From Romania to Thailand

Hello!

I am planning to get a 6 months visa to travel to Thailand for a long vacation.

I was lurking around and I understand it is a bit complicated nowadays due to the current situation - but is it really impossible?

Currently I am traveling to Italy and I am at Rome. Will go back to Romania in ~1 week and request my Thai Visa at Bucharest.

Also, I read that Romania is currently not within the 14-days on-arrival quarantine obligation.

Thank you all for your indications if any!

Edited by whatafarang

Not possible at this time. No foreign tourists are permitted into Thailand at this time. I doubt you could even get a Thailand tourist visa at this time at an Embassy or Consulate. Check with a Royal Thai Embassy.

Also, you should of posted your question in Thai Visas section, not "... to other countries"

Edited by Banana7

Check this map if you are planning on taking vacations: https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions.

It's pretty accurate and gets updated daily. Asia is pretty much off-limits for tourists at the moment.

If you click on a country you'll also get information about it. For example, if you click on Thailand:

Thailand has restricted the entry of most foreign nationals through July 31.

Thailand has restricted the entry of foreign nationals except permanent residents, parents, spouses and children of Thai nationals and residents, students, airline crew with a scheduled return flight, and those with a work permit until at least July 31. Emergency landings, humanitarian aid flights, medical or relief flights, repatriation and cargo flights, state or military aircraft, and technical landings without disembarkation may still enter the country.

To enter Thailand, all travelers must have a fit-to-fly health certificate, a medical certificate indicating that they have tested negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR test) within 72 hours before departure, either (a) a certificate from their parent agency/authority confirming that it will cover all medical expenses OR (b) proof of health insurance covering all medical expenditure, including for COVID-19, up to USD $100,000 minimum, and a Certificate of Entry issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Travelers suspected of carrying COVID-19 may be denied entry into the country. In addition to the above, permanent residents or work permit holders and their family members, students, and those seeking medical treatment must have a Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in their country of departure to enter Thailand. Travelers with an urgent need to travel to Thailand should contact the Thai embassy or consulate in their country of departure at least 10 working days before their proposed date of travel to explain their circumstances. They will also need to provide written confirmation that the quarantine facilities they intend to use on arrival in Thailand comply with official rules. The validity of all temporary visas has been extended until July 31, 2020.

Hope that helps you decide on your next destination. Maybe you could go to Mexico?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Below is your info on Phillippines. basically you can forget about travel as a tourist to Asia for the near future. Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Phillippines ,ect you can't get in. Just keep up on Google and ask every few weeks to see any changes.

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2020/03/temporary-travel-ban-ph-covid19

In light of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) over Luzon, effective 22 March 2020, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is (a) suspending the issuance of 9(a) entry visas through the Foreign Service Posts and through the Visa Waiver Program (visa-on-arrival); and (b) cancelling 9(a) visas previously issued, subject to the following exceptions:

• Foreign government and international organization officials accredited to the Philippines (holders of diplomatic visas and passports); and
  • Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals.

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Below is your info on Phillippines. basically you can forget about travel as a tourist to Asia for the near future. Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Phillippines ,ect you can't get in. Just keep up on Google and ask every few weeks to see any changes.

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2020/03/temporary-travel-ban-ph-covid19

In light of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) over Luzon, effective 22 March 2020, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is (a) suspending the issuance of 9(a) entry visas through the Foreign Service Posts and through the Visa Waiver Program (visa-on-arrival); and (b) cancelling 9(a) visas previously issued, subject to the following exceptions:

• Foreign government and international organization officials accredited to the Philippines (holders of diplomatic visas and passports); and
  • Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals.

Ever since 22 March things have not changed?

1 hour ago, Calvin1976 said:

If money is not a problem. 

You may consider Thai Elite Visa. ????

Group 5.

image.png.d61cf81fdf87eacd6e0f01b1c6840f48.png

Thank you!

On 7/19/2020 at 7:39 PM, Banana7 said:

Not possible at this time. No foreign tourists are permitted into Thailand at this time. I doubt you could even get a Thailand tourist visa at this time at an Embassy or Consulate. Check with a Royal Thai Embassy.

Also, you should of posted your question in Thai Visas section, not "... to other countries"

Every Embassy website excluds any visa but for specified travel. From Romania he can't enter Schengen legally without going into 14 d. quarantine or get neg. test. The OP thinks he doesn't need quarantine in Thailand? I think he also asked on Tripadvisor recently.

I am okay with doing the 14 - day quarantine if that's the only way to get into the country. After documenting further I read different answers everywhere: who says that it is impossible to get into the country, while some say that it is possible from 31st July, and some even say it's been possible to enter the country for months, while you only needed to quarantine on arrival.

5 hours ago, Calvin1976 said:

If money is not a problem. 

You may consider Thai Elite Visa. ????

Group 5.

image.png.d61cf81fdf87eacd6e0f01b1c6840f48.png

For one, I am not sure whether it is possible to apply, secondly it would take two to three months for the processing of the application. Viable?

Email from Philippines Bureau of Immigration:

------------------------

Good day! Under Resolution no. 56 by the Inter-Agency Task Force against Infectious Diseases (IATF), beginning 01 Aug 2020, foreign nationals with following visas shall be allowed entry in the Philippines:
·         Section 13 Series visas (Sec. 13; Sec.13 (a); Sec.13 (b); Sec 13 (c); Sec. 13 (d); Sec. (e); Sec.13 (9g)
·         RA 7919 visa
·         EO 342 visa
·         Native-born visa 

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) clarified that only foreigners with PERMANENT OR IMMIGRANT VISAS can enter the country starting August 1. For the information of the public, the entry of foreign tourists, non-immigrant visa holders, and other categories of aliens are still prohibited. They will be turned back if they land in any of our ports of entry.
"The resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) is clear - only foreigners with existing long-term visas will be allowed entry beginning August 1. So if you are not a permanent resident here, do not attempt to travel to the Philippines because you will be excluded and denied entry by our immigration officers.

Thank you

------------------------

As of 31 August, Tourists will still be denied entry in the country.

19 hours ago, alyx said:

For one, I am not sure whether it is possible to apply, secondly it would take two to three months for the processing of the application. Viable?

You are right.

But this will be the better hope/chance for people who won't be qualified in the current/future approved list but luckily can afford this EV. ????

As for the situation now, quite a few countries having 2nd wave after ease of restrictions.

Even some still drowning in 1st wave with record high. (The top 3 Amerona virUS allien) ????

No people can really tell/predict when normal tourist can come in.