Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Over 90% of Thai people want a total ban on foreign arrivals

everybody should go back to their countries and stay in their countries. traveling should be banned too. otherwise certain viruses less tolerant than the covid-19 will wipe out the humankind in the near future..mark my words

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

As someone wrote; this poll was done in a university, where obviously the students do not depend on tourism
this is not a poll of "random people" but a specific group type.

And that person "wrote" wrongly, it wasn't polled in a university, it was conducted by a university.  To use your own words, maybe you can learn something new today.You haven’t idea what are you talking [sic].

Edited by Bob A Kneale

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The foreigners they see are the noticeable foreigners. The ones wearing singlets, with prostitutes, tattoos, drunk in the mid-afternoon, body odor riding on the skytrain, talking loudly, arguing in the bank or the 7/11 because they are lost and confused, in a country they don't understand or care about.

you talking about me..:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

everybody should go back to their countries and stay in their countries. traveling should be banned too. otherwise certain viruses less tolerant than the covid-19 will wipe out the humankind in the near future..mark my words

Find box, stand on said box, proselytize to all that the world is coming to an end....wait i have seen that before on Hollywood Blvd in California.  Except the man wore a Sandwich board.....

Covid has sure given governments some identity issues now has it not. Then they play spin the personal views and skew what they can so the people believe it all and regurgitate it.  Just my sarcastic opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diddl said:

What sort of a headline is that?  it says in the newspaper article "33.43% want a total ban on foreign arrivals" and not 90%.  I call this hate-speech and propaganda on the part of whoever wrote the title of the article. 

Different responses to different questions, it's not that hard to understand, if you read it.  Nothing to do with "hate speech" or propaganda.

I'm sure that a poll of 0.002% of the population will be truly representative of the views of the population, not.

Officially, 7% of the population are employed in tourism, add those which are not officially employed in tourism, boats, banana boats, bar girls, etc., etc., plus those dependants who are reliant on their income, say at least 20% of the population, who I presume cannot wait for foreigners to return. It would make nonsense of their figures.

Personally, I am not resident of Thailand but have an apartment in Cha-Am and go there several times a year,. At least, until Covid-19. Last time was January, but don't know when the next time is likely to be, but still have to pay 40k+ maintenance. Much worse for those locked out of Thailand but locked into a rental agreement or mortgage.

Anyway, I look forward to the date they can safely return to normal.

Edited by Older and Wiser
grammar

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai’s are not this stupid. One has to wonder how ‘loaded’ the questions in the poll were...

i.e. Should we allow foreigners in from countries with high covid numbers? 

or should we allow the risk of foreigners bring in covid? etc 

You probably not work here or have a business that works with tourists?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

So you think that polls should question 69,000,000+ people every time in order to get a reasonable indication?

Nonsenses;

N = population size

e =  margen Of error (as decimal)

z = confidence level (as z score)

p = porcentaje value (as decimal)

???? ????

917FB492-80EF-4B7E-AD4E-A21743613386.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso

3 hours ago, tomauasia said:

I dont even read it. By the way who is paying for these polls ? Merely Prayut gov fake news geared to rid Thailand of white people.

"Merely Prayut gov fake news geared to rid Thailand of white people".

Really?  How would you know that if you didn't read it?

By the way, it was the results of a poll, not a news item, fake or otherwise.

Oh really? And of couse those 90% will be happy to establish a fund to support all the thousands of YOUR people that you would bankrupt or face hardship because they cannot find work.   I do not believe there are that many stupid people in Thaland unless we are talking about  Thai gov. 

3 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

how old are you, twenty something I assume. what life experience do uni students have other than from a leftist lecturer

What have Thai university students' "life experiences" got to do with this?  Students weren't being polled.

7 hours ago, Mops59 said:

Forbid all foreigners? Does.that mean Thai people who are registered living abroad with a foreign spouse too? Because they are foreigners too. Does it mean that all foreigners with property in Thailand who stay about 5 months a year in Thailand, go eat at restaurants, play golf, shop in expensive shopping malls, make trips with taxis and so on. Are.they not welcome anymore? Those.who sponsored and.delivered food packages to poor people and jobless people because of this crisis. People with retirement visas can not.come? Why? We like to be in Thailand. We help Thai people who are close. Make difference where needed. If you want to loose us please do keep rejecting our entrance into Thailand. We will spend our money somewhere else and let the government take care of you. I do hope the big moguls want to spend this kind of money.

Mops59, but this was probably a skewed survey. In view of the pandemic statistics scross the the world I understand the reaction. I hope testing, tracking and air bridges will win the day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Covid has sure given governments some identity issues now has it not. Then they play spin the personal views and skew what they can so the people believe it all and regurgitate it.  Just my sarcastic opinion.

totalitarianism will be the norm of the future governments

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai’s are not this stupid. One has to wonder how ‘loaded’ the questions in the poll were...

i.e. Should we allow foreigners in from countries with high covid numbers? 

or should we allow the risk of foreigners bring in covid? etc 

There are interesting studies about how to influence polls,...according to how to formulate questions to get the expected answers....!?!? it works very well in the west !!!

If Thailand doesn't want foreign tourists I'm sure other countries in the area will.

I'm sure if Thailand doesn't want all the tourism money Vietnam and the Philippines will.

Billions lost in foreign tourism money will cost millions of jobs in Thailand. Directly and indirectly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its probably an accurate opinion, bearing in mind of course that most opinions aren't developed, they are instilled by the media. In my country, a few unfortunate elderly people have died of covid, the media screams 2nd wave doom every day, and people are in fear, happy for house arrest, happy for fines for no masks, happy for people in the sun to be arrested, happy with the army checking state borders. I.e. They've embraced fascism.

Here's some Oz stats, 2020 covid 9,800 cases with 108 deaths, and we are doomed and shut the economy. 2019 flu cases 130,000 with 250 deaths, people are completely indifferent. And the difference? The media.

Personally I think we are kept in fear so we accept compulsory vaccination as the only escape. As an aside, under Nuremberg War Crime laws compulsory vaccination would be considered a war crime...look it up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pennine said:

Is 0.002% of the population statistically significant?

Of course it isn't (no one claimed that .002% was) but accepted methods of extrapolation do make it significant...as far as polls go.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

At a total death toll  numbering in the 50's they haven't even had A wave of the virus.

Perversely the yearly  toll from snake bites is commensurate... Don't hear similar paranoia about invoking Saint Patrick ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dukeleto said:
8 hours ago, meechai said:

Over 90% of 1459 Thai people polled want a total ban on foreign arrivals

Fixed your sensationalism for you ????

Over 90% of the 0,000000208% of Thai people polled wanted a total ban on foreign arrivals.

There you go. Fine tuned it for you to add even more dramatic effect and perspective.

Shame about your maths, Dukeleto, bit over the top with the zeros there.

6 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Heard on the news today CEO of Delta airlines said  don’t expect international travel till summer of 2021

There is already international travel right now. And getting busier each day. He might have meant travel from US to other parts of the world and vice versa.

UK and  Europe as example are now travelling within each others areas with only a few exceptions(serbia)

• Like 1