711 dog ? family mart dog ? does your 711 or family mart has a dog living here for a long time ? does he look hungry ? location please !

scoupeo

On 6/30/2020 at 9:18 AM, scoupeo said:

First there are enough of good people like you to help feed people (i am sure that you do, right ? you couldn't just have a big mouth online ?), and second, I care animals more than people and I am proud of what I am saying. Thank you for your help, people are so lucky to have someone like you to care about them !

Due to the virus, I have assisted some people in need here with some basic necessities, food being one of them.  

You care for animals more than you care for people.  I wonder where you would be if your parents felt the same.  ????

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, actonion said:

Many of the dogs were put out on the streets by "people"...why should'nt animals eat too?

There within lays the moral dilemma.  

In a perfect world, people and animals are cared for, and neither go hungry.

if your had limited resources (food - not enough to feed both) and were faced with a hungry dog, and a hungry person, who do YOU give the food to?

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Leaver said:

if your had limited resources (food - not enough to feed both) and were faced with a hungry dog, and a hungry person, who do YOU give the food to?

Clearly to the dogs ! At least they didn't have idiots as parents who were not able to think that when we have no money, we don't have kids !

Animals are the only real innocent in this world.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, scoupeo said:

Clearly to the dogs ! At least they didn't have idiots as parents who were not able to think that when we have no money, we don't have kids !

No they likely had dogs as parents I expect.....

Rather a sad case putting animals ahead of humans.......

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:18 AM, scoupeo said:

what was the point of your parents to feed you ? see the result ? ????

And the dog results are More   dogs ,  more  accidents waiting to  happen ,more rabies,more  dog  attacks tell the parents  of a young  kid  mauled by a dog what a "good  deed" you are  doing. its gross  stupidity and  should be classified like pigeon feeding in the UK in London where its  illegal.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Leaver said:

eat  the  dog  is what would  happen ,  certainly in  the  wild.

20 hours ago, scoupeo said:

See all the Thai ADULTS in the food queues?  As adults, it's irrelevant what their parents were thinking decades ago.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bodga said:

eat  the  dog  is what would  happen ,  certainly in  the  wild.

You missed my point.  I agree, a hungry person would kill the dog and eat it, but that was not my example.     

My example is:

Standing before you is a hungry dog and hungry person.  Both malnourished and in desperate need of food.  You have a small amount of food, not enough to provide for both. 

Do you give the food to the person, or the dog? 

The OP says he would give the food to the dog.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Who are you to judge? Many humans are not worth the cost of the ingredients that make up their body.

I would put the life of a rodent before that of Pol Pot, the life of a snake before that of the typical  beer bar/brother operator, and the life of a bug before that of a purveyor of yaba. My resources, and I will decide where it goes. Being human does not make someone  good or worthy of  respect.

I seem to be a better judge than you for one! Anyhow, you are just trolling for attention here, likely you get very little from human beings yourself, and the dogs only do it for the food. I am the stupid one for answering. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, VocalNeal said:

I have only ever seen single dogs lying outside 7-Eleven type stores or any stores.. They all look healthy. 

It is my considered opinion that they lie there for the Aircon that seeps under the door or escapes as the door is opened as i have never seen any of them begging. 

This is true. They don't live there or look for food. It's cool there.

...at least the canines lounging outside Isaan convenience stores do. Maybe Bangkok dogs are different?

On 6/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, Leaver said:

With people in food queues here, it's interesting you advocate feeding hungry dogs, rather than hungry people. 

Leaver, may I express my appreciation with ,a humanitarian, thank you

20 hours ago, John Begg said:

In Chennai India the local government and the Blue Cross catch the dogs, neuter them, cut a notch in their ear to show they are neutered, then after recovery they put them back on the streets where they picked them up. Seems to keep the problem within manageable bounds, and to be a humane approach. Why can't Thailand do the same?

India isn't predominantly Buddhist.

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

You missed my point.  I agree, a hungry person would kill the dog and eat it, but that was not my example.     

My example is:

Standing before you is a hungry dog and hungry person.  Both malnourished and in desperate need of food.  You have a small amount of food, not enough to provide for both. 

Do you give the food to the person, or the dog? 

The OP says he would give the food to the dog.   

As  far as I'm concerned I have already established the op is  not of  sound  mind/judgement.

4 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

I have a dog who shows total loyalty to me and my family.

The neighbour opposite is in gaol for being a pedophile.

Which one should I feed?

If you  don't know you need  help, how  about if he was  only a mass murderer, or  maybe shoplifter, how  about if he was  walking on the grass when the signs said  dont?????

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

See all the Thai ADULTS in the food queues?  As adults, it's irrelevant what their parents were thinking decades ago.  

Any adults having kids should think about their future ! this is why i am proud not having any, i prefer to keep spending my money on luxuries ❤️

On 7/7/2020 at 9:49 PM, jacko45k said:

I seem to be a better judge than you for one! Anyhow, you are just trolling for attention here, likely you get very little from human beings yourself, and the dogs only do it for the food. I am the stupid one for answering. 

You "seem" and that is your perception. Not  a concern for anyone other than you as you would be the one paying the price  for your poor judgement, not me.  No, I am not trolling for attention. A person sought to make a moral judgement in a  biased manner such that his  personal view would be supported, and I do not accept it. Because you disagree and seek to pass judgement on others, you admonish me. You see the issue  as one or the other. Folks with common sense and who  have a history of active benevolent work will cut through the chafe  quickly.

