CAAT’s recommendations for 11 exempt types of travellers planning a trip to Thailand

webfact

There is such confusion and regulated new flying rules right now... I know I wouldn't want to fly right now unless I had no choice! So you think there will be tourist coming to Thailand...it will be much fewer than what TAT thinks! I've booked a holiday to Koh Lipe and I'm not flying from Pattaya... I will drive...for me it's less hassle!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Tourism for this year is dead and buried and maybe well into 2021. This country's economy is going to hit an all time low. I may just sell my Thai Baht now!

Get it into Bitcoin, gold or other appreciating assets and out of fiat and out of the hands of the banks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

I’m curious if this translates into;

if I have a return ticket within two weeks I don’t need insurance in quarantine.

Can you bypass insurance and quarantine requirement if you have a fully refundable ticket for returning to your own country within two weeks.

If you’re on this category, will they just give you permission to stay for two weeks, or will it be a standard 60 day permission to stay and you can extend it later.

Yes, there's a lot of questions to be answered.

However Its only CAATs recommendations, not from the CCSA so I dont think anything can be assumed.

Its all as clear as mud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But I don't know what the OP article means when it talks about CAAT "recommendations."  Recommendations to who?  So are these actual government rules and policies now, or just CAAT recommending these to some other part of Thai govt???

With no indication of any land border reopening, it can safely be assumed that 100% of the people in these 11 exempted types will be arriving by air. Therefore, it makes sense that CAAT would be making these recommendations to the government as CAAT is the Thai state entity that will advise all airlines, both domestic and foreign, of these rules.

Note that in all the previous announcements from initial flight bans to easing of restrictions to the subsequent Thai repatriation flight effort, CAAT has always led with the initial announcements before they were formally endorsed via a CCSA statement and officially promulgated in the Royal Gazette.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

With no indication of any land border reopening, it can safely be assumed that 100% of the people in these 11 exempted types will be arriving by air. Therefore, it makes sense that CAAT would be making these recommendations to the government as CAAT is the Thai state entity that will advise all airlines, both domestic and foreign, of these rules.

Note that in all the previous announcements from initial flight bans to easing of restrictions to the subsequent Thai repatriation flight effort, CAAT has always led with the initial announcements before they were formally endorsed via a CCSA statement and officially promulgated in the Royal Gazette.

If the FAA in the US started holding press conferences and issuing announcements stating who could enter the country and what health requirements those people would have to meet, the first question that reporters would ask would be, "excuse me, but why is the aviation regulator making decisions about immigration and health, rather than the departments in charge of those matters?"

I can sort of understand if the government has chosen CAAT as the entity that will be responsible for passing entry requirements on to the airlines - even though that's rather unusual - but CAAT's statements always make it sound as though they came up with the rules by themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1