what percent of obesity cases are the result of lifestyle choices?

What you dont seem to understand is that people get that way by what they eat. The food industry put <deleted> in the food that makes you more hungry and triggers your brain like a narcotic. Is it peoples fault they get poisoned by a food industry that is more interested in profit than peoples health? Is it peoples fault that they are misled by the government in what is ACTUALY HEALTHY food?

Anyone who tries to go on a natural diet with greens, meat and lots of fat will find that their health improves and they loose weight! Almost guaranteed!  But there is so much bad information out there or outright misinformation about diets like Atkinson or the Keto diet. Anyone struggling with overweight and health issues should really try it. Fat is not dangerous as long as its natural! It's a  great source of nutrition! Carbohydrates and refined sugar in particular however....VERY bad for you.

So no, i dont think its right to blame people for being fat. I blame the <deleted> who make poison they sell as food.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

If these photos are not souped up in some way, that body is as ugly as any of the fat bellied, big boobies brigade, very unsightly, look at the veins sticking out.

Someone recent remarked to me that I was very lean for my age, and I have nowhere near big muscles, muscle weighs more than fat, I am 6ft tall and my weight right now is only 75.30 Ks.

The photo on the left is true, the right touched up. And veins showing means you work out or work hard, and are lean, and nothing to do with ugly. You have nowhere near big muscles because you haven't trained for it, and being muscular is a lot more attractive then having a beer gut, soft, and unhealthy. You don't have to have big muscles to be attractive, but being in shape, yes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The photo on the left is true, the right touched up. And veins showing means you work out or work hard, and are lean, and nothing to do with ugly. You have nowhere near big muscles because you haven't trained for it, and being muscular is a lot more attractive then having a beer gut, soft, and unhealthy. You don't have to have big muscles to be attractive, but being in shape, yes.

I certainly don't have big muscles, and although I do not have a flat pack stomach, I certainly am in shape. Put me up with an overmuscled guy of similar age against women up to about 20 years my junior and I would bet that I would be a lot more successful in pulling them.

Put it another way, put a young Elvis up against a young Tarzan, ie Johnny Weismuller, who would the girls mostly go for?

31 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I certainly don't have big muscles, and although I do not have a flat pack stomach, I certainly am in shape. Put me up with an overmuscled guy of similar age against women up to about 20 years my junior and I would bet that I would be a lot more successful in pulling them.

Put it another way, put a young Elvis up against a young Tarzan, ie Johnny Weismuller, who would the girls mostly go for?

If they didn't see Elvis sing, Tarzan. A lot of women are attracted to the Rock, and he's ridiculous, and that's coming from someone who's worked out like a bodybuilder for 45 years. Too much is too much. Most women are intimidated by too much muscle, even if they are attracted to it, and won't go with that, unless they get to know them, and see they aren't just an "egotist muscle man". The look is the first attraction to women, especially the eyes, butt and abs. Some are attracted to fat men, especially those with low self esteem that don't think they're pretty, even though they are. Can't read their minds on what they want, they're all different, and even if you read a lot about women like I have, you'll still never fully understand them.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If they didn't see Elvis sing, Tarzan. A lot of women are attracted to the Rock, and he's ridiculous, and that's coming from someone who's worked out like a bodybuilder for 45 years. Too much is too much. The look is the first attraction to women, especially the eyes, butt and abs. Some are attracted to fat men, especially those with low self esteem that don't think they're pretty, even though they are. Can't read their minds on what they want, they're all different, and even if you read a lot about women like I have, you'll still never fully understand them.

Forget about Elvis singing, I am only talking about looks, you actually think girls would choose Johnny Weismuller over Elvis?? I suppose they would if they had problems with their eyesight, I don't think you would ever get a women who is attracted to a fat guy unless she was fat herself, or for financial reasons.

When I was in my late teens up to about my forties, I could attract women like flies to a sh!t, but it was in looks alone, I can't say I had much else apart from playing in a band.

