Schools, spas, pubs, may be allowed to reopen in 5th phase of easing

snoop1130

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Really? The ones I go to serve all day. Only restaurants in shopping malls stop at 2pm and they are generally devoid of any atmosphere anyway so I avoid them anyway.

Not selling from 2-5pm is really dumb in the context of C19. It just means people will all pile in from 11-2 and the place will be packed. Then from 2-5pm it will be empty. Makes no sense. Better to spread it out over as long a period as possible to stop too many people congregating at the same time. 

But let's face it none of this is about C19. It's fake puritanism, virtue signalling and population control from the 'holier than thou' illegal power grabbers who are currently masquerading as a legitimate government.

I think you are right about it not being related to Covid-19.

I wonder if in the distant future entertainment places will be allowed to stay open after 12.00 or will it be a permanent thing?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

it's called risk mitigation or prevention if one is infected and is sitting next to your table.

Would you like that ....  no of course not. Wearing a mask will help and decrease the chance of you catching the virus from another person as they may cough next to you. 

Who’s infected? Nobody, according to nearly everyone. 

12 minutes ago, petedk said:

I am also in Thong Lor. 

Let's say most restaurants don't serve alcohol after 2 pm. I don't know any on Thong Lor that do.  I wouldn't say it's "no problem"

Yes I know one on Ekamai (if you sit indoors)

The Old English Pub is serving alcohol, for the moment they open at 3 p.m..

The Ekamai Beer House is serving alcohol all day.

Younger Bar/Cafe will open soon, they usually served alcohol at 4 p.m. at week days and starting 11 a.m. the week-end.

Mellow and Lucky Fish are serving alcohol too.

The Royal Oak at Sukhumvit 33/1 is serving alcohol all day.

Those places are serving food too, but don't know if they are labelled as restaurants.

There must be others, but I have enough with those.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Also, pubs or bars can only serve alcoholic beverages during two periods: 11am-2pm and 5pm to midnight. All bars, pubs and entertainment venues are required to close before midnight.

Not so good for all the "night-owl" sex-pats and boozers!!

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

You really need more than 10 hours a day drinking alcohol in bars ? :unsure:

No, but I need them to be open in the afternoon.  I'm normally home by 5 o'clock to cook dinner.  And what are you going to do when its starts to pour down as we are in the Wet Season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, curious297 said:

Can the authorities legally enforce the requirement that every entertainment establishment must install CCTV and ensure they keep records for a month?  Right now it can only be a policy. The authorities will check you have recordings going back 1 month or you will get a fine, they are not interested in viewing the actual contents. Do they have the actual resources to view the recordings? It'a a pure money grab in my opinion and vaguely worded to ensure the free flow of brown envelopes. Eagerly waiting for the first court case.

There is a school of thought that the "whole fandangle" is a (fairly thinly disguised) money grab. Lets face it, anybody in any of a variety of uniforms can pole up at any venue and almost certainly detect several infringements there and then. Fines, closure orders, or the opportunity to demonstrate sufficient "influence" to allow the problem to be disregarded. I know the owner of a bar in Chiang Rai, and she is resigned to her "informal overheads" increasing sharply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I think you are right about it not being related to Covid-19.

I wonder if in the distant future entertainment places will be allowed to stay open after 12.00 or will it be a permanent thing?

Oh I'm sure that when enough desirable businesses have agreed to sell up at bargain basement prices, the new owners will be able to muster the "influence" to have the rules relaxed!

One of the things that I find odd is the "No more than 5 people to a table", so, you've found the Thai beauty of your dreams and your parents have travelled to Thailand for the wedding and the night before the wedding the bride and groom and both sets of parents decide to go for a few drinks. How do you decide who stays at home? Obviously, it's good news for the "gooseberry" crowd now that their married mates can't go drinking with 2 other couples, but surely 6 to a table would have been more logical? I've seen 8 at a table regularly in a hot pot place near me so it is acceptable in restaurants but not bars. None of these rules really make any sense. Yes you can open your disco nightclub but NO DANCING!!! Doh!

mmm mmm

I agree with these "ideas" however, reality, brown envelopes and people will make it difficult.

The Chinese will return first and they don't visit the soi's, local shops or "entertainment venues" so I can't see a lot changing instantly.

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

All this while there's no COVID in Thailand.

If it comes back when they let the Chinese back in we're in for a rough ride!

And someone just slipped in the Anti Chinese nonsense, again.

Why shouldnt the Chinese be allowed to enter Thailand? China has the virus under control.

We all know which countries are TOTAL FAILURES to control the virus. Hint, theyare not Asian countries.

If we really want to keep it safe here in Thailand, keep the borders closed for Fail Army country #1 Usa where the virus spikes again and its own citizens refuses to take responsibilitie. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

it's called risk mitigation or prevention if one is infected and is sitting next to your table.

Would you like that ....  no of course not. Wearing a mask will help and decrease the chance of you catching the virus from another person as they may cough next to you. 

But there is no COVID in Thailand. If afraid of tourists, require quarantine for long-stay tourists, ban short stays. Do business via internet. 

I am amazed they don't require a camera and 30 days of recording in massage shops and soapies. Rules say no stranger can sit with you. So if you know the dancer or waitress it's OK? That would inspire loyalty.

Edited by Mac98
Spelling error

On 6/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, DrJack54 said:

So closed between 2pm-5pm. Is that some kind of joke. Someone should start a thread of most stupid announcements.

Gosh there would be many candidates.

Surely gov just je#king us around.

This has been the rules for many years already, and I recall that it got enforced for a couple of weeks few years ago, when bars in Soi 6 Pattaya could not open before 5pm.

This time it will be the same, being enforced for a few weeks

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

This has been the rules for many years already, and I recall that it got enforced for a couple of weeks few years ago, when bars in Soi 6 Pattaya could not open before 5pm.

This time it will be the same, being enforced for a few weeks

Well I cannot refute that as I live bkk.

All I recall about Soi 6 had a crack down on sex upstairs on premises. 

That came and went. Had many beers everywhere Pattaya and never seen close 2-5. 

In fact think that does not even apply 7/11

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Had many beers everywhere Pattaya and never seen close 2-5. 

In fact think that does not even apply 7/11

Give it a try to buy a beer in 7/11 between 2 - 5pm, and report back, but you gonna be disapointed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

Its called people control.  A cloth mask does nothing to stopping a microscopic virus from entering your body.  If you're scared, stay home.  If you venture out, know there are risks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

Also, pubs or bars can only serve alcoholic beverages during two periods: 11am-2pm and 5pm to midnight

Thought this Law that came out a few years ago, was to curtail underage kids buying in shops not drinking in bars, another shot at drinkers from Thailands anti alcohol lobby

• Like 1