New​ requirements requested from embassy to return

1 hour ago, rimmae2 said:

Please provide evidence from an official source that on application as stated below is required and from when this requirement was introduced:

1 on application

1 72 hours before departure

"Please note that your copies of Covid-free health certificate (item 1.5) and Fit-to-fly health certificate (item 1.6) are required for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand's consideration. Once you. application is approved, you are required to again obtain Covid-free health certificate (item 3.3) and Fit-to-fly health certificate (item 3.4) which must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure."

Nothing new with that. It´s the requirement since they started granting entry again. Has been in threads before.

If you understand why is not relevant at all. You just have two choices. Comply with the requirements and get your visa. Reunite with your wife and kids. Or you can just refuse and stay home. Sorry, I know it´s rock hard to post like this, but that´s the cold hard facts.

Edited by Matzzon

9 minutes ago, domomc said:

"Please note that your copies of Covid-free health certificate (item 1.5) and Fit-to-fly health certificate (item 1.6) are required for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand's consideration. Once you. application is approved, you are required to again obtain Covid-free health certificate (item 3.3) and Fit-to-fly health certificate (item 3.4) which must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure."

So incredibly difficult, especially from the UK as has already been noted by another poster.  Unless you are really desperate it may be better just to wait until things are relaxed a bit more.

Personally I'm hoping for some relaxation around entry to Thailand from New Zealand which is basically covid-free. I can fly down there, stay for 2 weeks in free managed isolation, come out and see my family there for a few days, and then fly to Thailand from there. That is only if they have a more relaxed rule on entry from NZ.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, JusticeGB said:

The UK is providing the corridors for countries which have reciprocal rules. Obviously Thailand doesn't have reciprocal rules with all the ridiculous rules they have put in place to enable people to come to Thailand. TAT is destroying tourism not creating it!

The agreements between UK and other countries are bilateral. It means that Thailand might not consider UK as a safe country at the moment. UK just recently opened up. 

I paid$NZD350/THB7000 yesterday for the swab/ covid test + fit to fly medical to appease the Thai embassy NZ request. I have submitted all other dox incl ASQ booking, health insurance, flight booking (all paid for) details along with letters from my wife, her hospital, my employer, myself, marriage/ birth/ bank certs etc. 

Married with children, I'll comply per instruction until repatriated, per statements issued by Thai MoFA. 

2 minutes ago, domomc said:

I paid$NZD350/THB7000 yesterday for the swab/ covid test + fit to fly medical to appease the Thai embassy NZ request. I have submitted all other dox incl ASQ booking, health insurance, flight booking (all paid for) details along with letters from my wife, her hospital, my employer, myself, marriage/ birth/ bank certs etc. 

Married with children, I'll comply per instruction until repatriated, per statements issued by Thai MoFA. 

You have to do it if that's what they dictate, but it seems a pain when another embassy clearly states the test, fit to fly cert and air ticket are not required for MFA approval and can be arranged later.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jimn said:

Not correct. I can name Australia, New Zealand, who are not allowing people in. I think there are others too.

Practically all Asian countries are closed to non-nationals with limited exceptions similar to Thailand's.

Essentially only Europe is open without quarantines and covid testing.

Does a Thai returning on a repatriation flight have to provide the Fit to Fly and Covis19 Certificates, can I book my own flight ? 
I raised the queries with the London Embassy but all they did was forward an application form in Thai.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I know what the COVID test is... But what the heck exactly is a "fit to fly" certificate?

Fit To Fly is a pretty standard document. Written by your family Dt. Or most walkin clinics. All it states is you appear to be physically fit to travel. All mine did was ask if i had any reason to believe i was unfit to fly, took my temperature and blood pressure.

5 minutes in and out.

29 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Does a Thai returning on a repatriation flight have to provide the Fit to Fly and Covis19 Certificates, can I book my own flight ? 
I raised the queries with the London Embassy but all they did was forward an application form in Thai.

My wife and daughter only needed the fit to fly. They did not ask for the covid19 test.

Just now, rct99q said:

My wife and daughter only needed the fit to fly. They did not ask for the covid19 test.

Thanks for the info, has your wife and daughter returned, did you book the flights, if so where were they quarantined and did you have to pay for the hotel ?

My partners Tourist Visa expires the 1st week in September, I don’t think at this time I will be allowed to return to Thailand with her and our son.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nothing new with that. It´s the requirement since they started granting entry again. Has been in threads before.

If you understand why is not relevant at all. You just have two choices. Comply with the requirements and get your visa. Reunite with your wife and kids. Or you can just refuse and stay home. Sorry, I know it´s rock hard to post like this, but that´s the cold hard facts.

The PRE, note pre Covid-19 testing prior to application for the COE is new.

It is a new requirement of the Royal Thai embassy in NZ which they divulged late on Friday in a reply email after enquiring as to the status of my application. 

Yes I understand why tests are required 72 hrs before flights. 

