CAAT’s recommendations for 11 exempt types of travellers planning a trip to Thailand

webfact

what a farce, I understand wanting to be cautious but this is the wrong way to go about things. 
If you open the borders you WILL get infections whatever you do. The trick is to handle the infections properly, track, trace and test. 
When discovering an outbreak, clean and lockdown that area, and if possible contact people who have been in that area. 
Make sure everybody wears a mask and practices common sense and hygiene. 
In doing this you can open up businesses and minimise spread rate. 
This isn't something Thailand can do though thinking about it, it beyond them. Then again, my homeland England is ballsing things right up 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah, we don't care that you invested some big money bought a condo that is your permanent home and want to get back

I've been saying this for years now...

ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO RENT* ????

*Nothing is permanent, including you

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SW Happy said:

Have retirement visa and live there full time, came to UK in March for 2 weeks and was not able to get back

You admit you don't live in Thailand "full time".  I presume you were born in the UK and have a UK passport?  Making unwise investments in another country doesn't make  you a citizen.

I'm sorry you have to learn that lesson the hard way, but I presume your customers in Thailand all think the same way as you and think they're making a "great investment".

Truth is just investing in a Stock market index fund provides greater returns without the EXTREME risks of real estate investing.

PT Barnum was an optimist. ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I've been saying this for years now...

ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO RENT* ????

*Nothing is permanent, including you

I got a full family with kids. My house was really built for the wife and kids to have a solid pillar to always call home and come back to. I know we foreigners are disposable in their racist brains. If comes to it I can move on, but it will come with great difficulty of heart ache I might add. 

Will they ever have the common sense to release a provision for anti-body testing? I have already had covid and about to receive my second negative test. I do not even know how to accomplish the test that is needed 72 hours before flight. Test results are heavily delayed in the U.S. anywhere from 7 - 14 days for results. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Test results are heavily delayed in the U.S. anywhere from 7 - 14 days for results. 

You need to pay for the tests to get speedy results or have insurance.

Sounds like you're talking about free, open to everyone tests?

Also, where in the U.S.?

Some counties offer free rapid tests.

Edited by unheard

• Enter a 14-day local or state quarantine.

What does local quarantine means?

You will be „tested for Corona“, meaning they will put the (probably contaminated) test swap from the WHO so deep inside your nose that it almost touch the brain?

Or you just need to stay 14 days in a local place?

Weird, but this is Thailand.

First you have restricted categories in to which tourists won't fit. Work permit holders and their families do, those with family here do

Then you have : if you fit one of the categories, come for 14 days you and your family are free to go wherever you like, even though you might be infectious and a spreader but showing no symptoms then leave, come for longer and you must do quarantine time.

Am I missing something? 

Shouldn't it be quarantine for all or for none?

11 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Weird, but this is Thailand.

First you have restricted categories in to which tourists won't fit. Work permit holders and their families do, those with family here do

Then you have : if you fit one of the categories, come for 14 days you and your family are free to go wherever you like, even though you might be infectious and a spreader but showing no symptoms then leave, come for longer and you must do quarantine time.

Am I missing something? 

Shouldn't it be quarantine for all or for none?

More details here

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/07/08/the-thai-government-clarifies-exact-steps-to-currently-enter-thailand-for-foreigners/

if you want to come for a maximum of 14 days, you have to take a test. if negative ready to go.

if you want to come longer you have to quarantine 14 days and do 2 tests.

It makes absolutely no sense. Ok with the quarantine variante they can make more money and fill some hotels. But more security is not gained. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I got a full family with kids. My house was really built for the wife and kids to have a solid pillar to always call home and come back to. I know we foreigners are disposable in their racist brains. If comes to it I can move on, but it will come with great difficulty of heart ache I might add. 

Same here.

I was referring more to the "businessmen" Punters who are into"temporary" relationships. ????

21 hours ago, madmitch said:

You'd hope that at some point all arrivals could opt for the test, rather than do 14 days quarantine. But of course, 14 days quarantine in a Government-approved facility is a better money earner!

A friend of mine who is a HK citizen has just managed to get a flight back to HK after 6 months in the UK.

He had to have a test on arrival at HK airport and couldn't leave the airport until he had a negative result, about 10 hours. A positive result and you leave in an ambulance.

After getting the test results he and his wife were fitted with a tracker and had to go straight home and not allowed to leave home for 14 days. Since arriving home they have been supplied with a test kit which they must use on the 15th day and get a negative result before the tracker will be removed.

