How do Decent Thai women find Decent Expats in Thailand?

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Hmm. That's the kind of advice one would expect from a retired sex worker, so no surprises there.

You don't understand the difference between a comment on life and advice ....... are you Australian by any chance?

Just wondering you understand?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You don't understand the difference between a comment on life and advice ....... are you Australian by any chance?

Just wondering you understand?

Your implication that most Thai women freelance because you've shagged a couple of off duty nurses who were in a farang nightclub, and that's also what a retired hooker told you, is patently wrong. Sorry to disappoint you.

If you've spent all your time in sleazy areas, you'd think that. If you've lived and worked a normal life in Thailand, you'd think differently. 

Edited by dbrenn

Just now, dbrenn said:

If you've spent all your time in sleazy areas, you'd think that. If you've lived and worked a normal life in Thailand, you'd think differently. 

You're right, I've never been poor enough to need to work in a 3rd world country.

Having plenty of enough money does tend to distort your perception of the world around you.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You're right, I've never been poor enough to need to work in a 3rd world country.

Having plenty of enough money does tend to distort your perception of the world around you.

Ah there we go with that patronising third world jibe. After all, Britain is such an example to the world these days. You should stay there, if it's such a great place. 

Not all people who work in Thailand are poor either. I've done very well there over the years, and so have lots of people I know.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:17 PM, checkered flag said:

In another post, he said he could no longer live on B25,000/mo and took his B800K back to the UK to live. So that's the answer.

Decent women can be found in decent places, but it might take time to get to know. Maybe doing volunteer work if permitted, jogging in the park, or even meeting a nurse in the hospital. You definitely won't find many hanging around falong places. 

First you need to work on speaking  polite Thai. Just like English, there are real differences in politeness and first impression is very important. Tell the old ladies around you that you want to meet a decent girl, they might surprise you with someone very nice.

If that is referring to me stop making things up.

I'm getting a bit PO with posters that invent things about me, which happens too much.

I had no problem living on 25k a month, but I was unable to get the pension in LOS and unable to afford health insurance on my savings. I had to choose between living without health insurance or going home. I made the only sensible decision, albeit reluctantly and with sorrow.

The thread isn't about men finding decent women, it's about where do Thai women find decent ( whatever that means ) farang expats.

Personally I never thought it would be a good idea to find a decent Thai woman to marry as they HAVE to be bought ( sinsod ) from their parents, and it's not cheap- a million at least.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm getting a bit PO with posters that invent things about me, which happens too much.

Personally I never thought it would be a good idea to find a decent Thai woman to marry as they HAVE to be bought ( sinsod ) from their parents, and it's not cheap- a million at least.

1. Me too, but I think it's because they're stupid, with poor comprehension skills rather than malicious.

2. Starting bids for my daughter is set at 5MBht.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Ah there we go with that patronising third world jibe. After all, Britain is such an example to the world these days. You should stay there, if it's such a great place. 

Not all people who work in Thailand are poor either. I've done very well there over the years, and so have lots of people I know.

The only excuse, IMO, to work ( for money ) in LOS is if one is too young to get non O visa. I spent 10 years hard graft making sure that I had enough to live in LOS without working. Sadly I factored the pension in my calculations and when I couldn't get it there my dream was over.

• Like 1

I see only a statement of fact, nothing patronising.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had no problem living on 25k a month, but I was unable to get the pension in LOS and unable to afford health insurance on my savings. I had to choose between living without health insurance or going home. I made the only sensible decision, albeit reluctantly and with sorrow.

The thread isn't about men finding decent women, it's about where do Thai women find decent ( whatever that means ) farang expats.

Decent Thai husbands take care of their wives in a dignified manner. Although you might be able to exist on B25K/mo. I doubt that a decent Thai wife could live with you sharing that amount. They would have to work and be self supporting and probably take care of you. Women that work is find but most don't want to also be the primary breadwinner, also. It's not an attractive deal for decent Thai girls. Maybe some over 60 might be interested though.

Your implication that most Thai women freelance because you've shagged a couple of off duty nurses who were in a farang nightclub, and that's also what a retired hooker told you, is patently wrong. Sorry to disappoint you.

I think he knows more about the women of LOS than you.

BTW, there are, IMO, no non "sleazy" areas of LOS. The Thai sex scene is vast and everywhere, though unseen by farangs that don't know what is going on.

