3,000 foreigners have illegally entered Thailand in the last month

webfact

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

They were all nationals of Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos and had all been deported

So that's just the ones they caught...so yeah, many, many more have made the trip and are here now...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

They have got to work----and Thailand has to build.....Houses etc.

Reminds when I had only lived here few years...... 2001...Pataya...was going to breakfast on the bike with my choice of last night, turned the corner and nearly ran into a line of police, who had all the building workers lined up singing.

When we were eating I asked the girl......What was all that about, she said just a raid for Lao/Cambodians they ask them all to sing the Thai Anthem .

But what if you were Thai and didn't know all the verses I asked.................she just looked at me Like.... are you for real

Twenty-odd years ago I was living in Nong Khai. There were some illegal Laotians employed working on a farm there.

The Laotians practised singing the Thai national anthem. They were certain if the police came looking, it was all they needed to do to convince them of their 'alleged' Thai nationality.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And you know that how? if the sneaked in presumably they didn't' ungo and health checks so to to say "non had Covid 19" is nothing but irresponsible and wishful thinking...

Reading the Op, he most likely was referring to the situation when they were being deported.

• Like 1

These land borders have been completely porous for years.

About 7 years ago I went along with some others from my Cambodian NGO to try and find a young student who had decided to go to Thailand to earn money for his family. He was about 14. We found him working at the big market on the other side of the Poipet crossing, well treated and happy and being paid etc, but he agreed straight away to come back to Cambodia with us.

I was waiting on the Cambodia side and he appeared 5 minutes after they called me to say he was coming through. The others took 2 hours to get back through.

Edited by Saltire

49 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

All 3,000 people have already been tested for cov-19

Jumping the gun again.

Why don't you actually read the full article that makes the above statement.

Asymptomatic for 14 days possible.

Must be thousands crossing through every day.   I've driven into Burma twice without realising it and only become aware when i've seen a Burmese Number Plate on a Vehicle or have entered a Village and seen a Burmese Cop Shop, whereupon i have turned around and gone back the way i came !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt-Gen Damrongsak Kitipraphat, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police, said that most had come across in groups aided and abetted by Thais.

did they go after the Thais that managed/financed the operation???? sure not, they got the thick brown envelope instead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They were all nationals of Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos and had all been deported.

no big surprise here, these neighbors have been doing it over 100's if not 1,000's of years. What about Thais doing the same (in and out) to the neighboring countries.... wonder why they didn't mention Bangladesh & India (coming thru Myanmar)

He said that no police had so far been prosecuted for accepting bribes from gangs involved in the illegal business but that investigations were continuing. 

That's police speak for they are not going to be any prosecutions as its difficult to handcuff yourself ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

All 3,000 people have already been tested for cov-19

Jumping the gun again.

Why don't you actually read the full article that makes the above statement.

I was reacting to what was provided to us, here. It makes no mention of testing. When articles are posted here, I don't become magically aware of all the different versions that might exist in the universe. 

"I don't become magically aware of all the different versions that might exist in the universe."

Maybe some think you're supposed to become aware of all of them.    ????

• Like 1