Australia sees China as main suspect in state-based cyberattacks, sources say

snoop1130

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yes much better for you to believe China's foreign ministry that denies the cyber attacks, no propaganda there at all

But I am not paranoid. Who said I believe what China has said.

I do not believe anything that China or USA say. Peas in a pod to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

China made a statement to the effect that it is the US doing the cyber attacks , then again they also said, initially,  that the Covid 19  outbreak was caused by a US soldier walking the streets of Wuhan, so I guess you could believe em, if you wanted to. ????????????

• Like 1

What is actually the most interesting sentence in the Australian reports is the one that says that the counter-measures taken by the Oz government are not only defensive.

2 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Ok, some homework, done:

My team runs a nice amount of servers all around the globe. For some time now they are massively under a concerted brute force attack to gain access via ssh. Despite that we made it not so obvious that the service is running, so script kiddies will not find it, you must have more knowledge.

At first it was about 50% coming from Chinese IP addresses and the others mainly from servers which you can rent cheaply, such as from Digital Ocean.

Many of these servers seem to have been stopped by the abuse departments of the server hosters. With the result that now it is about 75% coming from Chinese IPs, registered to a variety of Chinese ISPs.

As you might know, it is not so easy to get Chinese IP addresses if you’re not Chinese or in China. 

So if Australia sees the same, I have no doubt that it is true. Massive Chinese brute force cyberattacks on any server out there on the Internet. Confirmed.

Do I get a silver star now for the homework, or better a nice little Winnie the Pooh?

I am too lazy to go back through the research but the US had a method of disguising their attacks, had a special name so in your field you should know.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Ok, some homework, done:

My team runs a nice amount of servers all around the globe. For some time now they are massively under a concerted brute force attack to gain access via ssh. Despite that we made it not so obvious that the service is running, so script kiddies will not find it, you must have more knowledge.

At first it was about 50% coming from Chinese IP addresses and the others mainly from servers which you can rent cheaply, such as from Digital Ocean.

Many of these servers seem to have been stopped by the abuse departments of the server hosters. With the result that now it is about 75% coming from Chinese IPs, registered to a variety of Chinese ISPs.

As you might know, it is not so easy to get Chinese IP addresses if you’re not Chinese or in China. 

So if Australia sees the same, I have no doubt that it is true. Massive Chinese brute force cyberattacks on any server out there on the Internet. Confirmed. (SILVER STAR) - u have to use your imagination though.

Do I get a silver star now for the homework, or better a nice little Winnie the Pooh?

Yeah you get a silver star for your honest assessment as a professional.

• Like 1