Defense against mean dogs

black tabby

On 7/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Eindhoven said:

Utter rubbish. 

Don't project your bizarre fears on to innocent animals. I come into contact with dogs every single day. 

None of them conform to your view. Not even one. Some are definitely more cautious, but get to know them and you'll see a completely different side of life.

I don't mean domesticated dogs, who have adapted to life with their owner, but dogs born outside and who live outside.

I actually think domesticated dogs are more dangerous than the outside dogs.

You are so right !

It's weird that someone who seem to be able to think as you do, doesn't want to give the AIS unlimited promotion codes in another thread !

????

On 7/16/2020 at 7:40 PM, sirocco said:

hello,

very true, for vinegar, which I also use for dogs and cats that revolve around my planters.
As for the pepper mixed in the bottle, it sometimes clogs the nozzle.
So I directly suspect it.
Otherwise, the umbrella that is suddenly opened is very effective.

Thanks for your comment.

Powder stuff like pepper and chili, sometimes clog the nozzle as you point out.

For the smooth feed of the rounds,  vinegar is always the best since it is 100% liquid.

I  also used to use an umbrella for my defense against dog attacks.  In my experience, it could only deter them for a moment when I open up.  Seconds later, they close in again and resume their aggression. And they never run away. Swinging  it  around like a baton did not work well either.

That is why  I have come to the idea of Mean Dog Buster Spray 3 years ago.  It is even more effective than a firecracker bang. 

And the best thing about this MDBS is its quietness; it will not disturb people around myself and the nasty dogs. It can be used at any time.  Day or night. It will never needlessly wake up early risers already in bed for tomorrow's work.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

Best defense ?

A brain !

walking everywhere in this country full of soi dogs and never felt threatened ! What's wrong with you guys ?! Do you just know nothing like most Thai !?

Your the de man, the dog whisperer of Thailand who knows more then every Thai person in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Over the course of 2 years i now can flip a coin in the air, with the same hand grap my vinegar gun, hit the coin in mid air, holster it back, and catch the wet coin.

It took some practise, but all dogs now show appropriate respect when i walk up and down my soi at dawn.

next step, try to tame women !

you are improving, it's good !

2 hours ago, LarryLEB said:

Orton Rd posted (post number #7): "Dogs are nasty, deceptive, and dangerous animals."

In reply to that, Eindhoven (post #10) posted:  "Utter rubbish.  Don't project your bizarre fears on to innocent animals. I come into contact with dogs every single day.  None of them conform to your view. Not even one." (my bolding)  He condemns Orton for projecting.  How?  By making a statement which is also projection! This is hypocritical. 

The bolded three words in Eindhoven's quote above are laughable at best, but more accurately could be termed imbecilic.

Furthermore, why does he use the word bizarre?  I hope Eindhoven looks very closely at the photo in post #16.  Is it bizarre that some people have realistic fears when you see something like the damage done to that young boy?  

Keep thinking imbecilic also, let's see if situation change !

I think just like Eindhoven and 20 years in Thailand never bitten, so who is wrong ?!

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, geoff65 said:

Your the de man, the dog whisperer of Thailand who knows more then every Thai person in Thailand.

Knowing more than them and old grumpy foreigners is not very difficult for someone not totally insane !

22 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Get a Stun Gun problem Solved they scatter at the Noise , I was surrounded by 6 mongrels a lil zap noise disappeared 

Hello, 

Stun Gun  certainly works well.  Its electric noise and white sparks  scare them away instantly.

I have also thought about getting it once. However,  I have also   learned that carrying a Stun Gun in public might be subject to confiscation and fine in Thailand. If  cops spot  you carrying it.  That is why I have adopted MDBS instead.  Thank your your comment anyway.

9 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

This is the only truth !

Only weak old men keep whining when the problem is just them !

Practice your way by yourself.

Not much point to force your belief to others.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to push back mean dogs with empty hands.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Kick em in the privates or carry a stick and do it.

That usually works for any animal.

Their privates are located at their butt.  I bet it is quite difficult to hit it when they pose frontal attack.

No dogs attack with their buttocks facing you.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

A small Kids Toy Water Pistol and fill it with Chilli Oil and Water.

