Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Fallen below 800k VISA Requirement - What can I do?

I have a VISA question / problem. I made a mistake and didn't realize I need to renew my 12 month retirement VISA on Sept 27th. I thought I had until December. I have let my bank account fall below 800,000 baht, so even if I send money from the UK into my Thai bank to top up my account to get it above 800k, I will not have the stipulated 3 months 800k needed. I receive a UK company pension and in the past I could have taken my pension payment slips to the British Embassy and they would have given me a letter to give to the Thai Immigration to account for the shortfall, but apparently I can't do that anymore. Can anyone give me advice on how I can proceed?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:

So how much do agents charge  at CW if you meet all financial and insurance requirements but do not want to or are unable to go to CW?

Do not believe not going to CW is an option.  Agent or not you have to appear unless for documented medical reasons.  And now you have ability to make appointment so if you can carry a file with your paperwork not much an agent would add.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can use the combination method. You indicated that you have a UK pension that you send to Thailand. If you send it monthly get your bank to provide a statement of the money sent from the UK and a copy of something that proves that the money sent is your pension. Otherwise use an agent this year. Some Immigration officers think that the money has to be in your account for three months not two. Play safe. Once you get refused your problems will multiply.

• Like 1

I was refused because my money was only on deposit 8 months

this time. 

WAS told change to married. 

Lots new paperwork, many trips to local office.

You will find every office sets it's own standard.

Try an envelope with 15,000 in it, most of the time

that works.

I hate it , but they make the rules.

Edited by PatchinExPat
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

It is two months so you have time to transfer funds over , I also had a problem the bank took out 200 baht from my bank for the yearly charge of my Visa card leaving me 126.87 Bht short of the 800k I realised what had happened and made the difference up within 72 hours of them deducting the money and yet the IO on Samui refused to accept it fortunately I have two Thai bank accounts so they made me go back to the bank get another letter and statement of my other account all for the sake of 127 baht I even pointed out to them that I had maintained the 800k for the whole year but they were not interested I now make sure that I now have 801 k in my account had I not had that other account I would have had to wait for the borders to open and go through the whole process as they were adamant they were not going to help me in my hour of need

You silly person, for ease of operation, just bring the envelope the first time.

8 to 15 should be enough for speedy service.

Otherwise you will get picked over every time.

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

because its easy and trouble free.  Like all converts, I am now a fanatic for using agents. 

Right on, Pilotman ! I used to do it myself for many years, money not a problem, but worth anything NOT to have to walk into that building ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I am not suggesting that anyone uses an agent to circumvent the law, merely to make life easy for yourself and remove the uncertainty. 

It's not circumventing the law at all. It's is done by "special consideration", which is at the discretion of the head of the immigration office you visit and signed off by him/her. They have that right. It is not necessary to use an agent. It also waives the need for the 400k minimum balance to show at 90 day reports. By doing it this way, you actually become a VIP of sorts. You actually see immigration officers being super friendly and smiling, a rare thing on the main floor LOL.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Those websites are worse than useless.

I downloaded a bunch of forms from one of them and when I went Immigration I discovered they were all out of date.

Just about everything is out of date in Thailand, especially the country itself.

Forms, more forms and lots of paperwork, you would think computers were not invented yet.

• Like 1