You have no idea as to my work, my personal relationships or my life and you certainly know very little about dog behavior. My resources, and I shall  disburse in a manner I believe appropriate. You love your fellow humans and that is commendable. Go and care for them. There are a few thousand violent offenders including rapists, child molesters, murderers and sadists in Thai jails in need of your empty sentiments. Put together some  food packages for them and go give them a big hug.  I will gladly help a dog in need as will my friends and work colleagues. It  doesn't have to be an all or nothing decision.

22 hours ago, bodga said:

As  far as I'm concerned I have already established the op is  not of  sound  mind/judgement.

You have established nothing save for the fact that you are judging someone you do not know solely on the basis of his compassion for a dog. Because he directs assistance to another  living creature and not the human, you call him unsound. My experience has been that such people are far more likely to render assistance to humans in need than those who would not spare a thought for an animal. The human can ask for assistance, while the animal can not. The human has multiple advantages with which to obtain food, while the dog does not.

Instead of taking into consideration all relevant  facts, you have chosen to decide solely on the basis that one is human and the other is a dog and because you disagree, you call him  "unsound".

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:59 AM, bodga said:

If you  don't know you need  help, how  about if he was  only a mass murderer, or  maybe shoplifter, how  about if he was  walking on the grass when the signs said  dont?????

The question was rhetorical ????

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You certainly know very little about dog behavior.

Au contraire, I know they bounce pretty well off the front of my truck when I drive through the village after a few beers on the way home.... silly buggers hanging around in the road! Bit of a spray with the hose and good to go for tomorrow's sport!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

What the hell, you some kind of psycho. You serious or what? I'm as hard as the next man, in fact my ex UK SO said I was the hardest man she'd met, but unnecessary cruelty is something I don't agree with. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Au contraire, I know they bounce pretty well off the front of my truck when I drive through the village after a few beers on the way home.... silly buggers hanging around in the road! Bit of a spray with the hose and good to go for tomorrow's sport!

Your words speak to your character and you have done a good job of exposing yourself.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:22 AM, geriatrickid said:

Not a moral dilemma and easy to  address.

If the person was a good person and I was certain the person would in turn feed the dog, then I would feed the person.

If the person was not jai dee and I knew that the person would not  help the  dog,  the dog would be cared for.

All this would be determined by observation. Some hungry people are good people, while others are evil, nasty specimens who have received the return on their investment in life.

Who are you to judge? Many humans are not worth the cost of the ingredients that make up their body.

I would put the life of a rodent before that of Pol Pot, the life of a snake before that of the typical  beer bar/brother operator, and the life of a bug before that of a purveyor of yaba. My resources, and I will decide where it goes. Being human does not make someone  good or worthy of  respect.

So, in effect, you would play God, deciding who gets to eat and live, and who starves and dies.  

How do you think you choices will be judged by your own God, one day?  

On 7/8/2020 at 7:44 AM, tiocfaidh said:

I have a dog who shows total loyalty to me and my family.

The neighbour opposite is in gaol for being a pedophile.

Which one should I feed?

The child victim of the pedophile neighbour.  

• Haha 1

It's posts like these that bring out the best and the worst of society. Animal lovers around know that strays are a problem, but until the people of Thailand start spaying/neutering their dogs, this will continue. It's the governments job to protect the people here, and that also means animal control and protection. It doesn't cost much to fix a dog (or cat), and this would stop future pregnancies and unwanted animals from every stray or owned animal. I've seen here where a dog has a continuous supply of puppies and when they were weaned, the puppies were dropped off in the woods to fend for themselves. This instead of paying the few baht to get the dog fixed to solve the problem. If you don't like dogs, avoid them. I've been bit one time in my life and that was when I crossed a wire to look at a motorcycle back in the US. The dog was protecting it's property and was a tiny dog, although it did tear my pants. I laughed even though the owner apologized. i said forget it, it's his land. A few times  I've seen dogs come at me, and I stood my ground and they backed off. If they would have attacked, I would have ran because getting bit isn't fun. I'm a dog owner and I love animals, but a stray dog is a problem and needs to be picked up and found a home, and fixed, by government paid veterinarians. People who poison animals are disturbed. people who take out their anger on animals are disturbed. people who hurt animals will hurt people. It's part of a sociopath's behavior. When I see dogs at 7-11, I walk around them. It isn't hard, unless you have a walker and can't get around them. Wanting to exterminate dogs is deranged. Yes, they need to be controlled, and sometimes euthanization is necessary, but lumping all dogs into this category shows the mindset of some here. Being antisocial is an affront to anyone who has empathy. Your comments sicken people like me, and you don't get it so trying to explain this to you won't help. If you don't want to help the dogs, don't. I've had dogs poisoned and the person responsible is lucky I didn't catch them, because not being able to walk leads to a hard life. If you want to help, talk to the local Society for the Protection of Animals. Donate, give them feedback. They are the ones that need to talk to the government about a plan to control the overpopulation. Stopping future pregnancies is the answer, not exterminating a dog's life just because he gets in your way when you're walking to bet a beer. 

• Like 1