Wife always getting angry and short tempered..

6 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

I feel your pain, OP.

Mine is grumpy half her life and seems brought on at times simply because I am feeling good and smiling.  I have come to conclusion some just have to be miserable and complaining to be happy.

But when those babies crawl up in my lap and give me a hug it doesn't really matter at all.  I accept nothing I can say or do will change her attitude so to hell with it, I'll go about my business.  She can't drain the life out of me if I don't allow it.

You are tough. Got rid of two. OK, no Kids

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Hear what you're saying, I know we have our 'disagreements' but I do appreciate you as a poster.

The thing is, this is not going to change, probably just get worse. Having kids has boxed me in, don't want to walk away from them, but at the same time I deserve to be happy too, or maybe not?

Do get a blood hormone check as a first step. I'm  sure that she doesn't wish to be like that , who would, and it may just be a hormone imbalance that can get fixed with medication. Perhaps Sheryl will have some good advice.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Do get a blood hormone check as a first step. I'm  sure that she doesn't wish to be like that , who would, and it may just be a hormone imbalance that can get fixed with medication. Perhaps Sheryl will have some good advice.  

Haha Sheryl?? Do me a favour.

I'm talking about the real world here, you seem to be away with the fairies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

Nah, I put up with this for years back in the UK.

Looking back, I should have jumped at the first signs.

It's hard to leave but you have to decide, endure or not!

The one thing for sure is she will only get worse.

Agree with the last line. Many will leave, I don't want to live my latter years like this, but some have kids, and they are the priority now, because you are the parent.It will get worse, and some will end it. Being miserable isn't fun, and staying doesn't fix things, unless they start to see it isn't you. If you say nothing and just be nice, no matter what, they have no ammunition to use. Just one little argument can get them to go ballistic, because all you want to do is be assertive .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, I put up with this for years back in the UK.

Looking back, I should have jumped at the first signs.

It's hard to leave but you have to decide, endure or not!

The one thing for sure is she will only get worse.

I have put up with this too long in the Netherlands too. My mistake and yes i had to have packed up faster. However in this case there are kids. So all options should be explored first IMHO.

I once was with a girl that had mood swings but some medicine fixed that. Sometimes things can be fixed if there is a mental problem. If this is not the case then yes make plans to exit and think about the kids ect. 

Im lucky never had kids don't want them so if I have to jump ship its easy.

• Like 2

Diabetes is very prevalent here, and is what my wife has. metformin, although it does regulate blood sugar, has many bad side effects, and one is depression. Cure one disease, exacerbate another. What sometimes works is if you can sneak St. John's Wort into their food. It's natural and works a little.

Edited by fredwiggy

22 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Hear what you're saying, I know we have our 'disagreements' but I do appreciate you as a poster.

The thing is, this is not going to change, probably just get worse. Having kids has boxed me in, don't want to walk away from them, but at the same time I deserve to be happy too, or maybe not?

Your a lucky man having Thai kids dedicate yourself to them and treat them well as they will return the favor when your old and decrepit and not just stick you in a nursing home.  As you know Thai culture is very different to western, including within relationships.  Some Thai women wont respect men who are indecisive or "easy going".   Show her your teeth, let her know why evolution decided you, and not her, should have testosterone. 

• Like 2

She's just had a go at me now, somebody just delivered something and I answered the door as she was asleep as usual, apparently I was rude to her 'guests' as she knew the kids in tow. Silly me should have invited them in for a nosh up. Not loving her family is a favorite along with forgetting to wai the one she calls her mother (she's adopted) Then there is a permanent list of faults including you have no friends (did have before) you cannot make baby (bit of luck there then) and the good old if you don't like Thailand go back home. She used to like to go out now just wants to stay in all the time and watch Korean soaps, eating and phone, that's about it. Not really as much fun as it used to be.

• Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

There you go again, insulting the very people who are trying to help and be constructive.  Judging you from your posts and your forum attitude, I am not at all surprised that she is pxxxed off  and grumpy with you. I'm out of this, deal with it. 

Just saying you should get out into the real world a bit. Those expats that you look down your nose at who go out drinking maybe you should go join them and come out from behind your tranquil innocent little life.

You actually suggested Sheryl?? I mean really, come on!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5