• Like 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

Forget about Elvis singing, I am only talking about looks, you actually think girls would choose Johnny Weismuller over Elvis?? I suppose they would if they had problems with their eyesight, I don't think you would ever get a women who is attracted to a fat guy unless she was fat herself, or for financial reasons.

When I was in my late teens up to about my forties, I could attract women like flies to a sh!t, but it was in looks alone, I can't say I had much else apart from playing in a band.

If they meet them out on the street and not see them singing or on tv, they go by what I've said, eyes, butt and abs, although they won't see abs unless they're at the beach. I've seen many good looking women with men who are fat, not including Thailand, but you never know why if you don't know them. It's not all about money. Some women fall for a guy if they get to know him if he's a decent sort, even if he's a little portly.

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If they meet them out on the street and not see them singing or on tv, they go by what I've said, eyes, butt and abs, although they won't see abs unless they're at the beach. I've seen many good looking women with men who are fat, not including Thailand, but you never know why if you don't know them. It's not all about money. Some women fall for a guy if they get to know him if he's a decent sort, even if he's a little portly.

I'm enjoying this debate. What about the whole face, that was my strong point, not just the eyes. Big difference from being a little portly and being obese though, I will never understand why guys let themselves get like that, I felt like I was getting a little fat round the belly when I was a school teacher, and did not get enough exercise, I was about 84Ks then to my 75 now as I cycle a good few Ks every day and even some weekends.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I'm enjoying this debate. What about the whole face, that was my strong point, not just the eyes. Big difference from being a little portly and being obese though, I will never understand why guys let themselves get like that, I felt like I was getting a little fat round the belly when I was a school teacher, and did not get enough exercise, I was about 84Ks then to my 75 now as I cycle a good few Ks every day and even some weekends.

First, according to women I've talked to, and from what I've heard, it's the eyes, especially if they're close by. When you walk away, they look at the butt, and I've noticed that a lot. Anyone can have abs if they're lean enough. Everyone HAS abs. Some are hidden by fat. I've noticed even my ex wife checking out Matthew McConaughey  every time he was on tv, and he's just an average looking man, but he has a deep voice she liked. Just like Christian Bale. Both actors looked okay until they lost extreme weight for roles, Bale in the Fighter and The Machinist and McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club. She saw what they could be and changed her thoughts a little. I've never done much cardio besides when I trained in Taekwondo, always relying on building muscle and eating lean, but now in my 60's, I have to stay away from too much rice (hard here) in order to see my abs.

• Like 1

Woman like different things some like muscular some don't like it and some even like fat. Though in my experience a lot like muscle. But that is maybe because those are the ones that approach me and say to. 

Seems logical to me that those who like your body-type are the ones that will come to you. So our opinion is always a bit bias. I had plenty of girls come to me on tinder loving the way i looked. Same like i went for the girls on tinder who had workout pics and so on. 

So it just confirms our bias as those who don't like us will probably not contact us. 

7 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

What you dont seem to understand is that people get that way by what they eat. The food industry put <deleted> in the food that makes you more hungry and triggers your brain like a narcotic. Is it peoples fault they get poisoned by a food industry that is more interested in profit than peoples health? Is it peoples fault that they are misled by the government in what is ACTUALY HEALTHY food?

Anyone who tries to go on a natural diet with greens, meat and lots of fat will find that their health improves and they loose weight! Almost guaranteed!  But there is so much bad information out there or outright misinformation about diets like Atkinson or the Keto diet. Anyone struggling with overweight and health issues should really try it. Fat is not dangerous as long as its natural! It's a  great source of nutrition! Carbohydrates and refined sugar in particular however....VERY bad for you.

So no, i dont think its right to blame people for being fat. I blame the <deleted> who make poison they sell as food.

Refined sugar is bad, processed carbs are bad. Normal carbs are not bad and actually good. But it all depends in what amount. 

Just go for unprocessed foods and like you said you will lose weight.

But I don't blame the food industry its the people who eat it. I also don't see it as a problem its a persons right to be fat if they like that. 