I don't understand why Covid-19 tests are required to post an APPLICATION for the COE but concede after 20 years living in the Kingdom I do understand well how it rolls. 

I did the test yesterday, 7000thb. It's costly, time consuming and needlessly putting strain onto many, imo. I don't understand the need at this initial stage. 

• Like 2

My conspiracy theory, for years Thailand has been trying to make it a family friendly destination more so Pattaya. By imposing the 22 restrictions on entertainment venues many can not reopen maybe forever therefore Covid19 has done what the government have been trying to do for years forcing the ‘entertainment’ places out of business ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robbioff said:

I’m in Sri Lanka. On my application form I wrote “I’ll book flights and asq when I get my Cert. of Entry”. My application was submitted 3 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear...

Don’t pay for ASQ or flights until you get your Certificate. Getting your money back could be a problem!

Thank you, Robbioff.

would the lack of asq and flight bookings be the cause for delays decisions on your application?

please keep us informed of the results of your application.

59 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

20200705_161118.jpg

20200705_161121.jpg

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I believe the answer is yes and (ino f you mean a returning Thai)  If you mean an expat with a COE then the second question may be yes.

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I believe the answer is yes and (ino f you mean a returning Thai)  If you mean an expat with a COE then the second question may be yes.

Looking at the replies my partner and son would only need a F to F Cert, she is very reluctant to be confined in a hotel room for 14 days with our 5 year old son. The reason I was asking about flights is my partner and son have vouchers from B.A. for flights from Newcastle via Heathrow to BKK, I think flights are available to London from Newcastle but according to B.A. flights are not resuming to BKK until September although they did say the could route them through Qatar. We have a few weeks to see what the Thai Government do with regards to lifting restrictions although I won’t hold my breath on that, I will complete the application for repatriation just in case things change.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, dbrenn said:

The UK has just lifted quarantine restrictions for arrivals from 50 or so countries, but Thailand isn't on the list even though it has controlled Covid pretty well.

I have a freind who flew back to the uk a little more than a month ago.

She required a passport and a flight.

No quarrantine, no contact tracing.

Im not sure there ever was a quarantine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

There is a quarantine still in force, on arrival you give the address where you are staying, they can sot checks to see if you are there.

12 minutes ago, n00dle said:

The UK imposed a quarantine from June 8th for all arrivals.

From July 10th, the quarantine will be lifted for Countries not deemed high risk.

Surprisingly, Thailand isn't on that list.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, RichardColeman said:

so you now need two tests for covid, 1 for apply and 1 before fly ? Getting silly now

Going to test the water bring my wife to the uk for a few months, Thailand is dissapearing up its own bottom in paperwork currently.

don't blame them a bit - for your country could look good on paper now but in 4 weeks when you're ready to depart your nation could be a cesspool of disease - stay vigilant Thailand..

3 hours ago, treetops said:

You have to do it if that's what they dictate, but it seems a pain when another embassy clearly states the test, fit to fly cert and air ticket are not required for MFA approval and can be arranged later.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

What is on the Thai Embassy in London website is what I was informed by the Thai Ambassador and separately by Consular Staff in the country that I am in, that is in terms of Covid-19 free and FTF health certificates not being required when application is made, but when approval in principle has been given. If it has changed and applies to where I am/all locations then I and others have no option. However, I do not think it has been a requirement previously from what I have been told by people who have received CoE and official documents.

I have paid for a ticket and ASQ, dates of both of which can be changed. If for any reason not available will buy a new ticket and pay for different ASQ as necessary. Small price to pay.

I can only respond to the UK. I had a Covid test done last week at a government test centre. A negative result was with me within 24 hours. However,  the embassy in London are not accepting the NHS / UK Government test result saying they need the lab results too. Needless to say I could not get the lab results from the NHS.  The only way to get the lab results is to do a commercial / private test done ( twice )

6. A copy of your health insurance policy with coverage including COVID-related treatment in Thailand in the amount no less than 100,000 USD (or a company letter certifying that they will pay for your medical expenses including COVID-19)    

Has anyone gotten a company letter in lieu of a health insurance policy? My school is not sure how to write one.

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My conspiracy theory, for years Thailand has been trying to make it a family friendly destination more so Pattaya. By imposing the 22 restrictions on entertainment venues many can not reopen maybe forever therefore Covid19 has done what the government have been trying to do for years forcing the ‘entertainment’ places out of business ?

Said it before, and now seemingly being reinforced with each abstruse new requirement.

"It just confirms quite a few peoples opinion that this scenario is an ideal opportunity for the authorities to impose their longtime hidden agenda to keep farangs out of the country period.  Even though it's getting a bit easier to get to the UK, I won't be doing so until I'm 100% sure I can get back". 

Thailand must open up to Tourists sooner or later, this virus is not going to go away, the unemployment figures must run into millions and the poverty levels increasing dramatically. Can the government just keep moving the goalposts allowing people to starve, I will answer that yes there not bothered, the rich are getting richer whilst the baht is so strong.

• Like 2