If life in LOS was "normal", I doubt any of us would be living there. The only point of being there, IMO, is because it's not "normal".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

Decent Thai husbands take care of their wives in a dignified manner. Although you might be able to exist on B25K/mo. I doubt that a decent Thai wife could live with you sharing that amount. They would have to work and be self supporting and probably take care of you. Women that work is find but most don't want to also be the primary breadwinner, also. It's not an attractive deal for decent Thai girls. Maybe some over 60 might be interested though.

Congratulations. You just posted something that has no relationship at all to my situation or to the OP.

Did you miss all the posts I wrote saying I didn't want a decent Thai wife?

Indecent girls are way more fun.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think he knows more about the women of LOS than you.

BTW, there are, IMO, no non "sleazy" areas of LOS. The Thai sex scene is vast and everywhere, though unseen by farangs that don't know what is going on.

If life in LOS was "normal", I doubt any of us would be living there. The only point of being there, IMO, is because it's not "normal".

Thailand and the UK are different. Vast areas of Thailand are not as you described, but I'm not sure about the UK.  That said the Beach areas are pretty much that way. That's why I don't visit the beaches much. The beach/bar scene is really bad in some areas. 

23 hours ago, dbrenn said:

it's true that learning to speak the language politely helps a lot too.

Only if one is, IMO, foolish enough to want to meet so called decent ( whatever that means ) Thai women.

Far as I'm concerned it usually means that they get sold ( sinsod ) for a million or more.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Though I think your "indecent" wife costed you more

12 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I'm fairly certain a decent Thai woman would be OK with her decent Thai husband earning 25k/month, it's more than most male Thais in my family manage to earn, and they all have a decent (if plain) wife.

But like most foreigners in Thailand, I only meet greedy whores, and they want a lot more.

If they weren't beautiful, I wouldn't be interested in sex with them.

Beauty can demand a higher price.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Congratulations. You just posted something that has no relationship at all to my situation or to the OP.

Did you miss all the posts I wrote saying I didn't want a decent Thai wife?

Indecent girls are way more fun.

No I didn't. Your chances are about zero with a finding something steady.

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

Thailand and the UK are different. Vast areas of Thailand are not as you described, but I'm not sure about the UK.  That said the Beach areas are pretty much that way. That's why I don't visit the beaches much. The beach/bar scene is really bad in some areas. 

I've been in just about every area of Thailand, and none of them have any similarity to the UK at all.

I've said a lot of things so I don't know which specific things I've described you are referring to.

P4P is available in just about every area of Thailand that has a town, but most farangs will never see it as they drive past in their expensive, large AC car.

• Haha 1

IF IF you are smart and in your 20's or 30's, you are making REAL money in your home country.  Living the normal life, collecting assets, going to good schools, and building a career with like-minded professionals.

if you are in Thailand in your 20's or 30's, you are not (see above).

if you are rich in your 40's, you go to a rich country.  

so these girls can really only choose from 2-week vacationers and try to lure them into something longer....which will destroy (see above).  

4 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

No I didn't. Your chances are about zero with a finding something steady.

I'm puzzled about that, but if it means that I have zero chance of finding a steady girl friend or a wife you must have missed all the posts I wrote saying I don't want a steady GF, preferring a temporary relationship ( till she is no longer GF material, which always happens sooner or later ), and that I will never ever get married again in this life. Biggest mistake I ever made was getting married.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been in just about every area of Thailand, and none of them have any similarity to the UK at all.

I've said a lot of things so I don't know which specific things I've described you are referring to.

P4P is available in just about every area of Thailand that has a town, but most farangs will never see it as they drive past in their expensive, large AC car.

My BiL lives in a remote rural village in Nan.

He pays a girl in her 20s who lives down the road 200bht whenever he can scrape it together.

His wife is a bit plain and lumpy, but she works like a donkey on the farm.

I've been everywhere in Thailand, you're never far from a young woman that's available for rent.

If you can't spot one yourself, just ask any Thai guy you see drinking Lao Kow and he'll point one out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Susco said:

Though I think your "indecent" wife costed you more

Not as much as my western partner that cleaned me out big time. Had to start from scratch at 35.

I didn't pay any sinsod for my Thai wife and didn't buy a car or build a house for her, so the damage was limited, but more than it should have been.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm puzzled about that, but if it means that I have zero chance of finding a steady girl friend or a wife you must have missed all the posts I wrote saying I don't want a steady GF, preferring a temporary relationship ( till she is no longer GF material, which always happens sooner or later ), and that I will never ever get married again in this life. Biggest mistake I ever made was getting married.

I've been living with a Thai woman ever since I arrived her 12 years ago (not the same woman all the time).