Anywhere around the Eyes or Nose/ Mouth is fine, and they get a reminder every time they try to clean it off.

Good on you.

Great to see another Mean Dog Buster in this thread.

How long have you been using your device against nasty dogs?

I would like to know about:

1-Its range

2-Mag. capacity 

3-Firing cycle(per second)

Mine is:

1-Since Jan.2017

2-Range: Direct hit(7 meters)  Effective mist spread(10 meters)

3-Mag. capacity: Over 130rds(150cc tank)

4-Firing cycle:(4/second)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Orton Rd said:

Not if they are crazy or have rabies they don't leave you alone and if they think they can get away with it, often where kids are alone, they will attack. Dogs are nasty, deceptive and dangerous animals.

Sounds more like humans to me

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Mine too.  My little girl Shih Tzu is a Toy, so very small, but she thinks she is a Rottweiler. She has a deep sounding bark for a small dog,  so maybe she thinks that entitles her to act big 

Perhaps she gets it from her dad?????????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I ride my mountain bike on a lot of secluded trails on Doi Suthep.  Most of the dogs I encounter are pretty timid; they may bark a lot but don't approach.  When they do approach, that can be a little intimidating, and if they bare their teeth that can be very intimidating.  And it there are more than one...well, that can be terrifying!

It's pretty hard to outride them.  The times I've tried, it seems to excite them, not dissuade them.  Once a dog got right up alongside me, just behind my pedal and it was clear he was trying to bite my foot.  I kicked my foot back as hard as I could and hit him right in the mouth.  I had cleated riding shoes on and I heard / felt the cleat hit his teeth.  He immediately stopped.  THAT was just plain luck and nothing more.

My strategy now is not when I know a dog is probably going to really attack is NOT to try and outride them but to stop quickly and dismount while there is still distance between me and them, keeping the bike between me and the dog.  I yell loudly and raise my arm with a fist like I have a rock in it, and every time I've done this, the dog(s) backed off! It buys you a few seconds to them reach for something to defend yourself for real.  Dogs are really fast when they are in pursuit and there is NO WAY you're going to be able to reach for pepper spray or anything else while you're trying to peddle and maintain control of the bike!

Dogs instinctively fear this aggressive gesture of raising your arm with a fist since they are incapable of grasping objects, and they seem to universally fear the gesture.  Every time I've done this dogs react the same way so I know it's true!  It gives me a few seconds to reach for my bicycle pump that's within easy reach, that I can use to defend myself if the dog advances...but I've never had one do that, especially when I have the metal pump in my hand and start to swing it.  When the piston slides out on a swing, it really freaks a dog out.  Again, it must seem like magic to them!  It's still a dangerous situation but so far (knock on wood) I've never actually been attacked, and a few times my encounter was with a pack of dogs, not just one.

My point is, in an actual confrontation, you're not going to have time to reach for a bottle of spray or anything else unless you take immediate and aggressive action.  You need to react immediately.

"you're not going to have time to reach for a bottle of spray or anything else unless you take immediate and aggressive action.  You need to react immediately."

I have repelled 124  mean dogs on the total of 80 occasions(between mid Jan. 17. 2017- Jul.2. 2020). 

I record every single such encounter. Date, place, numbers of the attacking dogs  every time I use my weapon to drive them away.

Do you still think I have no enough reaction time to counter them?

I got one simply rule to defend myself.  Point & shoot. If they  approach with hostile barks or bare teeth.

Trigger is pulled as soon as they come  within 10-12 meters. Outside direct hit range. But the  falling sour mists sting their eyes and noses.  Resultingly, they are pushed back immediately.  The road is pacified.

I have also  encountered with a pack of them on many occasions.  And I could    always  walk  away unharmed thanks to my Mean Dog Buster Spray.

It is amazing that you often get into the high risk area without any proper means to defend yourself.

I, myself is a cyclist in Thailand.  But swinging around bike pump for self-defense is certainly not my cup of tea. And I do not go to any mountains or bushland by bicycle.  I only ride in town. Therefore no difficulties to see  the approaching hostile dogs.  They are always  spotted well  before they get too close to me.

I have also saved  a few other people from the dog hazard they were facing.

Both my weapon & tactics are well  battle proven. I am quite confident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1