Any news about visa after july 31??

I believe all free "covid-19" visas will be ending on July 31, so what will happen after? Do you think Thai government will waive another month of free visa?

And what will be the punishment if i & family, decided NOT to extend our tourist visa after 31 july but keep living in the kingdom until late September 2020? I've had past experiences with overstay visas and airport immigration officers just let me off the hook couple times in the past without charging me 500 baht per day (i think the most overstay was 5 days). We refuse to visit Chaeng Wattana, and queue several hours among thousand of foreigners and risk getting infected in the process of getting 30-day tourist visa extension. Also, we are like hundred km away from Bangkok and will travel down to Bangkok only when we have our airplane ready for departure.

thanks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you qualify for an extension you can apply for it at any immigration office. There are about 80 of them in all parts of the country.

At this time it is unknown if the amnesty will end on July 31st. If the borders are not open they may extend it again.

Thanks. but hypothetically speaking, what is the maximum penalty for overstay visa that i need to pay at the airport before getting stamp out? I've heard the penalty is capped at certain amount of $$$

I'm not sure if i'm qualified for another visa extension as i had stupidly used up my tourist visa extension on April, i think it was a week before government announced the first amnesty of free visa, then later they extended it all the way till 31 July. Had i waited until the last day of my tourist visa expiration, i wouldnt have had to spent 1900 baht for extension and i would have still be eligible for an extension.

Also, i'm not exactly sure when the airport of my country will start to open and welcome International flight. So 30-day extension after July 31 is not exactly long-term choice for me.

2 hours ago, arfandy said:

Thanks. but hypothetically speaking, what is the maximum penalty for overstay visa that i need to pay at the airport before getting stamp out? I've heard the penalty is capped at certain amount of $$$

The maximum fine is 20,000 baht (40 days at 500 baht per day) per adult. For children under the age of 15 there is no fine.

I'm not sure if i'm qualified for another visa extension as i had stupidly used up my tourist visa extension on April,

If the amnesty is not extended and you need to stay longer they would do a special 30 day extension if you have a letter from your embassy requesting it.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

@arfandy - I would strongly advise you to click on the link below and learn, mark and inwardly digest its contents as a matter of urgency. The bottom line is that, if the amnesty period is not extended but you still decide to stay in Thailand until the end of September, you and your family could then face 5-year bans from re-entering Thailand:- 

https://www.tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/

I should perhaps have made it clear that, although this link provides accurate and comprehensive information in a readily understandable manner, it is from an unofficial site. For the official Immigration Bureau announcement issued in January 2016 click on the following link (and then the Eng icon in the top right-hand corner if it appears in Thai):-

https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=589af08a3071e02b9c9be114

12 minutes ago, DanangBanaHills57 said:

How do you explain this then.

Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

He was on an overstay before March 26th. That is the day a person had to be in the country legally to be under the amnesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you qualify for an extension you can apply for it at any immigration office. There are about 80 of them in all parts of the country.

At this time it is unknown if the amnesty will end on July 31st. If the borders are not open they may extend it again.

If the borders are not open they may extend it again......And What If They DON'T Joe ??

4 hours ago, darrendsd said:

OP you have a very foolish attitude towards overstay

Being caught on a overstay could cost you prison time deportation and a ban from the country

Just because you don't like or agree with something doesn't mean you don't have to do it

And you knew all this from..experience? Or google? 

Like i explained earlier, i've been an occasional overstayers since before Thaksin was ousted. Sure the website stated such rule but when i submitted my passports before boarding, those immigration officers were kind enough to "let it go" before requesting me to pay 500 baht per day. That was before Covid and yes, i never overstayed for more than a week. 

So do you really believe that during and after Covid pandemi, foreign overstayers will be subject to harsh punishment? I take it that you are not in Thailand and never once you overstay your visa. 

There is ofc, like joe said i could apply for "another" extension 30-day with proper letter of consent from embassy. But which embassy do you ever see that willingly issue such document?? Absolutely not my embassy even if i were to kneel down for days. That left me with one choice, i'll just have to rely on Thai kindness and luck before boarding the plane. 

I hope you would never overstay your visa whilst stay, otherwise i cant fathom the agony and unrest you feel every single day prior to your overstay visa.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

If the borders are not open they may extend it again......And What If They DON'T Joe ??

They would have to work out a way for people to extend their stay such as the special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

I am sure if the borders are closed and their are only a limited number of flights out the country they will extend the amnesty.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would have to work out a way for people to extend their stay such as the special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

I am sure if the borders are closed and their are only a limited number of flights out the country they will extend the amnesty.