I dont mind fat people as long as they don't moan about it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

If they didn't see Elvis sing, Tarzan. A lot of women are attracted to the Rock, and he's ridiculous, and that's coming from someone who's worked out like a bodybuilder for 45 years. Too much is too much. Most women are intimidated by too much muscle, even if they are attracted to it, and won't go with that, unless they get to know them, and see they aren't just an "egotist muscle man". The look is the first attraction to women, especially the eyes, butt and abs. Some are attracted to fat men, especially those with low self esteem that don't think they're pretty, even though they are. Can't read their minds on what they want, they're all different, and even if you read a lot about women like I have, you'll still never fully understand them.

I don't think so.

You could put the old 42 year old Elvis next to the young Johnny Weismueller, and most women would opt for Elvis.

Unlike some of the guys on here who seem to believe that physique is a major issue in attraction, that is not the case for many women. Many men who are nowhere near in best physical shape would outpull the muscle men with great ease.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Logosone said:

I don't think so.

You could put the old 42 year old Elvis next to the young Johnny Weismueller, and most women would opt for Elvis.

Unlike some of the guys on here who seem to believe that physique is a major issue in attraction, that is not the case for many women. Many men who are nowhere near in best physical shape would outpull the muscle men with great ease.

Different strokes for different folks. Women ,like men, have preferences. Some like huge men, but more are attracted to muscular men, lean and not too big. A lot like the swimmers physique. Women like muscle men because they think they'll protect them. Some women like feminine men because they think aren't a threat. It isn't much about what kind of men would do better, as much as it's the woman's decision on what attracts them first. If tou look at just the American population, where up to 65% are obese, and more are just average. carrying extra fat but not too much, you can see that it's a majority of women that feel intimidated by muscular men, and the same goes for men. Some think they have no chance with gorgeous, well built women because they think they want muscle men too. Not always the case. I've seen many mismatches, as far as looks are concerned, and they seemed happy with each other. You never know what goes on in anyone home or for sure, anyone's mind and what they think. As far as Elvis was concerned, he had it made because he was an innovator. Good looking yes, but not any different than any other good looking man. Just out in the public eye much more. My own daughter always commented on movie stars when she was young, and I explained to her that there are boys in her own class that are as good looking or more than the ones she sees on tv, but being on tv makes them special in a young girls eyes. Now that she's older, she understands what I meant. She has dated boys that match the ones she swooned over on tv. The same thing for my ex wife. I was better built than 99% of any actors she's ever seen, much like Rambo in Rambo 2 and 3 butt without the drug use, and she had me, but still looked at tv stars as special. A lot think Tom Cruise is gorgeous. He's not. he looked ok early on, but was never a looker like Cary Grant or Paul Newman, just to name two.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I don't think so.

There is more to beauty then just muscles or fat. I mean if you got a face that people don't get tired of punching then it does not matter if your fat or muscular.

Also it really depends on the woman. Just like men like different things woman like different things. Though in my opinion not many like really fat guys or super muscular guys. But compare a fat guy with a beach body guy and both with a regular face im sure the beach body guy gets more attention. 

I have had my fair share of woman who liked guys that were in shape. Usually woman who worked out too. Its not just the look its the lifestyle too.

I for one am turned off by pale skin (asian) woman. Not so much that I don't find them attractive but more that I know that i like to go out and do stuff that is just not possible with females that fear the sun. 

Its more then just looks a lot of woman also like intelligence in a guy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I don't think so.

