U.S. Supreme Court's Ginsburg discloses cancer recurrence at age 87

rooster59

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The poster you quoted wasn't rejoicing because she has cancer, but because it means that sooner or later another conservative justice will be on SCOTUS.

BTW, I've had cancer. The people that didn't like me didn't change their minds because of it.

Where I come from, you don’t ‘rejoice’, for whatever reason, if someone gets cancer, certainly not if that person has served her country so well for so long. And to be totally honest, I am not at all sure that that poster wasn’t rejoicing because she has cancer, that’s just your take on it, isn’t it?

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The poster you quoted wasn't rejoicing because she has cancer, but because it means that sooner or later another conservative justice will be on SCOTUS.

BTW, I've had cancer. The people that didn't like me didn't change their minds because of it.

"Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye!"

Makes no reference at all to your claim. It does reference though to RBG having cancer.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye!"

Makes no reference at all to your claim. It does reference though to RBG having cancer.

Nah Hey and Goodbye. Nothing else mentioned, certainly not the word cancer. Perhaps English isn't your first language.

As others pointed out, I am looking forward to her exiting the Supreme Court so there will be someone who doesn't legislate from the bench as she is wont to do.

And I certainly remember the absolute joy from liberal/progressives when Scalia died and they thought Obama could shift the court to the left.

So please, you and others, spare me the outrage. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brenton said:

It's time ruth

Time for a(nother) glass of wine, yes.

'Notorious' Ruth Bader Ginsburg 'Wasn't 100 Percent Sober' at State of the Union

Ginsburg says a fine California wine made her doze off .. again.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg may be living up to her nickname, "Notorious," after she admitted that she wasn't "100 percent sober" at President Obama's State of the Union address this year.

The Supreme Court justice said her imbibing may have been part of the reason why she was caught on camera apparently falling asleep at the televised address.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/notorious-ruth-bader-ginsburg-wasnt-100-percent-sober/story?id=28942871

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

'Notorious' Ruth Bader Ginsburg 'Wasn't 100 Percent Sober' at State of the Union

Give her credit, it was a situation better suited for thorazine.  Or heroin.

On 7/19/2020 at 4:56 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

That gap between not changing one's mind and gloating.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, mtls2005 said:

Time for a(nother) glass of wine, yes.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg may be living up to her nickname, "Notorious," after she admitted that she wasn't "100 percent sober" at President Obama's State of the Union address this year.

The Supreme Court justice said her imbibing may have been part of the reason why she was caught on camera apparently falling asleep at the televised address.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/notorious-ruth-bader-ginsburg-wasnt-100-percent-sober/story?id=28942871

To fall asleep she'd have had to imbibe a serious amount, which indicates either she is willing to drink too much at a state occasion, or she is past it.

Time to go off for a nice retirement either way.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Little bright fireball of a young woman...would not let naysayers slow her down...time for her to step aside now...she served her country admirably...

After January

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I won't be sorry if another conservative justice is empaneled. The two so far are the most important thing Trump has done and will drive the American future for decades.

That's nice. but not quite what my post was about. It's perfectly possible to wish for something, without celebrating someone's misfortune, health issues and the like.

• Like 1