Thailand Plans Open Borders for High-Spenders on Private Planes

webfact

7 minutes ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

High-end spenders on private planes! Ha, ha, ha haven't had a good laugh like that in a long time! They must be dreaming or high to think that!

I dont know about you but I cant decide if I want to fly in on my Learjet or my Gulf-air...Its so hard to decide.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

FYI, on 17 June, Singapore opened a fast-track, non-quarantine visitor channel for foreigners from Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mainland China, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. They have also initiated a 'fast lane' for residents in China who need to make essential business or official travel between Singapore and the six fast lane regions in China (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang).

Now, back to the Thai bashing.

Here's the kicker. The following is the list of foreign countries for whom the UK government have just waived quarantine-on-arrival.

No prizes for guessig who didn't get invited.

Andorra

Germany

New Zealand

Antigua and Barbuda

Greece

Norway

Aruba

Greenland

Poland

Australia

Grenada

Réunion

Austria

Guadeloupe

San Marino

Bahamas

Hong Kong

Serbia

Barbados

Hungary

Seychelles

Belgium

Iceland

South Korea

Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba

Italy

Spain

Croatia

Jamaica

St Barthélemy

Curaçao

Japan

St Kitts and Nevis

Cyprus

Liechtenstein

St Lucia

Czech Republic

Lithuania

St Pierre and Miquelon

Denmark

Luxembourg

Switzerland

Dominica

Macau

Taiwan

Faroe Islands

Malta

Trinidad and Tobago

Fiji

Mauritius

Turkey

Finland

Monaco

Vatican City

France

Netherlands

Vietnam

French Polynesia

New Caledonia

Only one ASEAN country made the grade.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/03/full-list-countries-exempt-uk-travel-quarantine/

1 hour ago, ooyha said:

seems to me everytime the police arrest some crooks its the bleeding chinese.wonderful tourists

Yeah like the guy who chinned the chemist, the other one who is ex-Marine, arrested twice, and the sword waving Canadian on the roof.

Chinese to a man.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Here's the kicker. The following is the list of foreign countries for whom the UK government have just waived quarantine-on-arrival.

Andorra

Germany

New Zealand

Antigua and Barbuda

Greece

Norway

Aruba

Greenland

Poland

Australia

Grenada

Réunion

Austria

Guadeloupe

San Marino

Bahamas

Hong Kong

Serbia

Barbados

Hungary

Seychelles

Belgium

Iceland

South Korea

Italy

Spain

Croatia

Jamaica

St Barthélemy

Curaçao

Japan

St Kitts and Nevis

Cyprus

Liechtenstein

St Lucia

Czech Republic

Lithuania

St Pierre and Miquelon

Denmark

Luxembourg

Switzerland

Dominica

Macau

Taiwan

Faroe Islands

Malta

Trinidad and Tobago

Fiji

Mauritius

Turkey

Finland

Monaco

Vatican City

France

Netherlands

Vietnam

French Polynesia

New Caledonia

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/03/full-list-countries-exempt-uk-travel-quarantine/

Well, Thailand is on the list  of 14 countries whose citizens allowed to enter Schengen...and there is no talk of quarantine other than on a voluntary basis

So, fly to any country of that zone then go to UK should not be a problem.

Kindly note that, individually, each country has the right to reduce their list. 

This again is just so sick. Like children dreaming while playing in the sandbox. Are these stupid Thai officials children? Yes private airplane big big spenders will come sooo many you need to build one more airport to can handle them...

Those who had really big money they came already dispite bans. They just paid the immigration. Travrlling was always possible for the rich and special. Some even fly multiple times to Munich and back and forth...and back...during corona lockdowns

Edited by P100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rucker4012 said:

Parking private jets is a problem. Phuket had a plan to open a private jet terminal. Don't know if that ever happened. Most Intl airports have no provision for overnight pkg much less weekly spots. If Thailand ever opened up civil aviation like the marine industry, thousands of jobs would be created. Thailand would not accept my USA license unless signed by FAA Administrator. All FAA license are online.