Getting letter from embassy is always a Mission Impossible. If anything noteworthy, overstayers should not be burdened with embassy document because that is only part that makes it all futile and impossible to extend visa. I'd rather ask for local police document or covid-test paper than visiting embassy only to be told a simple NO, CANT ISSUE.

3 hours ago, DanangBanaHills57 said:

How do you explain this then.

Prachuap: German retiree caught on 2,528 day overstay

He was in Thailand and on overstay before the Amnesty was in affect. After being caught he will pay a fine , be deported and be banned from Thailand for  10 years  once the airports are open .

• Like 1

And you knew all this from..experience? Or google? 

Like i explained earlier, i've been an occasional overstayers since before Thaksin was ousted. Sure the website stated such rule but when i submitted my passports before boarding, those immigration officers were kind enough to "let it go" before requesting me to pay 500 baht per day. That was before Covid and yes, i never overstayed for more than a week. 

So do you really believe that during and after Covid pandemi, foreign overstayers will be subject to harsh punishment? I take it that you are not in Thailand and never once you overstay your visa. 

There is ofc, like joe said i could apply for "another" extension 30-day with proper letter of consent from embassy. But which embassy do you ever see that willingly issue such document?? Absolutely not my embassy even if i were to kneel down for days. That left me with one choice, i'll just have to rely on Thai kindness and luck before boarding the plane. 

I hope you would never overstay your visa whilst stay, otherwise i cant fathom the agony and unrest you feel every single day prior to your overstay visa.

There is a VERY big difference between presenting yourself at the Airport and being CAUGHT on a overstay

Anyway people like you just can't be helped no matter how much advice you are given and how much evidence you are shown so good luck

PS I don't overstay my Visa so I have no need to worry

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darrendsd said:

OP you have a very foolish attitude towards overstay

Being caught on a overstay could cost you prison time deportation and a ban from the country

Just because you don't like or agree with something doesn't mean you don't have to do it

unless you can find some way round it.????

20 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

There is a VERY big difference between presenting yourself at the Airport and being CAUGHT on a overstay

Anyway people like you just can't be helped no matter how much advice you are given and how much evidence you are shown so good luck

I was once accused of being on a 25 day overstay when I did my 90 day report. After standing up and pointing at him with a few choice words, he got his boss, and he sorted it out, and no, no apology.

49 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

There is a very big difference between giving advice and insulting someone when you cant exactly provide the answer to what was being asked (because like you bragged "you never overstay" hence you have no real life knowledge but google-answer).. You need learn the difference.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

A whole 100km away. Wow, how could anyone even think about taking on that painstaking journey. How did you end up here?

As for ''and queue several hours among thousand of foreigners and risk getting infected in the process''  oh please give it a rest with the drama, covid 19 no longer exists in the population here, it's gone pal. You can't hide behind your sofa forever. Man up.

When was the last time your trip to chaeng wattana? Give it a try. It was beautiful there to spend several hours since morning till ..well, give it a try instead of assuming i was sitting comfy on sofa. And kindly read before writing your insult. I wrote i had USED UP my tourist visa extension, a week before free visa amnesty was implemented. That was... (I'm sure you know the date of first visa amnesty because you seem very educated)

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I think you have quit a big ego the way your reacting to some commenters , it looks to me like you don't care about the rules and conseqeunces so i don't umderstand your whole point and your whole qeustion . I think you should just do what you feel is good for you and your ego and don't ask people for any help or advice if you are going to do what you want in the first place anyway . A bit of a useless confersation . Do what you want and suffer the conseqeunces by yourself but if you are in detention centre don't ask anybody on here for help or advice because my geuss is , you won't get any ????????.

I did care, hence i asked. And i had clearly stated that i had used up my visa extension a week before visa amnesty was implemented. 

Some commenters did never read and immediately hit reply for a chance of insulting without providing an answer to the question being asked for. uBonjoe did provide the answer and it was good, some were not exactly helping but pinpoint the OLD NORMAL things. 

I asked about THE NEW NORMAL visa after covid-19 hit us hard. 

20 minutes ago, arfandy said:

There is a very big difference between giving advice and insulting someone when you cant exactly provide the answer to what was being asked (because like you bragged "you never overstay" hence you have no real life knowledge but google-answer).. You need learn the difference.

I bet you wished now you never started this fred now, you seem very flustered lol.

And why the drama about being infected? Covid has gone, man up and come out from behind your sofa.

Edited by Keyser Soze666