CAAT’s recommendations for 11 exempt types of travellers planning a trip to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

I’m curious if this translates into;

if I have a return ticket within two weeks I don’t need insurance in quarantine.

Can you bypass insurance and quarantine requirement if you have a fully refundable ticket for returning to your own country within two weeks.

If you’re on this category, will they just give you permission to stay for two weeks, or will it be a standard 60 day permission to stay and you can extend it later.

But tourists are still not allowed in. 

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think, pretty much, the above list and categories is more or less a recap of the things/groups that have already been on the table...

The one newish thing they seem to have codified here are the differences in requirements for those staying two weeks or less vs. those staying longer than two weeks.

Short term visitors would get a COVID test at the airport but no quarantine. Long term visitors would get the quarantine....

But I don't know what the OP article means when it talks about CAAT "recommendations."  Recommendations to who?  So are these actual government rules and policies now, or just CAAT recommending these to some other part of Thai govt???

haha i read that too, why is the CAAT seeming involved in decisions on who can and cannot enter thailand? maybe it's just a badly written unclear article.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, samsensam said:

haha i read that too, why is the CAAT seeming involved in decisions on who can and cannot enter thailand? maybe it's just a badly written unclear article.

CAAT has the final say apparently on all flights entering Thailand, and are the ones who shut down the airports to began with when the international flights were initially stopped.  However, my memory may have faded. But here is the link to the policy manual:

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CAAT-Enforcement-Policy-Manual.pdf

Edited by ThailandRyan

52 minutes ago, RtotheC said:

For the average English teacher @35k a month, they would have to pay 60k+ to meet all requirements and also complete the visa paperwork before they even get to thailand. I cant wait to see how this plays out... 

Flights, insurance, quarantine, tests, will cost over 120,000 thb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Tourism for this year is dead and buried and maybe well into 2021. This country's economy is going to hit an all time low. I may just sell my Thai Baht now!

It doesn’t work like that and even if it were to other countries have similar or worse issues. £ $ € which do you think will protect you better?

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Tourism for this year is dead and buried and maybe well into 2021. This country's economy is going to hit an all time low. I may just sell my Thai Baht now!

It's not only Thailand sir, tourism will be minimal everywhere. 

22 minutes ago, lassebasse said:

I find it strange that CAAT are making up all these rules, in my home country it is the Foreign Ministry that decide these things. No wonder that Thai consulates around the world cannot inform people who try to ask about travelling to Thailand.

These are not rules. These are their recommendations to the foreign minister or whoever has the final say.

5 hours ago, MadMac said:

Pirouette....and here we dance 

I believe the PM watches this each morning before deciding on which regs to change that day........

• Like 1

Another case of tail chasing red tape Thai nonsense. I think the vast majority of people just won’t bother until some form of normality returns. As hard as it is to be away for so long I will wait. I just wonder how much of a mess the economy will be in when I finally get back.

Thailand tourism will be EXTINCT if they persist with this 100K USA valued insurance policy! Pensioners for starters could never afford it! Australians have Medicare which covers most things for FREE!!!! If you think they are going to spend 5/6/7K on a insurance policy for a 2 week vacation your crazy! The rest of the world "mostly" has a similar equation of their populations. 

Think again Thailand or close your beaches, hotels, malls, restaurants and bars. Cambodia has a 3k refundable deposit system. They are about to become a rich country, if Thailand doesn't act quickly.

Obviously they don't want tourists now. Only those who have a serious reason to come (family, etc.).

Tests are acceptable i think, and make sense. The quarantine non-sense (obvious here with the quarantine only if you stay too long and although you had two tests and a certificate), insurance, paperwork, will not bring tourism back, for sure. They are not stupid so it's not a goal.

This should not surprise, makes a few years they want to change their tourism business (witch was huge and great since 50 years or more). Long or multiple stays not welcome since years. Now it's "dirty" farangs good luck if you still want to come and do not stay more than 2 weeks.

I just wonder how they will deal with the Chineese tourism. Was becoming more and more important. I guess they will continue in that specific and only direction (possibly with India too, massive market), but maybe not right now. 

It's the new Thailand... Their country, their right. Has been an amazing good time before for many happy farangs, and a very good business for many Thaïs people too. Now many other countries will be happy to take this business. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

*For Tourists  

who is heck is going to come as a tourist for 3 weeks when 2 weeks has to be in quarantine ..lol

well,  it certainly going to stop further transmission and infections.

I expect this may become the norm everywhere from now on ......

image.png.22a792d605b1748b8a59524acfbcc2a0.png

None... 

• Like 1

I would love to contribute to this topic, but every time I try to read it the text jumps, because a new advert has been added or rotated.  It is driving me mad and has been driving me mad all year.  Maybe time to choose a different forum.  I will also complain to 'mods'.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Obviously they don't want tourists now. Only those who have a serious reason to come (family, etc.).

Tests are acceptable i think, and make sense. The quarantine non-sense (obvious here with the quarantine only if you stay too long and although you had two tests and a certificate), insurance, paperwork, will not bring tourism back, for sure. They are not stupid so it's not a goal.

This should not surprise, makes a few years they want to change their tourism business (witch was huge and great since 50 years or more). Long or multiple stays not welcome since years. Now it's "dirty" farangs good luck if you still want to come and do not stay more than 2 weeks.

I just wonder how they will deal with the Chineese tourism. Was becoming more and more important. I guess they will continue in that specific and only direction (possibly with India too, massive market), but maybe not right now. 

It's the new Thailand... Their country, their right. Has been an amazing good time before for many happy farangs, and a very good business for many Thaïs people too. Now many other countries will be happy to take this business. 

Come for 2 weeks and <deleted> off again.

This list really look impression as hell a lot of time and thought went into it especially the translation I wonder now whether any of those who put their thoughts into it even understand themselves had to enter Thailand can fullfill all these requirements.

One left off the list how long after entry does a person has to bend over and take it?????

• Haha 1