I'd need to google their relative wealth and likelihood of early death, suspect Elvis would win on both counts.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Different strokes for different folks. Women ,like men, have preferences. Some like huge men, but more are attracted to muscular men, lean and not too big. A lot like the swimmers physique. Women like muscle men because they think they'll protect them. Some women like feminine men because they think aren't a threat. It isn't much about what kind of men would do better, as much as it's the woman's decision on what attracts them first. If tou look at just the American population, where up to 65% are obese, and more are just average. carrying extra fat but not too much, you can see that it's a majority of women that feel intimidated by muscular men, and the same goes for men. Some think they have no chance with gorgeous, well built women because they think they want muscle men too. Not always the case. I've seen many mismatches, as far as looks are concerned, and they seemed happy with each other. You never know what goes on in anyone home or for sure, anyone's mind and what they think. As far as Elvis was concerned, he had it made because he was an innovator. Good looking yes, but not any different than any other good looking man. Just out in the public eye much more. My own daughter always commented on movie stars when she was young, and I explained to her that there are boys in her own class that are as good looking or more than the ones she sees on tv, but being on tv makes them special in a young girls eyes. Now that she's older, she understands what I meant. She has dated boys that match the ones she swooned over on tv. The same thing for my ex wife. I was better built than 99% of any actors she's ever seen, much like Rambo in Rambo 2 and 3 butt without the drug use, and she had me, but still looked at tv stars as special. A lot think Tom Cruise is gorgeous. He's not. he looked ok early on, but was never a looker like Cary Grant or Paul Newman, just to name two.

That's what I mean, Tom Cruise is basically a dwarf.

However, he's a non-ageing, extremely rich, movie-star dwarf. So you can put any number of superbly built gym addicts next to Tom Cruise and the vast majority of women will pick Tom Cruise. Same with Elvis.

Do you remember Desiree Washington and Mike Tyson. Desiree agreed to go out on a date with Mike Tyson immediately, and I doubt that was because of the good looks.

But let's take fame and celebrity out of it. I know from personal experience having spent a lot of time in a nightclub working with a group of guys that the biggest, muscle guy did not get the most women. It was the lean, dark, Hispanic looking guy that knew how to approach women that got the most women.

Muscles don't necessarily come into it if the guy has "THE FACE".

A guy can work out his whole life. If he doesn't have THE FACE he won't succeed much with women. Muscles are just one factor, and by no means the most important one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

There is more to beauty then just muscles or fat. I mean if you got a face that people don't get tired of punching then it does not matter if your fat or muscular.

Also it really depends on the woman. Just like men like different things woman like different things. Though in my opinion not many like really fat guys or super muscular guys. But compare a fat guy with a beach body guy and both with a regular face im sure the beach body guy gets more attention. 

I have had my fair share of woman who liked guys that were in shape. Usually woman who worked out too. Its not just the look its the lifestyle too.

I for one am turned off by pale skin (asian) woman. Not so much that I don't find them attractive but more that I know that i like to go out and do stuff that is just not possible with females that fear the sun. 

Its more then just looks a lot of woman also like intelligence in a guy. 

I agree with most of that, but I am most attracted to pale skin Asian women. I don't see anything more attractive than a pale Korean woman. It really is a taste issue.

But yah, of course there are women who are super into gym and they'll go for muscle guys, sure that happens. Overall though it's a mix of things that creates attraction. Confidence, fun, trustworthiness, overall likeability (very underrated). THE FACE, the body, money, influence, intelligence, culture for some women. I wouldn't say muscles are the secret weapon. If I wanted to attract women, I would go for the soft arts like likeability, fun, confidence, trustworthiness, though of course I'm lucky to have the face, so I don't have issue there, but I'd certainly work on the body as well. I just don't think it's a priority for most women.

Just look at how many unattractive average guys have hot women. 

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

That's what I mean, Tom Cruise is basically a dwarf.

However, he's a non-ageing, extremely rich, movie-star dwarf. So you can put any number of superbly built gym addicts next to Tom Cruise and the vast majority of women will pick Tom Cruise. Same with Elvis.

Do you remember Desiree Washington and Mike Tyson. Desiree agreed to go out on a date with Mike Tyson immediately, and I doubt that was because of the good looks.

But let's take fame and celebrity out of it. I know from personal experience having spent a lot of time in a nightclub working with a group of guys that the biggest, muscle guy did not get the most women. It was the lean, dark, Hispanic looking guy that knew how to approach women that got the most women.

Muscles don't necessarily come into it if the guy has "THE FACE".

A guy can work out his whole life. If he doesn't have THE FACE he won't succeed much with women. Muscles are just one factor, and by no means the most important one.

