EU to allow in visitors from Thailand

webfact

EU to allow in visitors from Thailand

AP20179390592214.jpg

Thailand is among 14 countries whose citizens are deemed “safe” to be let into EU from 1 July, despite the pandemic, according to BBC.

It said the US, Brazil and China are excluded but the EU is ready to add China if the Chinese government offers a reciprocal deal for EU travelers.

EU border controls have been lifted for EU citizens travelling inside the bloc. Rules for UK travellers are covered separately in the Brexit negotiations.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eu-to-allow-in-visitors-from-thailand/

thaipbs.jpg

Well that is just so comforting to know.  I live here in Thailand but am not a citizen, so who gives 3 <deleted>es about being able to travel to the EU.  If we could fly there then unless we met the stringent conditions put in place by this government we would not be able to return whence we came.  Sorry for the flame.

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand is among 14 countries whose citizens are deemed “safe” to be let into EU from 1 July, despite the pandemic, according to BBC

• Like 2

This morning I had an e mail from one travel company with a 'leaked list' ( no proof given ) that Thailand will be one of the countries on the uk traffic light system as 'green'. 

This would mean no need for the 14 day isolation on return.

Think I'd wait a while. ????????????????

It doesn't mention what would be the requirements Thailand may impose on UK visitors.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

I have a US passport but I haven't been in the US since the first half of last November. I went to Germany for three weeks and then since Dec. 6 I've been in Thailand except for a two week trip to Vietnam before the shutdowns started. But it likely goes by passport, not history of location, so the headline "allow in visitors from Thailand" is misleading, because I'm "from Thailand" but wouldn't have a chance-setting aside the question of whether I would want to go there at this time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I have a US passport but I haven't been in the US since the first half of last November. I went to Germany for three weeks and then since Dec. 6 I've been in Thailand except for a two week trip to Vietnam before the shutdowns started. But it likely goes by passport, not history of location, so the headline "allow in visitors from Thailand" is misleading, because I'm "from Thailand" but wouldn't have a chance-setting aside the question of whether I would want to go there at this time.

Think you're right on the passport idea. If it wasn't based on passport it would mean any nationality allowed to fly to the EU from here.

China-Thailand for a week or two-then EU.

Its a good news for me, as now my wife can travel again in France with me. We was supposed to go there for 2 months in april.

Now i "only" have the problem to make sure i will be able to come back in Thailand after, i feel its not going to be easy with the virus still happily spreeding there even if most of the French think its over and many start refusing to wear mask because now "only" 10-20 peoples dying from it everyday...  and them wonder how country like Thailand got lucky with the COVID.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Will be fun when an EU lab finds infected coming in from Thailand, while the official counts remain at zero.

Right, anything official in Thailand should be taken with a grain of salt.

Because it's how the officials want to see it to satisfy their superiors all the way up.

Same ridiculous idea with denial and no existing prostitution in Thailand while outsiders know it's probably the worlds biggest brothel.

Edited by CLW
typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deli said:

The EU MUST call for a reciproce deal from all 14 countries. They cannot make exceptions for special friends. It's all or nothing.

No, they "must" not. They can do whatever they like.

You and me will be stranded and no Thailand for us 555

• Like 1

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

This morning I had an e mail from one travel company with a 'leaked list' ( no proof given ) that Thailand will be one of the countries on the uk traffic light system as 'green'. 

This would mean no need for the 14 day isolation on return.

Think I'd wait a while. ????????????????

It doesn't mention what would be the requirements Thailand may impose on UK visitors.

EU citizens can travel within the bloc with some exceptions.

Not all EU countries are open to UK travellers. 

8 hours ago, Enzian said:

You qualify by country, not nationality.

13 minutes ago, Letseng said:

EU citizens can travel within the bloc with some exceptions.

Not all EU countries are open to UK travellers. 

The UK is no longer a EU member since 1st February 2020.

Why should they be allowed in, given the high daily infections?

Edited by CLS

17 minutes ago, CLS said:

You qualify by country, not nationality.

And this is written and confirmed where....on a piece of permanent parchment or something that can be flushed or round filed?  Never Have I heard that when a country is open for travel by citizens it includes those of other nationalities unless you are considered a permanent resident.

Edited by ThailandRyan

54 minutes ago, overherebc said:
4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Of course it doesn't... because the article is about EU. :whistling:

At the moment UK is still in the EU. ????

27 minutes ago, kingdong said:

of which uk is still a fully paid up member

Uh? :unsure:

I think that UK is already out of EU, but must respect EU rules and fees until end of this year.

See The 27 member countries of the EU on the EU official website. No more UK, but this: "The United Kingdom withdrew from the European Union on 31 January 2020."

And don't you remember this? :

zzz.jpg

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Think you're right on the passport idea. If it wasn't based on passport it would mean any nationality allowed to fly to the EU from here.

China-Thailand for a week or two-then EU.

If someone has an EU passport (for example a Western dual national) and currently in Thailand, can they now fly to any EU country they wish?

If someone with an EU passport enters any EU country of their choosing, are there any limits as to how long they can stay in that country without a visa?