Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

webfact

6 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Ok- everything is great then!

You are happy- everybody is happy!

(Jesus <deleted> Christ...)

I am with Acrylic...... everything is pretty good here. I am certainly happy with the policy of the authorities  -  even though I will probably have to wait an extra 2/3 months to see visiting family. 

21 hours ago, Aussie Col said:

If Thailand doesn't want foreign tourists I'm sure other countries in the area will.

I'm sure if Thailand doesn't want all the tourism money Vietnam and the Philippines will.

Billions lost in foreign tourism money will cost millions of jobs in Thailand. Directly and indirectly

Arrive in the Philippines and you go into isolation for 2 weeks at your own expense and cannot travel domestically unless you have all documentation required by the LGU from where you depart and the LGU where you arrive, and there's plenty of it required.

20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Funny how so many people don't understand the concept of polls.

Some people don't understand rational thought. I know what polls are, but such a small number and using what demographic? it's not representative for the reasons I stated. Sorry if I used words that are too big for you. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Older and Wiser said:

Arrive in the Philippines and you go into isolation for 2 weeks at your own expense and cannot travel domestically unless you have all documentation required by the LGU from where you depart and the LGU where you arrive, and there's plenty of it required.

Vietnam doesn't want you either.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Older and Wiser said:
21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Funny how so many people don't understand the concept of polls.

Some people don't understand rational thought. I know what polls are, but such a small number and using what demographic? it's not representative for the reasons I stated. Sorry if I used words that are too big for you. 

You're so right when you say, so unintentionally ironically, that some people don't understand rational thought!

You say that the poll is not representative at the same time that you admit you don't know what the demographic was!  You can't have it both ways, if the demographic is not known to you then you cannot claim, rationally, that the poll was not representative.

You word sizes were no problem for me.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Where did you get that figure from?  It sure wasn't part of the poll.

100% less 90% equals 10%. 

I'm aware of how maths works but what I asked you was where the 10% was quoted in the poll results, (not Thaivisa's headline).  It wasn't.

6 hours ago, digger70 said:

That's what is happening!

That wasn't happening till After the Egyptian Affair . I am sure that there are still Some High placed and Vips Sneaking In/Out.

"That wasn't happening till After the Egyptian Affair".

Yes, it has been happening for Thai returnees since the start, they all have to go into quarantine.

"I am sure that there are still Some High placed and Vips Sneaking In/Out".

You base that personal speculation on what?  You obviously have no evidence of that happening, at all.

18 hours ago, Tarteso said:
19 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You misunderstand, I wasn't saying that the partial equation that you so carefully copied and pasted was "nonsenses" [sic]! 

It seems that you don't know that there has to be two sides to an equation, for example, a = x/y.   "x/y" on it's own (just like the "equation" you copied, pasted and posted) means nothing.

???? Well; I obviously the “copy and paste” which I made , is wroten for someone who knows better than you the equation, and something that you didn’t understood yet is my criticism of OP's wrong and manipulated expression;  "More than 90% of Thais want a total ban on foreign arrivals."

You didn't copy and paste an equation, you copied and pasted one side of an equation (there are always two sides to any equation).    What you posted was not only something that you clearly didn't understand, it was also meaningless without the other half and certainly could never be applied to a Thaivisa headline!

1 hour ago, Older and Wiser said:

The Philippines will open up before Thailand and your money goes further in the Philippines. It's a no brainer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Vietnam doesn't want you either.....

They want the foreign currency though so it becomes a balancing act.

Vietnam like the Philippines will open up before Thailand and mop up them tourists dollars that Thailand doesn't want

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussie Col said:

They want the foreign currency though so it becomes a balancing act.

Vietnam like the Philippines will open up before Thailand and mop up them tourists dollars that Thailand doesn't want

Vietnam will open to the Chinese first. That's where the money is.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 4:47 AM, Soikhaonoiken said:

do the Thai people want to go back to the 1960s and make a living from the land

No, they are  bone  idle  now, what they want is to be a security guard so they can sleep  all night and get paid, work  on the land, not a  chance in hell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Yes, it has been happening for Thai returnees since the start, they all have to go into quarantine.

You base that personal speculation on what?  You obviously have no evidence of that happening, at all.

Can you prove  otherwise? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Vietnam will open to the Chinese first. That's where the money is.

IF that does happen the Chinese are hardly likely to come back to Thailand when they see how much they can get for their Yen compared to Thailand.

Time for people to wake up.  The virus is here and always has been.  No testing means reporting no virus.  Look at the recent study in India and Thailand has let in a lot more Chinese from Wuhan than India ever will. I laugh at people who think the govt here has stopped the virus.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53485039

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussie Col said:

IF that does happen the Chinese are hardly likely to come back to Thailand when they see how much they can get for their Yen compared to Thailand.

Yuan. Yen is Japanese.

The Chinese have been top tourists for Vietnam for years. Its a cheap few days away for them. The share a 786 mile border.

Edited by Traubert
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Time for people to wake up.  The virus is here and always has been.  No testing means reporting no virus.  Look at the recent study in India and Thailand has let in a lot more Chinese from Wuhan than India ever will. I laugh at people who think the govt here has stopped the virus.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-53485039

Really can't help laughing on people compare India with Thailand. ????????

You should try your very best to stay away from Thailand. ☺️

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Really can't help laughing on people compare India with Thailand. ????????

You should try your very best to stay away from Thailand. ☺️

You make absolutely no sense. Human transmission is human transmission or is there something superhuman about Thais that Indians lack?  Please elaborate?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, digger70 said:
23 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Can you prove  otherwise? 

I don't have to prove anything, you're the one who made the claim, with no evidence.

22 hours ago, Aussie Col said:

The Philippines will open up before Thailand and your money goes further in the Philippines. It's a no brainer

The food is awful and most of the Philippinos I have met I don't like so that rules it out for me. 

Chok dee. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The food is awful and most of the Philippinos I have met I don't like so that rules it out for me. 

Chok dee. 

Yeah, unless you're a fried chicken freak and like pork adobo its pretty ordinary.

Edited by Traubert
Spelling.
  • Like 1