That's what I meant when I said women first look at a man's eyes. I, to me, am just average looking, although I've been told different by women, but have always had a good build, and thought that's why I was always approached by pretty women. They said I was ruggedly handsome. I thought they meant a Charles Bronson type. Who knows. And tom Cruise is aging, and the botox and makeup don't hide that. And a dwarf? He's 5;7:. I'm 5'8". Guess I'm a dwarf also lol

Edited by fredwiggy

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

I agree with most of that, but I am most attracted to pale skin Asian women. I don't see anything more attractive than a pale Korean woman. It really is a taste issue.

But yah, of course there are women who are super into gym and they'll go for muscle guys, sure that happens. Overall though it's a mix of things that creates attraction. Confidence, fun, trustworthiness, overall likeability (very underrated). THE FACE, the body, money, influence, intelligence, culture for some women. I wouldn't say muscles are the secret weapon. If I wanted to attract women, I would go for the soft arts like likeability, fun, confidence, trustworthiness, though of course I'm lucky to have the face, so I don't have issue there, but I'd certainly work on the body as well. I just don't think it's a priority for most women.

Like you said its a combination of things. I for one have stopped just going for looks quite a while back. Looks is ok if you just want to have someone for in bed but otherwise i prefer more substance even if that means lesser looks. (depends of course what your after if your after a one night stand or a long relation).

I for one when playing tinder looked at the action pics and if what was written in the profile had passable English. (never want to be in a relation with someone I cant understand well). Woman are often less into looks then guys. Guys are more visual. 

I agree about you likability fun confidence trustworthiness but i would add intelligence. Or maybe that is because that is what I encountered when looking for woman that were a bit more educated. Looks do matter but its a total picture of course. 

Just now, Logosone said:

Making them laugh is one of the biggest turn ons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

That's what I meant when I said women first look at a man's eyes. I, to me, am just average looking, although I've been told different by women, but have always had a good build, and thought that's why I was always approached by pretty women. They said I was ruggedly handsome. I thought they meant a Charles Bronson type. Who knows.

Women go for a guy for any number of reasons. Body and face obviously help. They are factors.

But there are guys who have body, who have face, they just don't know how to talk to women.

Then there are guys who really know how to approach a woman, be interesting, be fun, be confident, and women gravitate around them. They don't even need to have money, though that helps.

Some women go for surfer dudes, no cash, but lifestyle. Some women go for rappers with gold teeth. 

Overall though, if I had to rank them, I'd say Face is the most important. Because most guys that really succeeded, in the absence of fame and fortune, usually had the face. Face is only an initial thing though, and the likeability, fun, confidence part is going to be more important. Without it, even the face will usually not get far.

Of course in Thailand 2000 Baht is enough.

Just now, Logosone said:

Then there are guys who really know how to approach a woman, be interesting, be fun, be confident, and women gravitate around them. They don't even need to have money, though that helps.

Game and good looks will get you a bang.

Fame and money will get you a wife.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Like you said its a combination of things. I for one have stopped just going for looks quite a while back. Looks is ok if you just want to have someone for in bed but otherwise i prefer more substance even if that means lesser looks. (depends of course what your after if your after a one night stand or a long relation).

I for one when playing tinder looked at the action pics and if what was written in the profile had passable English. (never want to be in a relation with someone I cant understand well). Woman are often less into looks then guys. Guys are more visual. 

I agree about you likability fun confidence trustworthiness but i would add intelligence. Or maybe that is because that is what I encountered when looking for woman that were a bit more educated. Looks do matter but its a total picture of course. 

That's exactly it I think, WE are the visual ones, for us looks are so important. Not for women. Women have one shot. They look at a whole list of things, to ensure this is the best possible mate long term.

I also couldn't go with most Thai women, because I can't be with a woman that can't speak English. For sex sure, but I mean in a relationship. If you can't communicate, it's so frustrating.

Intelligence in a woman is a wonderful thing. So attractive. So elusive. Boring women are terrible. And women must think the same about boring men.

