your time. Maybe a good time to go home and get good value.

For me I avoid touristy places because of the tourist. Whether 350, 500 or 1000 baht, I can pay if I want to go.

How many more times? It is not about the money....it,s the principle. I spent more money feeding Bananas to the 16 Elephants than i did on the entrance Fee  4 fs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

How many more times? It is not about the money....it,s the principle. I spent more money feeding Bananas to the 16 Elephants than i did on the entrance Fee  4 fs.

Good, I read you wrong. My apologies. I avoid Pattaya because it so tourist orientated. I also avoided Honolulu for the same reasons. Too many hustlers. 

On 6/16/2020 at 5:41 PM, keithsimmonds said:

How strange is it that the management fella at NN said that the advert had nothing to do with them & that was accepted by the TAT office?

I've seen that ad POP UP on this forum.

Has someone else paid for ads on NN's behave & then forgot to tell them?

19 hours ago, AtlasAus said:

As other have said it's the principle. 

And the fact you have driven 20-30km with the kids in tow to be denied the entry you were expecting at the gate. It would be hard to stand on principle with a disappointed family crying behind you.... but you have been cheated of course.

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

How strange is it that the management fella at NN said that the advert had nothing to do with them & that was accepted by the TAT office?

I've seen that ad POP UP on this forum.

Has someone else paid for ads on NN's behave & then forgot to tell them?

TV needs to respond to who placed the add or not. If it were a TV error they need to clarify, if not NN needs to be called out.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And the fact you have driven 20-30km with the kids in tow to be denied the entry you were expecting at the gate. It would be hard to stand on principle with a disappointed family crying behind you.... but you have been cheated of course.

In these types of situations I am not about to disappoint the family.  I go and I sit in the car and let them enjoy "their " country.  They didn't choose to live in such a xenophobic country, that was an unlucky accident of birth   

• Like 1

Mrs. G saw the op, and thought "Oh good, I'll go with our Russian neighbour and her daughter (10), the kid needs a treat!" 

We love less than 5km from NN.

They were set tp go yesterday, but it rained all day. They went into town instead.

This morning, off they went. Mrs G just phoned me to say they would not give free admission. She was armed with pink card, licences, you name it. So, 350 baht per adult, and 175 for the kid. 

Naturally they could not just turn away, because of the kid, poor soul had been up all night with excitement!

Only now have I turned back to the OP and subsequent comments.

Someones' head should roll, and a public retraction and apology be published. How many have been suckered into visiting this tourist trap. (I have been many times over the years - so many that if I have overseas visitors, I take them and dump them at the gate! Nice as it may be, there is only so much Thai culture one can take.

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

I went on the 6th June and PAID NOTHING......it is FREE ENTRY until THE end of JUNE......IF ONE HAS A CHONBURI ADDRESS (which I have)........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how did you achieve it? Is it a Chonburi city address, or a Chonburi Province address? It seems strange no-one else has posted a success story.

3 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

In these types of situations I am not about to disappoint the family.  I go and I sit in the car and let them enjoy "their " country.  They didn't choose to live in such a xenophobic country, that was an unlucky accident of birth   

It's a very large venue these days so quite a wait is likely, and you may well have to let your wallet go too......

• Like 2