No name, no pint - new rules for England's pubs after lockdown

snoop1130

20 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Obviously pubs will have to see ID probably take a photo of it, driving licence maybe? It has an address on it, they will not just accept any old name by law, please don't blame the landlord

Prices will rocket due to an almost doubling of staff to do table service and monitor doors and seating, I would say in the region of 20% increase, that's what we are planning.

well get ready for a race to the poor house,theres going to be mass unemployment and no money in circulation,and thats not because of brexit its simple arithmetic.

• Like 1

This has been doing the rounds on Facebook.

"As pub companies now rush to finalise plans before reopening on the 4th, please remember that not a single member of bar staff is suddenly an expert in disease control, politics or even the policies of their own Pub Co.

So when 20 of you show up to finally go out on the lash after 3 months of lockdown, it's not the minimum wage barmaid's decision to tell you no, but she HAS to anyway.

When 6 of you try to book a meal because you've not seen your grandkids for 3 months, it's not the manager's fault group sizes are limited so don't demand to see them and tell them they're wrong.

BoJo is again relying on the "common sense of the people" (don't get me started) so PLEASE remember that when pubs aren't exactly how you remember them, or hoped they would be, we've all been in lockdown too.

No, we can't just move some tables together. No, we can't turn a blind eye (you know, just this once). And no, a bad Trip Advisor review won't help.

Things will get back to normal, just not straight away. Please be patient us. And show some common sense"

I guess the parks and streets will continue to have parties until not warm enough to continue. After the initial surge on the first weekend people won't fancy the new rules too much and having Social Distancing Monitors advising people what they can and cannot do.

• Like 1

Obviously pubs will have to see ID probably take a photo of it, driving licence maybe? It has an address on it, they will not just accept any old name by law, please don't blame the landlord

Prices will rocket due to an almost doubling of staff to do table service and monitor doors and seating, I would say in the region of 20% increase, that's what we are planning.

I don't drive and I'm not taking my passport with me just to get a pint. As for the prices increasing, then less customers will turn up. I'll be giving my old mobile phone number and a false name, if that's not good enough, count me out, I'll drink in the park with the others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I don't drive and I'm not taking my passport with me just to get a pint. As for the prices increasing, then less customers will turn up. I'll be giving my old mobile phone number and a false name, if that's not good enough, count me out, I'll drink in the park with the others.

That's not very public spirited. Personally I like pubs and I want them to still be around when the Covid threat has gone. If that means following a few more rules and paying a small premium to help them break even, so be it. 

Enjoy your drinks in the park in November ????

57 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's not very public spirited. Personally I like pubs and I want them to still be around when the Covid threat has gone. If that means following a few more rules and paying a small premium to help them break even, so be it. 

I'll give it a miss in November in the park lol. I'm not very public spirited, no track and trace for people on the beach, at protests, riots, street and park parties, but have to when in the pub beer garden!

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Just seen a poll on Facebook that says 46% won't return, either scared or the restrictions.

The post-lockdown restrictions placed on pubs isn't going to help either.  I just can't see that it's worth opening up to break even, if that.  

2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

The post-lockdown restrictions placed on pubs isn't going to help either.  I just can't see that it's worth opening up to break even, if that.  

Some of the pubs in my town make money on the food, so they will be ok, but Friday and Saturday nights will take a hit with reduced capacity inside and only beer gardens for standing. Some of them only have good trade at the weekends with a limited food menu or no food at all. These restrictions are fine in the summer when the beer gardens can be used, but once autumn comes along it won't be feasible and limited capacity inside will kill a lot of them off.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Some of the pubs in my town make money on the food, so they will be ok, but Friday and Saturday nights will take a hit with reduced capacity inside and only beer gardens for standing.

My local pub is a one minute walk from my house and not big enough for dining.  The beer / smoking garden has a capacity of about ten people once distancing measures are implemented.  

It's your spit and sawdust pub.  Beer, sports screens, cheese and ham rolls and banter.  

Unless the landlord has very deep pockets then I suspect he's a goner, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

same same

4 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

if that's not good enough, count me out, I'll drink in the park with the others.

Can of Special Brew, sitting on a park bench: Unbeatable. ????

Mind you, White Lightening is cheaper.

????

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

pubs,past tense,so they expect you to show i.d and go through a spanish inquisition before they serve you a light ale?there must be some pretty desperate losers out there if they,re going to put up with that.

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

pubs,past tense,so they expect you to show i.d and go through a spanish inquisition before they serve you a light ale?there must be some pretty desperate losers out there if they,re going to put up with that.

I'll have a look around and see what is going on in the town. Looks like the scousers are having a party again next to the liver bird building, must be 20k+, no social distancing and no police in sight. Well, the police are scared of causing a riot and getting chased away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I'll have a look around and see what is going on in the town. Looks like the scousers are having a party again next to the liver bird building, must be 20k+, no social distancing and no police in sight. Well, the police are scared of causing a riot and getting chased away.

the " new normal" perhaps?

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

the " new normal" perhaps?

Yes the "new normal" in the UK is "we do whatever we want". More block parties in London one rave marched along the streets from Maida Vale to Kilburn to another rave, police tring to disperse them. The kids are bored and I don't blame them, so am I ????

Just been for a look around the high street and a bar was doing takeaway service. Anyway I had a chat with him and 2 pubs already gone, 2 not sure if reopening. On Facebook my regular pub said no standing inside or in the beer gardens, prebooked table service only.

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Just been for a look around the high street and a bar was doing takeaway service. Anyway I had a chat with him and 2 pubs already gone, 2 not sure if reopening. On Facebook my regular pub said no standing inside or in the beer gardens, prebooked table service only.

regular pub?are you going to stand for that?cause you,re not the bold landlord won,t let you,don,t forget to put your hand up and ask nicely if you want to void your bladder,you couldn,t make it up.

18 minutes ago, kingdong said:

regular pub?are you going to stand for that?cause you,re not the bold landlord won,t let you,don,t forget to put your hand up and ask nicely if you want to void your bladder,you couldn,t make it up.

My usual regular local pub in my town, prefer the Thai bar in BKK I usually frequent. I've actually had enough of this BS now, time to go on a trip out of the UK before I explode!

On 6/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, dexterm said:

So if Donald Duck orders a pint for his buddy Lord Lucan and a gin and tonic for Marilyn Monroe, it will make Covid -19 go away?

Wait until Elvis  turns  up!