Twitter again slaps warning on Trump tweet threatening force against protesters

webfact

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I were president and a private company tried to censor my posts, I would destroy that company.

(and the people that ran that company)

And I'm sure Trump would if he could. So what does that tell you that he hasn't done so?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

And I'm sure Trump would if he could. So what does that tell you that he hasn't done so?

Slowly he has taken steps!

First by executive order!

"They've had unchecked power to censor, restrict, edit, shape, hide, alter, virtually any form of communication between private citizens and large public audiences."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/trump-twitter-social-media-executive-order/index.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Slowly he has taken steps!

First by executive order!

"They've had unchecked power to censor, restrict, edit, shape, hide, alter, virtually any form of communication between private citizens and large public audiences."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/trump-twitter-social-media-executive-order/index.html

And it seems even William Barr has given up on that ridiculous idea and instead come up with a hopeless plan:

Justice Department recommends new legislation holding Facebook, Google and Twitter liable for some online content

The Justice Department on Wednesday urged Congress to adopt new legislation that could punish Facebook, Google and Twitter for a wide array of harmful content posted online, threatening to erode a long-cherished legal immunity that Silicon Valley says is critical to the future of the Internet.

The new legislation would target Section 230, a decades-old portion of law that spares social media sites from being held liable for the posts, photos and videos uploaded to their sites by their users. The proposal would pave the way for steep sanctions on major online platforms if they don’t act to remove a range of illicit content, from child exploitation to terrorism, according to Justice Department officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity Wednesday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/06/17/doj-barr-section-230/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The virus may have started in China but it is definitely the Trump Pandemic now.  The US appears to have had the worst response, by far, of any country and now the US is the epicenter of the virus.  Sounds like it is getting so bad some states are in danger of having their hospitals overrun.  All while bunker boy, and the rest of the people in his clown car, are trying to slow down testing to try make the numbers not look as bad.  They are even making irresponsible statements pretending that things are getting better and returning to normal.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

And it seems even William Barr has given up on that ridiculous idea and instead come up with a hopeless plan:

Justice Department recommends new legislation holding Facebook, Google and Twitter liable for some online content

The Justice Department on Wednesday urged Congress to adopt new legislation that could punish Facebook, Google and Twitter for a wide array of harmful content posted online, threatening to erode a long-cherished legal immunity that Silicon Valley says is critical to the future of the Internet.

The new legislation would target Section 230, a decades-old portion of law that spares social media sites from being held liable for the posts, photos and videos uploaded to their sites by their users. The proposal would pave the way for steep sanctions on major online platforms if they don’t act to remove a range of illicit content, from child exploitation to terrorism, according to Justice Department officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity Wednesday.

Never give up on hope especially when people tell you otherwise! 

Paywall source

Edited by riclag

23 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The virus may have started in China but it is definitely the Trump Pandemic now.  The US appears to have had the worst response, by far, of any country and now the US is the epicenter of the virus.  Sounds like it is getting so bad some states are in danger of having their hospitals overrun.  All while bunker boy, and the rest of the people in his clown car, are trying to slow down testing to try make the numbers not look as bad.  They are even making irresponsible statements pretending that things are getting better and returning to normal.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

"They are even making irresponsible statements pretending that things are getting better and returning to normal"

The truth! Far from normal! When Americans can hear a pin drop because of the of the  dems  virtual silence of condemnation , while mayhem continues in dem cities across America. 

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

"They are even making irresponsible statements pretending that things are getting better and returning to normal"

The truth! Far from normal! When Americans can hear a pin drop because of the of the  dems  virtual silence while mayhem continues in dem cities across America. 

I believe he's referring to the super spreader events that Trump is hosting.

9 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

I believe he's referring to the super spreader events that Trump is hosting.

I replied to what was relative to this thread( getting back to normal) . Nothing about virus

Edited by riclag

8 hours ago, Brickbat said:

God help America . The Democrats seem to be idiots. That Debt will be one hell of a bomb.

Why should God help america? They do all the stupid things perfectly by themselves, and God has much more important things to do...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Past time that he should have moved to PARLER.

Twitter is toxic.

Several high profile defectors have headed in that direction already. If Trump goes too it'll be twitter's  loss and Parler's gain. The only disadvantage I can see is that everyone has to sign up in order to read content whereas twitter can be read without having an account.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

What about also making the original poster liable as well? After all the OP poster would be the one that started it in the first place.

12 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Why should God help america? They do all the stupid things perfectly by themselves, and God has much more important things to do...

Well my deity has a lot better things to do, that's for sure. Even if it is only keeping me on the straight and narrow path.

2 hours ago, car720 said:

post deleted