ThaiChana app to soon facilitate group check-in

snoop1130

ThaiChana app to soon facilitate group check-in

By The Nation

800_4e76c406b0f2b49.png

More than 27 million people have signed up for the ThaiChana platform, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society said while assuring users that their personal information would be protected.

Of the 27,595,753 ThaiChana users at present, 27,261,834 are web-based and 333,919 have the application. Thai people have checked in to the platform more than 100 million times, the ministry said.

"The platform was developed by the Thai government after taking into account public safety and there would be no violation of privacy," the ministry's inspector-general, Dr Polawat Witoolkollachit, said on Wednesday (June 17).

He revealed further that in the near future there will be a group check-in option in the application for families by which one app user can instantly check-in and check-out four people at a time. The updated version would be released in the next few days, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389779

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-17

• Haha 2

Anyone who thinks this app is designed to detect cases is patently stupid. All it is doing is logging where a person is, on what date and at what time. Should a hospital diagnose a new infection they check where the patient has been and then contact all who were logged in at the same time and place and recommend these people go for tests to determine if they are now positive. Clear and simple.

The problem is that whoever specified the system created a bad brief & used an incompetent person to execute it. The system is clunky, requires too many actions from the user and is easy to get wrong. So no one is using it. And the government communications to encourage use have been woefully inadequate and have failed to motivate a compliant population.

Countries like France & the UK have also introduced pitiful systems, so Track and Trace which is essential to the successful restarting of economies will fail spectacularly and the second wave will be even more damaging.

2 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

how many just walk pass by those apps or manual checkins...

I see many and I follow them...

lol

Yeah the novelty of signing in as Batman has worn off so now I don't bother and just on walkin'.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, snoop1130 said:

He revealed further that in the near future there will be a group check-in option in the application for families by which one app user can instantly check-in and check-out four people at a time. The updated version would be released in the next few days, he said.

I was thinking , in the near future you won't need this app.

25 minutes ago, n00dle said:

First it, is not an app. It is a website.

Second. I have never seen a soul actially using it.

Upgrades are good though I suppose.

Yes there is an App.........its English and Thai.

MorChana is the App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thaialert.app&hl=en

Very simple to use.  Only trouble is it needs to remember English as the setting.  Close the App and then Open again and it defaults to Thai.   Language needs to be a default setting to choose.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, Don Mega said:

Yeah the novelty of signing in as Batman has worn off so now I don't bother and just on walkin'.

I signed in 2 days ago at lotus as Max Headroom , it would seem that I still wander the aisles as didn't bother to sign out. Much the same at 7- eleven , signed in a Reg Soles and am still in there.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, snoop1130 said:

More than 27 million people have signed up for the ThaiChana platform, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society said while assuring users that their personal information would be protected.

God they must be dumb!

10 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Yes there is an App.........its English and Thai.

MorChana is the App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thaialert.app&hl=en

Very simple to use.  Only trouble is it needs to remember English as the setting.  Close the App and then Open again and it defaults to Thai.   Language needs to be a default setting to choose.

Ah, my bad, nevertheless, I wont be downloading a tracking app and beyond one entry to my nearest 7 11 when this contact tracing initiative was announced I have not been asked to provide information anywhere in analog or digital form.

I see the  barcode, I see the sign up sheet, except nobody appears to be using either. 

I suppose it must be asked, why is everyone calling it the thai canna app when that is not its name.

Seems a rather poor exercise in branding to me.

Edited by n00dle