Maybe you would prefer a similar arrangement over that proposed by the Thai government.

5 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I would prefer that. Much better to go to my home in Bangkok and relax being able to do my normal home things (with my high-speed internet) than stuck in a boring hotel room with <deleted>-y wifi. 

You are probably right, but you and I would be in the minority.

A large number of the whingers on this forum objected to checks and giving contact details to enter a shopping mall, what on earth would they say about the 10 hour wait at the airport and then being fitted with a tracker.

I was on a Zoom meeting with him last night and he showed it to us attached around his wrist.

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are probably right, but you and I would be in the minority.

A large number of the whingers on this forum objected to checks and giving contact details to enter a shopping mall, what on earth would they say about the 10 hour wait at the airport and then being fitted with a tracker.

I was on a Zoom meeting with him last night and he showed it to us attached around his wrist.

I think it would be the majority actually who would prefer this. A 10 hour wait over a designated quarantine where you have no idea of the facilities and whether you can be together with your wife, or quarantine at home, with your wife and home comforts. A no brainer. Wearing a wrist tracker is no inconvenience, better than having your phone tracked.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

I remember when someone was boasting their money and show in other's people face they have the magnificent Elite visa... It's not so magnificent after all, I guess.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm glad. Ha ha ha ha ha!

18 hours ago, lassebasse said:

I find it strange that CAAT are making up all these rules, in my home country it is the Foreign Ministry that decide these things. No wonder that Thai consulates around the world cannot inform people who try to ask about travelling to Thailand.

That's what happens when you have a government incapable of doing anything except playing at being soldiers.

19 hours ago, khunjeff said:

If the FAA in the US started holding press conferences and issuing announcements stating who could enter the country and what health requirements those people would have to meet, the first question that reporters would ask would be, "excuse me, but why is the aviation regulator making decisions about immigration and health, rather than the departments in charge of those matters?"

I can sort of understand if the government has chosen CAAT as the entity that will be responsible for passing entry requirements on to the airlines - even though that's rather unusual - but CAAT's statements always make it sound as though they came up with the rules by themselves.

Your comparison with the FAA is noted. I think they simply passed on the White House's edicts where Chinese nationals were banned and everyone else 'from China' were initially funneled, un-screened through west coast airports. Arguably, if the FAA, CDC and others had been given more free reign over things they know about, the US wouldn't be the Covid-19 basket case it is?

Back on topic. It's not just CAAT that appears to have been given permission to publicly address matters directly under their jurisdiction. The DPH doesn't parrot the inanities that come from the DPM/Health Minister either. I am under no illusion that CAAT, DPH and other governing bodies are making these announcements without discussing with and getting approval from the PM and his coterie first. This gives the outward appearance of a country under a 'soft' State of Emergency and far removed from any suggestion dictatorial leadership.

Edited by NanLaew
sp
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:
18 hours ago, lassebasse said:

I find it strange that CAAT are making up all these rules, in my home country it is the Foreign Ministry that decide these things. No wonder that Thai consulates around the world cannot inform people who try to ask about travelling to Thailand.

That's what happens when you have a government incapable of doing anything except playing at being soldiers.

And how are the Thai infection and death rates going?

Two friends of mine in two different countries who are married with family and a home in Thailand have managed to get on their local Thai Embassy foreigner repatriation wait-lists within the last 10 days or so. Clear instructions received on what they have to do. However, one of them is still struggling with his home-nation's requirements to let him leave.

Bad news always gets more bandwidth.

• Like 2

What <deleted> is that with covid insurance??? non immigrants / retirees have been forced to buy overpriced and useless (because full of exclusion) health insurance with benefits of at least 400.000 THB. Now these <deleted> just state, 400 000 THB is enough for everything but not enough to cover covid, they want 100 000 USD... Are they totally insane?

Are they thinking with their ass???

Clear overreaction of the scared because highly unprofessional government.

The country of wonders, not the land of smiles.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, steven100 said:

*For Tourists  

who is heck is going to come as a tourist for 3 weeks when 2 weeks has to be in quarantine ..lol

well,  it certainly going to stop further transmission and infections.

I expect this may become the norm everywhere from now on ......

image.png.22a792d605b1748b8a59524acfbcc2a0.png

Seems the only "tourists" allowed according to this exemption list are people seeking medical treatments, so I would take that as NO TOURISTS allowed for vacations, unless you can qualify for one of the 11 exemptions, if that's what you mean.

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 1