After you've hired them a couple of times, they generally suggest moving in.

My problem is finding one for sex every week that doesn't demand to move in after I've banged her a few times.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only if one is, IMO, foolish enough to want to meet so called decent ( whatever that means ) Thai women.

Far as I'm concerned it usually means that they get sold ( sinsod ) for a million or more.

Hmmm - most farang relationships with hookers seem end up costing far more than a bit of Sin Sot. Many foolish men come out with little more than the shirts on their backs.

If you want to rent it, that's fine. Others enjoy the companionship that marriage brings.

Thinking you and Brit Man have had a string of failed relationships with hookers? Taking a look in the mirror might help.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fairly certain a decent Thai woman would be OK with her decent Thai husband earning 25k/month, it's more than most male Thais in my family manage to earn, and they all have a decent (if plain) wife.

But like most foreigners in Thailand, I only meet greedy whores, and they want a lot more.

If they weren't beautiful, I wouldn't be interested in sex with them.

Beauty can demand a higher price.

Maybe it's because the only attractive attribute you have about you is what's left in your wallet? Have you considered that?

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 8:39 AM, BritManToo said:

I used to meet Thai nurses freelancing in night clubs ........ if that's any help.

I remember having a conversation with the female owner of my local Coffee shop.

Nice lady in her 50's, obviously a retired sex worker of some sort in her younger years.

She said to me, "I remember in the good old days when I was young, and it was only girls like me having sex for money with foreigners, you could easily make a good living but now everyone's doing it, teachers, nurses, office girls, they're all selling themselves to foreigners on ThaiFriendly, Tinder etc., there's just too much competition"

Very interesting. It's a real pandemic with women selling themselves on ThaiFriendly. I also used to be on other dating sites for Filipinas and it is a huge contrast to ThaiFriendly, where literally 30% to 40% of Thai women will tell you they're freelancers. Factor in the ladyboys, those with children and the question is not where do Thai women find decent farang, but where can you find a decent Thai woman.

The number of prostitutes in Thailand is staggering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My BiL lives in a remote rural village in Nan.

He pays a girl in her 20s who lives down the road 200bht whenever he can scrape it together.

His wife is a bit plain and lumpy, but she works like a donkey on the farm.

I've been everywhere in Thailand, you're never far from a young woman that's available for rent.

If you can't spot one yourself, just ask any Thai guy you see drinking Lao Kow and he'll point one out.

I think the problem is that some farangs have such a saffron glasses view of LOS that they just don't want to admit the reality, and will pretend it doesn't exist. I think the correct term is wilful ignorance.

Wiktionary gives the below definition.

willful ignorance (uncountable) (idiomatic, law) A decision in bad faith to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt.

• Like 1

Just now, dbrenn said:

Hmmm - most farang relationships with hookers seem end up costing far more than a bit of Sin Sot. Many foolish men come out with little more than the shirts on their backs.

Buying a house for cash in a woman's name is never a good idea.

I did pay 100k sinsot one time, but my Thai son got the family farm in his name for that.

Granny still lives in the 'hooch' on the farm, the rest of the family haven't been told she no longer owns it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Maybe it's because the only attractive attribute you have about you is what's left in your wallet? Have you considered that?

That's the only attractive attribute I've ever had.

And I'm currently doing way better than Will Smith, Robin Williams, Pearce Brosnan, Paul McCartney in the attractive gold-digging lover department, which is more than good enough for me.

I'm the equal of Johnny Depp but with less poop in my bed!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dbrenn said:

So what? Back home I'd never have got as far as the front door with any women I wanted to do the hokey pokey with. Not being content with middle aged divorcees with children I was happy to connect with attractive women in Thai bars that were up for it with an old bald fat man. I got happy and so did they. What's wrong with a win win?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Very interesting. It's a real pandemic with women selling themselves on ThaiFriendly. I also used to be on other dating sites for Filipinas and it is a huge contrast to ThaiFriendly, where literally 30% to 40% of Thai women will tell you they're freelancers. Factor in the ladyboys, those with children and the question is not where do Thai women find decent farang, but where can you find a decent Thai woman.

The number of prostitutes in Thailand is staggering.

I disagree that they are all prostitutes, which indicates that is their job. IMO LOS is unique in that "normal" girls do a bit on the side to either make a bit of extra money or find a farang husband. It's rare to see the same woman in a bar beer for more than a year, in my experience, though I had a GF that went back to the gogo as a service girl after trying real life as a housemaid.

• Like 1