Possible world conflict

10 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

So the abuse, ongoing suffering and obliteration of the Marshalls and their people is just far leftist narrative and ok by you then? Rightio......

In general, he backs communists.  Yes, stopping communism has been done in nasty ways at times - ways I do not approve of - and supporting awful non-communist regimes which are also evil.  Who wants to choose between Pinochet and the Commies?  Not much of a good choice, there.

I haven't watched this latest one on China - was referring to his earlier works.  "Coming war ON China" sounds like China is being portrayed as the "poor victim" of the West - but maybe the documentary covers the CCP's horrible human-rights record, and advocates for toppling the CCP, but by different means - in which case I would stand corrected. 

Usa is falling apart, its divided to the bone, and both political sides bet on divesiveness. Trump wrecks the country, the liberals wreck the country, citizens wreck the country. 

China in just half a century has transformed from a poor third world country into becoming the second strongest country. China is learning fast and unstoppable. (sorry but no, their successtory is not bc they stole secrets and simply copied stuff from the west.)

You might critisize human rights etc, but thats all politics. Trump and the Usa are just politically exploiting the muslim camps in China. Usa has its own human rights issues, eg just keyword "Police Brutallity" at Youtube, police brutality is not rascist, just about anyone from old people, white family people to skater kids can get beaten the <deleted> out of them, for no reason.

actually, the usa feels threatened by chinas success and tactic nr one of the usa is to be a bully and try with threats and force tell other countries what to do. China is very smart by refusing to be bullied by the usa but setting its own course.

China really is the future, one or two decades away. It would be best to stop demonizing a smart and strong country, and learn to understand respect and work together. China and the Usa are competitors, yes, but not enemies, despite politicians claiming that.

Edited by herwin1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, herwin1234 said:

Usa is falling apart, its divided to the bone, and both political sides bet on divesiveness. Trump wrecks the country, the liberals wreck the country, citizens wreck the country. 

China in just half a century has transformed from a poor third world country into becoming the second strongest country. China is learning fast and unstoppable. (sorry but no, their successtory is not bc they stole secrets and simply copied stuff from the west.)

You might critisize human rights etc, but thats all politics. Trump and the Usa are just politically exploiting the muslim camps in China. Usa has its own human rights issues, eg just keyword "Police Brutallity" at Youtube, police brutality is not rascist, just about anyone from old people, white family people to skater kids can get beaten the <deleted> out of them, for no reason.

China really is the future, one or two decades away. It would be best to stop demonizing a smart and strong country, and learn to understand respect and work together. China and the Usa are competitors, yes, but not enemies, despite politicians claiming that.

It would not be a good idea for China and the US to war for many reasons. Trade between them........U.S. goods and services trade with China totaled an estimated $737.1 billion in 2018. Exports were $179.3 billion; imports were $557.9 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with China was $378.6 billion in 2018.

3 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

So the abuse, ongoing suffering and obliteration of the Marshalls and their people is just far leftist narrative and ok by you then? Rightio......

The USA are not always so quick to help their own citizens out either.

Just a couple:

USS Liberty;

The shameful way some US personnel are being rejected over Agent Orange problems while serving in Thailand.

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

In general, he backs communists.  Yes, stopping communism has been done in nasty ways at times - ways I do not approve of - and supporting awful non-communist regimes which are also evil.  Who wants to choose between Pinochet and the Commies?  Not much of a good choice, there.

I haven't watched this latest one on China - was referring to his earlier works.  "Coming war ON China" sounds like China is being portrayed as the "poor victim" of the West - but maybe the documentary covers the CCP's horrible human-rights record, and advocates for toppling the CCP, but by different means - in which case I would stand corrected. 

John Pilger is not a backer of communists. He is a storyteller and truth-seeker.

"The coming war on China" is not new. First aired 4 years ago. Now being shown on Aljazeera this month.

Human right records are suspect the world over. Not keen on Pilger? Try 'Soldier Blue'.

Who wants to choose between Pinochet and the Commies?  Not much of a good choice, there.

The best decision that I ever made was to relocate to live in communist Laos.  Friendly officials, friendly police,  no interference in my work, and no interference or suspicions in my radio transmitters, (I'm a radio ham).

IMHO, countries like the USA and UK are drowning in a cesspool of political correctness and the democratic right to 'screw up' the country by opposing anything that you don't agree with.  Ah well, if that's democracy, you're welcome to it.....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The best decision that I ever made was to relocate to live in communist Laos.  Friendly officials, friendly police,  no interference in my work, and no interference or suspicions in my radio transmitters, (I'm a radio ham).

IMHO, countries like the USA and UK are drowning in a cesspool of political correctness and the democratic right to 'screw up' the country by opposing anything that you don't agree with.  Ah well, if that's democracy, you're welcome to it.....

Over the years I've been to Laos over twenty times; and not just to get a visa.

I've never had any problems that couldn't be sorted out with a smile. No hassle from the police and always a smiling official.

I think recently in the UK (my country of birth), a couple of things I've found difficult to deal with:

The Julian Assange case. Why is he in Bellmarsh, if not to kill him?

The lady judge from NZ that was looking into pedophilia among the elites. Resigned! Why? Because MI5 would not release 'delicate' info on some high ranking people.