Temporary home on our land while we build our house

22 minutes ago, victorpeeke said:

And how much was that to build?  (not to buy). 

Land... generally 200-300,000 baht per Rai

House... 10-20,000 baht per sq meter

Pool... small 500,000, large 1,000,000

1 rai 300,000 + house 50-60 sq/m 1,000,000 + pool 500,000 = 1.8 million. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

toilet alone is around 30k ... no one can do a toilet for 20k unless you do all the work yourself.

dig a hole for the septic ?  install the plumbing ?  sink & toilet ? water tank and/or town connection ?

tiling ? painting, water proofing to the shower ?

Makro one hour 600  baht, concrete rings 10,  dont  buy a  plastic  tank, toilet  cheap 1500 non squat, there are many ways to get the price  down and it  still be good the main problem is workmanship quality, sadly  lacking, The red  tiles I used  look good (I  like them)  and are very cheap per m2 unlike those  hideous Thai style lime  green or pink tiles etc hahah, these are some ways to keep  costs  down, personally Id  hire 1-2  men on a DAY  rate  only and  supervise it  everyday  all  day NOT  hire a  builder.

7 hours ago, MaiDong said:

I thought so, now for my next question; if my budget is 200k, could I get what I want but with relatively nice gables & timber framed doors & windows?

I've found this image of a place down south, I'm doubtful I could create the same for the money, but it was the best representation of what I would like mine to look like(on the outside), what are my chances?

And if this would go over my 200k budget, what would something similar to this cost? 30+smq, single room with bathroom, decent insulation and gabled roof...

out-house_1.jpg

Ok forget the double  level roof more complication/time= money, dont  use  tiles use the metal  roofing with the tile  style  imprinted into it, forget the wood  windows they will be  high maintenance and  not fit as  well, get off the shelf upvc at global house or  get aluminium ones  made BOTH  now available in wood  finish so  look  pretty  good the  ally ones in dark  brown for that wood  colour  look,  a  flat  pitch  roof will be  cheaper  faster but  not as  pretty spend the money on fibre glass insulation under the roof, its cheap and  effective 2  inch is  enough after that returns on insulation are  minimal to cost,  buy the galvanised  steel for roof beams ,  200k yes i would  say so 30m2, when you order concrete get GANZUM  added to it this  will give you waterproof  concrete no stupid  damp tide marks  up the wall where ground water permeates  up, it  costs 100  baht a  time, stupid  not to do  that. Hire 1-2  workers only NOT  a builder and be your own onsite  ALL  day manager, this  will keep  your costs right  down, precast concrete  columns use the 5  inch not 4  inch  size they are too  thin. The  photos  I sent you are the cheapest way to do it. 

31 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just moved in to my custom built home on land we owned for quite some time.  I asked my builder to cost out a small guest house.. about 30sqm. He said he can do it for B300,000.

we can't read your comment .... it's too small .... please put your glasses on before typing.

19 hours ago, MaiDong said:

I'm thinking of just a single block, with a small bathroom, nothing special, probably around 30-ish sqm.

I assumed you’d be DIY as I am, 22sqm total. £1750 gbp max and that’s mainly the roof and some more blocks.

I’ve all services on site and have spare doors,windows,tiles etc already.

(4 brother in-laws plus sons in the trade).

40,000... It will be finished off a lot nicer at some point and an outside bathroom added below...

It suits us for camping out at our plot in Chaiyaphum...

The wood was recycled from another older house we had on the plot.

IMG_20200123_072904.jpg

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 2

I put this Knock down house on my land ,about 130,000 Bht delivered on site, about 85,000 Bht for electric bathroom, shower is is prefab easy installed washing machine connection,

IMO dont build it will be one more headache. 

I requested Teak timber more durable

I had it for about 3 years. When I go back Thailand this time I will have it lifted so I can build in underneath

It was delivered from 3 hours away, 1 hour to put in place

If you want to know more let me know

The main house is all Teak with 3 levels and 520 meters square

What area are you in? 

5304.jpg

5302.jpg

5301.jpg

5300.jpg

2837.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

40,000... It will be finished off a lot nicer at some point and an outside bathroom added below...

It suits us for camping out at our plot in Chaiyaphum...

The wood was recycled from another older house we had on the plot.

IMG_20200123_072904.jpg

Does it  include oxygen masks?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, OLDMANHARRY said:

Ok 1 rai , then the sheds the go 

Concrete - 1860 bt Qm lay at 125mm 

Galv steel everything poles ,roof trusses spaced 1 metre, ceilings supports 

D/con blocks use 100 x 200 x 600 all mm recommend 32 bt ea, lintals up to 2700 mm for window opening 1900 bt ea

Block cement premixed couple hundred bt per 50 kg cheap as chips

Wall rendering or charping I showed my builders how to do it properly, there is an art  

Windows be carefull here, there is <deleted> and more <deleted> available I have a good man Khon Kaen way

Roof I use only ozzy zink .047 with 30mm pu foam,best insulation you will get here .

Electrical im in the trade

I hope this helps

Harry 

On this subject, is there any companies that make supply and erect big sheds in Thailand ? I'm now looking to lay a slab and get a shed approx 10x6m if possible. Does anyone know the cost of something like that ?? I would then do as Harry did and build a small office/bathroom with AC in one corner of it... 

Right, thanks for all the useful replies, it turns out that my Wifes' uncle is a builder in the village(she told me a long time ago but I'd forgotten), that might be a positive or a negative thing.

I'll post again when things get going, I'd appreciate it if this thread could stay open as I'll add to it as time goes by.