Hotels for Quarantine

23 hours ago, Alphim said:

Thanks ubonjoe. Yes I can see I will probably have to cancel, depends on the price of the hotels.

I think Emirates jumped the gun a little when they said they would be flying from Outh Africa on 1 Sept. 

I asked at the time if there were any restrictions, they said as long as I am married to a Thai national there aren't. I guess they were maybe looking for bookings

Where are the designated hotels?

Thank again.

In Bangkok at the moment. Price range from about 30,000 to 144,000 baht. That includes everything as long as you stay away from the mini bar. 

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ok, thanks, so to confirm.

1. Visit embassy submit all docs and apply for COE

2. Once COE book ASQ

3. Embassy confirm flight date / time / availabilty

4. Once flight confirmed arrange CV-19 test

5. Present CV-19 negative test result and fit to fly cert to Embassy?

6. Go to Airport, catch flight, arrive Thailand for 2 weeks at ASQ?

OR i'm missing something?

you only have 1 step: Contact the embassy. After that - follow their instructions. That's it.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Some ASQ hotels require payment up front, which is not refundable.  Some COE applications require a "confirmed" ASQ booking to proceed.   Any way around this?

Some ASQ hotels are happy to issue confirmed letter by accepting a token advance (some as high as 15% of the booking) and pay the full amount 7 days to the date of check in

On 7/17/2020 at 5:06 PM, Banana7 said:

Go to the Embassy of Thailand in your country and they will give you instructions. The instructions may be different in different  countries.

correct. have been seeing 2-3 different sequences

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ok, thanks, so to confirm.

1. Visit embassy submit all docs and apply for COE

2. Once COE book ASQ

3. Embassy confirm flight date / time / availabilty

4. Once flight confirmed arrange CV-19 test

5. Present CV-19 negative test result and fit to fly cert to Embassy?

6. Go to Airport, catch flight, arrive Thailand for 2 weeks at ASQ?

OR i'm missing something?

From what the embassy has told me,

1. Submit all documents available, then await embassy's advise on seat availability on repatriation flight (this seems to be the most scarce variable), date and time for the same.

2. Once you have a ticket on repat flight, obtain ASQ booking with full payment.

3. All docs back to embassy for issuance of CoE.

4. Get F2F cert and C19 test done within 72 hours of the flight, get them across to embassy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willy333 said:

Does someone know why the hotels are selling a 15 nights package for a 14 day quarantine?

Due to the authorities not counting day one since since they consider the days as a 24 hours. For example enter on August 1st and the 2nd would be day one.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 9:33 PM, unheard said:

Around what?

Please don't jam the system for those who have been approved and on the way to obtaining their COE.

Why are you trying to bypass the system that is specifically designed not to create unmanageable backlogs?

Please wait for your turn as others have already done.

You should only book the flight/hotel when you're permitted to do so by your embassy, they way the system is designed to work for now.

By finding your ways around it you just introduce unnecessary uncertainty for everyone by creating fully booked ASQ hotels.

Booked by the people who are not yet permitted to enter and must cancel or reschedule their bookings in the future.

The ASQ hotels should change the policy and not allow re-bookings and cancellations anymore

Or require to present an evidence of a booked repatriation flight, the only available flight for now, and not any other bogus flight,  before issuing a room booking.

I have been informed by the Consulate which will be issuing my family's COE, that a confirmed ASQ booking is required before they can issue the COE.  My case is further complicated as they will be entering Thailand by land and quarantine transport is also required from the border (confirmed in advance).

I hope this explains the situation. 

7 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

1. Submit all documents available, then await embassy's advise on seat availability on repatriation flight (this seems to be the most scarce variable), date and time for the same.

2. Once you have a ticket on repat flight, obtain ASQ booking with full payment.

4. Get F2F cert and C19 test done within 72 hours of the flight, get them across to embassy.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

As you and other posters have said, it seems to all depend on your embassy.  The London embassy appears to require the ASQ booking with the COE application, but has no interest in the F2F and C19 test except to say you must present them at check in and on arrival in Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, Alphim said:

Royal Thai Embassy in South Africa take minimum 4 days to issue an O Visa, this in normal times so it is not our job, alone, to find away to meet the rules.

What's the big deal? You may have to twice. One for the embassy and another for the entry. What it is so confusing?

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have been informed by the Consulate which will be issuing my family's COE, that a confirmed ASQ booking is required before they can issue the COE.  My case is further complicated as they will be entering Thailand by land and quarantine transport is also required from the border (confirmed in advance).

I hope this explains the situation. 

Yeah, that's completely different from flying in.

Keep us posted.

• Like 1