National parks preparing to welcome tourists

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

Your loss.  If you visit two or three times a year it costs maybe 50 bucks.   Your missing out on wonderful sights, flora and fauna for the sake of that?

you do realise that the average Thai wage is a fraction of the average farang wage, right?

I visit them for free 3 or 4 days a week.

I'm retired, and prohibited from working in Thailand (says so on my VISA) my wage is ZERO.

Just now, DLock said:

Claiming to have "principles" and living in Thailand.

Priceless.

Presumable everyone gets to pick and choose their own sets of principles.

Or are you suggesting that there's a 'Master List' published somewhere which never changes and everyone in the world is expected to obey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mick501 said:

you do realise that the average Thai wage is a fraction of the average farang wage, right?

Have you not realised that the cost of living here in Thailand, even for the average farang has increased over the past five years, add to that most currencies have dropped, and the majority of farangs are on a set pension/wage, call it what you like, so why even bother trying to hit them 10 fold, try that in your motherland and see what happens.

Missing out........, who's missing out, an extra 40 baht per head times x amount of heads = an extra 40 baht per head times x amount of heads, so who's missing out ?

5 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Not visiting for the sake of a few dollars is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I suppose if you were sitting at a bar and wanted to take a young lady back to your hotel for the night and she said 5,000 baht, I wonder how you would react if you knew she would go with the Thai guy for 500 baht.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not to mention, if you're not there, you don't have to pay for everything.

And listen to "ron maak" non-stop like a broken record player. As if we needed a weather update every 5 minutes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I suppose if you were sitting at a bar and wanted to take a young lady back to your hotel for the night and she said 5,000 baht, I wonder how you would react if you knew she would go with the Thai guy for 500 baht.

If she asked for 5,000bht, she wouldn't be visiting my room.

That's nearly 100 large U-beers!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If she asked for 5,000bht, she wouldn't be visiting my room.

That's nearly 100 large U-beers!

She wouldn't be visiting mine either.

I give all Thai's one chance, and as soon as they go for an increase, they lose my business, no if's no but's, no 2nd chances, wasn't raised to rip people off and I came from a poor family, suffice to say, no one has the right to charge more, regardless of race, simply put, it's down right discrimination as others have said, but in Thailand discrimination is everywhere, especially towards farangs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Interestingly, it seems it was only fully re - introduced during the Junta's reign as I remember regularly getting reduced rates with my Thai WP before. In the last few years I have unfortunately had to pay up to 8 times the price at a few places. From now I have no interest in visiting these places.

I think the dual pricing for NPs was introduced around 1999/2000?  A Mr Purachai?  Before then 40 baht or whatever for everyone.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make?   Some things are negotiable, some are not.  No point being miserable about the dual pricing.  Just a fact of life.  Up to you whether you want to avoid doing things for the sake of chump change.

10 hours ago, andre47 said:

I think you like Donald Trump?...

Why so many people are still thinking nationalistic and selfish? This way we will never archive a peaceful world. 

The world wont be peaceful cause you got to pay more to get in to a national park?   Interesting.

9 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Plenty of free access to NPs if you hike or MTB.  

And, plenty of Thais have much more money than me.

Most everyone in the world would be better off than a person who can't grasp the concept of "average wage" 

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

500?  After she's done with you, she goes home to him for free...  Probably gives him some spending money from your 5,000, too.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

The world wont be peaceful cause you got to pay more to get in to a national park?   Interesting.

You don't understand or you don't want understand?

Thinking nationalistic and selfish is bad if people want live together...  Can you agree?

2 minutes ago, andre47 said:

You don't understand or you don't want understand?

Thinking nationalistic and selfish is bad if people want live together...  Can you agree?

Not sure where you live, but the planet earth is, and always will be tribal. Every country (with remotely competent government) will always put its own people first.  Sure, a world without borders would be nice, but it's delusional.

2 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Not sure where you live, but the planet earth is, and always will be tribal. Every country (with remotely competent government) will always put its own people first.  Sure, a world without borders would be nice, but it's delusional.

Borders are ok. Every country can establish its own rules, but I think that it should treat people equal. Maybe I am a dreamer. 

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

Borders are ok. Every country can establish its own rules, but I think that it should treat people equal. Maybe I am a dreamer. 

You equate nationalism to being selfish as self justification for not spending a few dollars in a comparatively poor country.   Credit to you for having the gall to call others selfish.  if the aim is equality for all, then surely redistribution of wealth is in line with that goal? 

9 hours ago, impulse said:

500?  After she's done with you, she goes home to him for free...  Probably gives him some spending money from your 5,000, too.

If you take them for a short time as I do, and she's smart and doesn't have a Thai pimp waiting to collect, more than likely you'll find her at a Thai Karaoke place with her friends after they have closed the bar, spending big on the young Thai male waiters, hoping to bag a young Thai male ????

9 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make?   Some things are negotiable, some are not.  No point being miserable about the dual pricing.  Just a fact of life.  Up to you whether you want to avoid doing things for the sake of chump change.

You see this is the problem with people like yourself accepting things that are wrong, you actually contribute to them remaining in force, oh don't worry, I won't try and take your blinkers off your eyes to try and prove my point.

Enjoy the rest of your life bending over while the Thai's keep laughing at you while you enjoy whatever you're doing when your in a national park next after spending 10 times more than a Thai to get in.

I suppose the only time you would feel that it isn't right is when you have to pay 10 times more for everything else here, maybe then you would think twice and jack up then for the sake of "chump change".

I take it your a person who has no principals and doesn't give a rats a$$ as long as you get what you want, right or wrong, and that's ok, your not alone, you and your mates can do as you like, but us others know what the Thai's are like, how they think, and won't allow them to get away with it, after all, where we came from, we were taught right from wrong, and how to avoid being scammed, others like you probably get rorted all the time, but if it's not 'chump change' you will think twice won't you big spender.