Several sentences. Complete rubbish. Please do some more research before you post again.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Andorra

Germany

New Zealand

Antigua and Barbuda

Greece

Norway

Aruba

Greenland

Poland

Australia

Grenada

Réunion

Austria

Guadeloupe

San Marino

Bahamas

Hong Kong

Serbia

Barbados

Hungary

Seychelles

Belgium

Iceland

South Korea

Italy

Spain

Croatia

Jamaica

St Barthélemy

Curaçao

Japan

St Kitts and Nevis

Cyprus

Liechtenstein

St Lucia

Czech Republic

Lithuania

St Pierre and Miquelon

Denmark

Luxembourg

Switzerland

Dominica

Macau

Taiwan

Faroe Islands

Malta

Trinidad and Tobago

Fiji

Mauritius

Turkey

Finland

Monaco

Vatican City

France

Netherlands

Vietnam

French Polynesia

New Caledonia

China, obviously, didn't. - But as usual, in Thailand, they always roll out the red carpet for the Chinese first...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If I borrowed the Iron Man suit and flew in would I be treated as a rich Hi-So, if so I will go to the mall and buy one, then act like I just landed at the airport, albeit outside of the terminal area....

Id suggest  a  cartoon  character instead,  easier  to  understand for  many.

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Have they even begun to think this through? This would likely bring a mere handful to a country that needs millions to restore anything like normality to the travel sector. Thailand has been very fortunate with Covid and to let anyone in who has a few bucks more than average early seems like asking for trouble.

Maybe they'll have another go at enticing the rich Indians, the last effort failed.

Why would wealthy person with a private jet want to come to Thailand anyway?

What "world class" attractions, events, social scene or reason would attract them?

Feels like a loophole for chartered private 737's from Europe to me...

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 6:41 AM, kwonitoy said:

Doesn't "Boss" the Red Bull@#$t heir have a

Private jet

Is rich rich rich

Well then roll out the red carpet, we love you toooo much

Hm,...Ex prime minister of Thailand Thaksin Shinawatra also has his private plane !!!

On 7/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, YetAnother said:

never about health ,fairness or greater good; only about money

Sounds like any capitalist "free market" based system to me.  Justice and health and education are not for the poor, sorry. 

• Like 1

Park yer hang glider, stroll thro' immigration with

goggles and flying helmet, tell em you got loads

o' dosh and a private aircraft outside and you want

to see the famous exotic Walking Street. 

No probs.

4 minutes ago, i Phad said:

It is times like this that make me embarrassed to be Thai.....

Such idiots.

They have just insulted the 30,000,000 annual tourists who don't have their own plane.

haha, dont worry about it, we're not that sensitive, and dont take what the thai government says too seriously ????

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, GAZZPA said:

It's staggering to me to think that the Thai authorities believe rich people are immune to the virus.. I won't even go into this because it is obvious to anybody with a functioning brain. Never mind, sunny day today, I'm off for a walk..

And yet they have likely not spent five minutes pondering the sacrifices required for the ability to attract this caliber of tourist. 

Easing luxury taxes to 20%, so the fat cats can spend $5,000 to $50,000 on baling while visiting. This is a not a dumb group of people. They will not spend double or true just because they are here, despite what the arrogant and ignorant authorities think. 

Lower wine taxes from 360%, to 80%. It would boost the economy and make Thailand more attractive for the rich who will NOT spend $1,300 for a bottle of wine they can get for $250 elsewhere. 

Simplify visa policy, or have a customs officer come to the plane like they do in many civilized nations. 

Improve high speed domestic travel. Increase access to private helicopter travel. 

I could go on for days. Saying you want super rich tourists, and then doing nothing progressive to attract them, tells us who you are, and why you are so spactacularly unsuccessful in what you do, Mr. Pipat. 

All the arm chair Thaivisa experts who predicted Thailand would collapse under Covid 19 really should shut the hell up now. Thailand coped admirably, and rpatriated its own. Next comes business people , investors and spouses and kids. The 1st "tourists " will be the wealthy because they are a small population that generally spend a lot. Its only the start , but its logical . Whats to whinge about ?

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, TexasRanger said:

Meanwhile they have made it incredibly difficult for people to reunite with their families who have been seperated for months. Disgusting.

They'll get over it.