Renewing extension of stay (marriage)

25 minutes ago, OffshoreMig said:

Can this be certified by a bank statement showing monthy payment. Embassies are reluctant to provide such letters?

I need to update the list to show the monthly transfers from abroad now that it is clearer what most offices want.

If your embassy will still do proof of income documents then that is the preferred method.

You have to show 12 months of transfers of 40k baht from abroad. Most office want a 12 month bank statement showing they came from abroad, copies of your bank book showing them and a standard letter from the bank. If your statements do not show they came from abroad you will need credit advises to prove it. 

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

I thought it was an average over the year UJ, from memory thats what the police order said but i could be wrong lol

It can be an average over a year but some offices will not accept a average income.

For the average it would be best if they are a little below or above 40k baht. They would frown on 20k baht one month and 60k baht in another month for example.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I need to update the list to show the monthly transfers from abroad now that it is clearer what most offices want.

If your embassy will still do proof of income documents then that is the preferred method.

You have to show 12 months of transfers of 40k baht from abroad. Most office want a 12 month bank statement showing they came from abroad, copies of your bank book showing them and a standard letter from the bank. If your statements do not show they came from abroad you will need credit advises to prove it. 

Those showing 12 months proof of income from abroad might also be asked to show proof of the source of that income (pension, dividends, bank interest, etc, etc).

When I did my marriage extension in February I supplied three letters, one from each of my UK pension providers. Each letter basically contained similar information but because each was from a different provider, it was laid out differently. The IO still wasn't happy because 1. the letters were different and 2. being in English and technical she didn't understand the different language terminology. Her boss did understand thankfully and explained all to the IO so it was all good. 

Her boss did suggest to me afterwards that it might be a good idea to have these letters translated into Thai, to accompany the English ones, so the IO would understand them better.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be an average over a year but some offices will not accept a average income.

For the average it would be best if they are a little below or above 40k baht. They would frown on 20k baht one month and 60k baht in another month for example.

Yes indeed, a mate of mine suffered that fate. He deposited 520K over the year but one month his transfer dipped just below the 40K and the IO said he did'nt comply with the rules but of course the IO provided the solution lol

Now he's got to renew his extension in September this year and i've suggested to him to go to immigration armed with the police order in Thai and English detailing the marriage extension rules.

As he's very elderly and just paid the money requested for the solution last year i've offered to help him out this year with his application, trouble is i can't find the police order in Thai and English, do you have copies of the PO ?

If you could help i would be most appreciative.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

My general list of required documents and etc is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

All went well at immigration today and got a stamp for under consideration for 30 days. (marriage extension) One thing to add to list at least what else they asked for was a copy of every page in your bank book showing deposits etc.. as well as the bank letter stating your current money on hand.