CAAT’s recommendations for 11 exempt types of travellers planning a trip to Thailand

webfact

On 7/9/2020 at 4:05 AM, newcomer71 said:

I remember when someone was boasting their money and show in other's people face they have the magnificent Elite visa... It's not so magnificent after all, I guess.

They forgot to add a covid exemption clause in the elite visa.

Edited by i84teen

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

A friend of mine who is a HK citizen has just managed to get a flight back to HK after 6 months in the UK.

He had to have a test on arrival at HK airport and couldn't leave the airport until he had a negative result, about 10 hours. A positive result and you leave in an ambulance.

After getting the test results he and his wife were fitted with a tracker and had to go straight home and not allowed to leave home for 14 days. Since arriving home they have been supplied with a test kit which they must use on the 15th day and get a negative result before the tracker will be removed.

Maybe you would prefer a similar arrangement over that proposed by the Thai government.

So how do he and his wife manage to eat and drink if they can't leave home for 14days ? Home delivery pizza every day?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think it would be the majority actually who would prefer this. A 10 hour wait over a designated quarantine where you have no idea of the facilities and whether you can be together with your wife, or quarantine at home, with your wife and home comforts. A no brainer. Wearing a wrist tracker is no inconvenience, better than having your phone tracked.

As usual off on a tangent. Where did I say you could quarantine with others, it is self isolation and heavy penalties for contravention.

My friend was at home with his wife as they traveled together, if you travel alone it's a different matter. If self isolation is difficult you go into a government facility.

16 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

So how do he and his wife manage to eat and drink if they can't leave home for 14days ? Home delivery pizza every day?

I believe it was deliveries, never actually asked.

Friend of mine and his wife in the UK haven't left their home for around 14 weeks. They were getting food delivered by the council and had to ask them to stop as they were getting more than they could eat. Now they just ring up for a delivery now and again.

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

As usual off on a tangent. Where did I say you could quarantine with others, it is self isolation and heavy penalties for contravention.

My friend was at home with his wife as they traveled together, if you travel alone it's a different matter. If self isolation is difficult you go into a government facility.

? I never said that, I said if you go home to quarantine then you can be with your wife. You're very touchy, calm down a little

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

? I never said that, I said if you go home to quarantine then you can be with your wife. You're very touchy, calm down a little

Don't quote me and change the context, it's against the rules.

If you wish to misinterpret the HK system then do it under your own name, not mine.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Don't quote me and change the context, it's against the rules.

If you wish to misinterpret the HK system then do it under your own name, not mine.

Now I know you've lost it I didn't quote you at all, go ahead report it please do........????

I suggest you read my original post again it seems your having a problem making sense of it, unfortunately I cannot help you further

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Now I know you've lost it I didn't quote you at all, go ahead report it please do........????

So whose post did you quote in your post No 111.

Typical TVF escape route - denial.