Security in Nonthaburi park tightened after two joggers poisoned

rooster59

Security in Nonthaburi park tightened after two joggers poisoned

7EED40F6-DCC9-4048-9B02-E903AB02C802.jpeg

File Image

Nonthaburi municipal officials were sent to a public park, located in the government complex, to survey sites for the installation of more surveillance cameras on Saturday, after two joggers were poisoned, apparently by con men.

According to Nonthaburi provincial police, two joggers fell unconscious after drinking water from their own water bottles, which had been left temporarily unattended.

The perpetrators, who the police believe operate as a team, used a syringe to inject a sedative substance, believed to be the animal sedative Xylazine, into the plastic containers.  When the joggers returned, and took a sip of the water, they rapidly lost consciousness.  Then the gang stole their personal effects.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/security-in-nonthaburi-park-tightened-after-two-joggers-poisoned/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-06-28

• Sad 2

So people go jogging nowadays and take loads of stuff that’s valuable with them just so they can leave it on a park bench with their drinking bottle ?

Don’t  think so. Plus the sudden rush to install cctv because of this happening makes it sound more like someone wants cctv installed for their own agenda or for financial gain when submitting the contract for installing it . ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, johnray said:

Yes if you leave something someone will poison or wipe their ass on it.  We learn these things during school days.

Some people haven't grown beyond school days yet, even though they appear adult on the outside !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

So people go jogging nowadays and take loads of stuff that’s valuable with them just so they can leave it on a park bench with their drinking bottle ?

No, the valuables are on their person and they only leave the water bottle on the bench (I don't know why people do this, but go to any park and you'll see that many do). When they come back and pass out after drinking the drugged water, the thief takes the valuables from their unconscious body. I would guess that the stolen goods are mainly cash, phones, and smart watches, since that's about all people are likely to carry while running.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's common practice of both Thais and farang to not carry your water around with you when you do laps in a park in Bangkok, usually not on a bench, which are for sitting, but on a wall or by the side of the path under a bush. I did it in Benjakitti and Benjasiri park for 20 years and never had any problems, although I had a bicycle nicked while doing laps. What happened to these guys is extremely rare, greater chance of getting run over while crossing Sukhumvit to get to the park. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

It's common practice of both Thais and farang to not carry your water around with you when you do laps in a park in Bangkok, usually not on a bench, which are for sitting, but on a wall or by the side of the path under a bush. I did it in Benjakitti and Benjasiri park for 20 years and never had any problems, although I had a bicycle nicked while doing laps. What happened to these guys is extremely rare, greater chance of getting run over while crossing Sukhumvit to get to the park. 

What happened to these guys is extremely rare, greater chance of getting run over while crossing Sukhumvit to get to the park. 

maybe not the best anology as it's possibly quite likely to happen... getting struck by lightning is arguably  better. ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnray said:

Yes if you leave something someone will poison or wipe their ass on it.  We learn these things during school days.

It seems the western world is exporting its' culture in ways that we didn't expect.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Time for putting a Sting operation into place! - I assume the perps haven't been wisened up to the notifications as yet? - considering another strike occured 'after' the word got out 

• Thanks 1