Biden attacks Trump health policy as 'cruel' in election battleground state

webfact

23 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Would that be Joe "if a Medicare For All policy lands on my desk I will veto it" Biden?

One and the same. 

At this point I would honestly consider Medicare for All if just one single mainstream politician would lay it out in a way that ticks all the boxes and the math adds up, but they dont. 

And Republicans will fight it tooth and nail, so its unlikely to get any traction unless the Dems have a majority and force it through the way they did with Obamacare, which is unlikely. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Ah the Republican Dream, destroy Obamacare and let them have no insurance! Lets do this during the Wuhan virus, and when it is surging out of control, due to our, republican, incompetence. Great swaths of the country are laid off from work. - No Better Time to Extract More Pain. 

ObamaCare: 10 years of distress and disappointment

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/486134-obamacare-10-years-of-distress-and-disappointment#:~:text=In its first decade%2C ObamaCare,of unintended consequences in action.&text=As of this writing%2C there,million Americans without health insurance.

"No better time to extract more pain" ,like you said

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

43 minutes ago, meechai said:

Once again we see how beautifully broken the US two party system is.

Wrong for one party always has to be what ever is deemed right by the other party.

Put "none of the above" on the ballot & see how many of the usual suspects never see office again

I can't support either one of the leading candidates.

Americans overwhelmingly support Support single payor Medicare For All healthcare insurance:    

https://www.kff.org/slideshow/public-opinion-on-single-payer-national-health-plans-and-expanding-access-to-medicare-coverage/

Here's what "the party of the people" is up to:

https://theintercept.com/2019/06/11/medicare-for-all-ways-means-committee/

45 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I can't support either one of the leading candidates.

Americans overwhelmingly support Support single payor Medicare For All healthcare insurance: 

Unfortunately, it's too late as they are deeply in debt and can't afford it. Next, they will be coming for your SS benefits. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Did you read paragraph 2 on that page you linked to?

"KFF polling finds public support for Medicare-for-all shifts significantly when people hear arguments about potential tax increases or delays in medical tests and treatment (Figure 10). KFF polling found that when such a plan is described in terms of the trade-offs (higher taxes but lower out-of-pocket costs), the public is almost equally split in their support (Figure 11).  KFF polling also shows many people falsely assume they would be able to keep their current health insurance under a single-payer plan, suggesting another potential area for decreased support especially since most supporters (67 percent) of such a proposal think they would be able to keep their current health insurance coverage (Figure 12)."

https://www.kff.org/slideshow/public-opinion-on-single-payer-national-health-plans-and-expanding-access-to-medicare-coverage/

I don't understand the nearly religious attachment to Medicare for all. The goal of health care reform should be universal coverage. Plenty of countries do that via private health insurance.

What I'd like to see is a national referendum whereby the question is asked "Should healthcare be provided to all Americans whereby it is free at point of service or should no healthcare be provided for any Americans whereby it is free at point of service". I can live with either outcome. What I can't accept is that some get it and some don't.

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

One and the same. 

At this point I would honestly consider Medicare for All if just one single mainstream politician would lay it out in a way that ticks all the boxes and the math adds up, but they dont. 

And Republicans will fight it tooth and nail, so its unlikely to get any traction unless the Dems have a majority and force it through the way they did with Obamacare, which is unlikely. 

Make it affordable by restricting it to citizens. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Brilliant move. Healthcare number 1 on people's mind. Will further enhance the electability of Biden and create a chasm too steep for Trump to narrow by November.  

Spot on!and old joe ripped him a new one when stating it the worm has turned folks are fed up it’s about time imo!

• Thanks 2