The mantra "exercise more, eat less" is profoundly ineffective for most people. Yes it might work a little bit while you are doing it, but generally it's too difficult and cannot be maintained for long periods. The sorry subject generally gains all the weight back and even more. Therefore, the final result is FAIL for most people. The data supports this. Why do you think so much money is made selling diet and exercise? Because it doesn't work for most people.

For all the people who maintain this "exercise more, eat less" nonsense, please tell me the cause of all these obese babies. It certainly can't be lack of exercise, as they are too young to walk. It can't be what they are eating, as they were born this way. What is the cause? Answer this question and you will see that it is NOT diet and exercise that will fix this. Have a little empathy. These children did not choose to be this way. SOMETHING IS WRONG with their bodies. What is it?

image.png.368f9adad69fca5597d57a31aa32900d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

Edited by NotYourBusiness

2 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

The mantra "exercise more, eat less" is profoundly ineffective for most people. Yes it might work a little bit while you are doing it, but generally it's too difficult and cannot be maintained for long periods. The sorry subject generally gains all the weight back and even more. Therefore, the final result is FAIL for most people. The data supports this. Why do you think so much money is made selling diet and exercise? Because it doesn't work for most people.

For all the people who maintain this nonsense, please tell me the cause of all these obese babies. It certainly can't be lack of exercise, as they are too young to walk. It can't be what they are eating, as they were born this way. What is the cause? Answer this question and you will see that it is NOT diet and exercise that will fix this. Have a little empathy. These children did not chose to be this way. SOMETHING IS WRONG with their bodies. What is it?

image.png.368f9adad69fca5597d57a31aa32900d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

They say 80% of intelligence is genes, 20% is environment.

I would not be surprised it is the same with physique.

Just now, NotYourBusiness said:

For all the people who maintain this "exercise more, eat less" nonsense, please tell me the cause of all these obese babies. It certainly can't be lack of exercise, as they are too young to walk. It can't be what they are eating, as they were born this way. What is the cause? Answer this question and you will see that it is NOT diet and exercise that will fix this. Have a little empathy. These children did not chose to be this way. SOMETHING IS WRONG with their bodies. What is it?

They aren't newborns. I was born at 9lbs 2 oz, considered big. My daughter here was  born at 4.6 kg, at 8 months, huge, but she, althjough bigger than most Thai babies, is normal weight for her age American toddler. This article explains it some.....https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/01/14/463072893/can-babies-be-obese

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

They aren't newborns. I was born at 9lbs 2 oz, considered big. My daughter here was  born at 4.6 kg, at 8 months, huge, but she, althjough bigger than most Thai babies, is normal weight for her age American toddler. This article explains it some.....https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/01/14/463072893/can-babies-be-obese

OK thanks for comments, but I never said they were newborns, I said they were too young to walk, which eliminates exercise as the cause. I also said they were born this way and didn't choose it.

From your link: "The main point is clear, though: A lot of babies in this country may be at risk — if their high weight is sustained — of obesity. So, what is going on? To what degree is the mother's weight a cause of the baby's weight?"

We are getting somewhere. There ARE other factors besides diet and exercise.

Just now, NotYourBusiness said:

OK thanks for comments, but I never said they were newborns, I said they were too young to walk, which eliminates exercise as the cause. I also said they were born this way and didn't choose it.

From your link: "The main point is clear, though: A lot of babies in this country may be at risk — if their high weight is sustained — of obesity. So, what is going on? To what degree is the mother's weight a cause of the baby's weight?"

We are getting somewhere.

The mothers lifestyle definitely has a lot to do with a child's weight gains.Some mothers "shut their babies up" by food. Giving birth at a heavy weight doesn't help either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The mothers lifestyle definitely has a lot to do with a child's weight gains.Some mothers "shut their babies up" by food. Giving birth at a heavy weight doesn't help either.

OK! Then we agree? It's not just diet and exercise. Fantastic. And just to mention, I wasn't discussing a child's weight gain. I was discussing obese babies. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEIR BODIES. What is it? It's NOT diet or exercise.