The meaning of life on TV.........

Grusa

So here we all are, we have our usernames and our avatars.

We have this thing, community reputation, and a number. Click, and you get your reputation page, saying "no activity".

We get a breakdown of reactions given, and reactuons received .......not that I care, really. Bit where does this mysterious reputation  number come from....how is it calculated?

Then we have our status, "Senior member", "Newbie", etc., where do they come from?

Am I missing something, is there a file buried somewhere telling us what all that meaningless drivel really means, or is it a random number generator? Will I be condemned and incinerated for daring to ask? Will anyone notice/care? Will I?

Answers please, on the back of a Thai postage stamp, if you can find one.

• Haha 1

Then we have our status, "Senior member", "Newbie", etc., where do they come from?

AFAIK, you become a senior member after about 10 posts - crazy!!  

Your reputation is based on ..er .. not sure.  Mine is currently 11,689 Excellent.  Obviously, my cheques are getting to the right person ????

Edited by simon43
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, simon43 said:

AFAIK, you become a senior member after about 10 posts - crazy!!  

Your reputation is based on ..er .. not sure.  Mine is currently 11,689 Excellent.  Obviously, my cheques are getting to the right person ????

I appreciate your  spelling of  "cheques".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grusa said:

Am I missing something, is there a file buried somewhere telling us what all that meaningless drivel really means, or is it a random number generator? Will I be condemned and incinerated for daring to ask? Will anyone notice/care? Will I?

Answers please, on the back of a Thai postage stamp, if you can find one.

The number in Green is how many people "like" your posts .

You have 818 post likes in over a 1000 posts .

You are not too popular and no many people like your posts.....................sorry to have to be the one who breaks this to you 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, timendres said:

It means our lives have no meaning...

Absolutely correct .

However that said , for so many TV members , it is a means of coping with boredom .    

So sad , get a life , get a Kindle or two ...

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Absolutely correct .

However that said , for so many TV members , it is a means of coping with boredom .    

So sad , get a life , get a Kindle or two ...

I disagree , its better to converse with people, albeit online, rather than sitting at home watching Television or drinking or walking around the streets leering at females 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You are not too popular and no many people like your posts.....................sorry to have to be the one who breaks this to you 

Sadly, it's become more difficult to get 100 likes per post since Obama left office...  "Worst president ever" could always be counted on for double digit likes.  It's still possible to get 50 likes per post if you limit your comments to "hang the pedo" or if you discuss the fragile Thai male ego.

In other words, don't put too much stock in the numbers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every day I read newspapers from many countries. Is it entertainment or information? But I always check this forum here. Many things I could read here helped me a lot. Because they covered problems I and perhaps other expats living HERE might have. If you don't live here it might be a different experience. 

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

i'll just leave these here...

What do the little black dots, under our Avatar, represent?
By Costas2008, June 1, 2014 in Forum support desk

The Dot System Explained
By geronimo, July 23, 2019 in Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life

OK thanks, I have read these. I always suspected, now I KNOW how sad a community is TV. 

I shall be content with  being a nondescript unliked and disrespected member. 

As if I cared......

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

The number in Green is how many people "like" your posts .

You have 818 post likes in over a 1000 posts .

See post #29.

Edited by Grusa
edit: not to be picky, why does this show as #16, when it comes after #29?