Travel Bubble Can Wait: Don

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Superphoenix said:

What If they would just let everyone in who provides a negative corona test at least 48h before flight? The test has to be provided at check in and that’s it. UAE is doing this successfully. No hassle. 

There is a possible infection after to be tested. Some people are living in a kind of idea where a life can be living without any risk.

Some other profit to this incredible low powered mind control panic potential problem to make business (never mind if hundred thousand of other poor ones can no more make there own business) to sale more insurance or what ever hobby they are linked with to make money.

What i mean is that, sure we can try to be as safe as possible, but if this idea become a psychic panic problem and push majority of people to become poor or break families and life of thousand of other good people, it becomes stupid as dangerous.

And this is the a factual argument to show, because actually, right now an from couple of week, it is already visible (not only in Thailand).

People who can pretend to be a little bit serious (and why not a little bit more) doesn't provide drama, but look at the facts of numbers and statistics. They don't provide any stupid pols who are manipulation and think people would be convicted by this kind of stupidity method that everybody know about now.

when a country produces unrealistic figures about a pandemic of an extremely volatile virus that it would be the only one (and without technological knowledge compared to other countries in the world) to contain, even though it cannot contain an incredible number of road accidents and despite the flagrant evidence of infected and uncontabilized nationals, even though it has not been able to test 0.01% of its population, but also because of the reports between infected and dead which do not correspond at all to a statistical reality of the most advanced countries and the most invested in terms of care (to such an extent that it is totally absurd), what should we think about the credibility of the announcements made?
I would even say that, in order not to judge badly, it would be necessary to say that rather than believing that it would be wanted (and therefore not to make a trial of intention), it is better to think that they do not have the capacity minimum required to measure the problem at its true value and realize what is going on ... what can be done without ruining a whole country and what is happening there too. A form of denial through ignorance.
So I think, moreover, that given their limited intellectual and technical means (alas), probably that the resulting fear is understandable and stems from a kind of logic that was ultimately predictable since it is always the case (panic and rejection of others, denial) when we are in this kind of ignorance.
We are not at home and even when we are at home ... what can we do? Bring convincing arguments to people who disdain to listen to anyone and who are surrounded only by lobbyists? They would risk, in addition, to hate us for having told them and demonstrated it ... the height of the paradox which would end up showing that we were right about their state of consciousness and their real aptitudes.
We little people can only do one thing: round back and pretend not to understand their flaws, do as all poor Thai people have known how to do for a very long time (say: "yes, yes" while smiling for, supposedly , not to lose face, but above all so as not to create problems that we cannot endure or make our loved ones endure that we protect) so that they do not get angry if, unfortunately, we reflect their image to them half a second (in addition).

almost everybody who open there eyes can see and then, know that (i think).

5 hours ago, micmichd said:

Oxford University developed a new vaccination method for training peoples' immune system to produce more T-cells. 

If that works, it should be made mandatory for travelers to Thailand where no locally transmitted CoviD-19 case has occurred for 2 months now. 

Why should it be mandatory? Nothing is known about long term effects..  I have a friend who has suffered his entire life because of a medication his mother took... your comment makes my <deleted> boil... your quite arrogant to say this when you know NOTHING about this so called, still in development vaccine.... and your confidence in the numbers for 2 months is comical to say the least, more so than the British Government Foreign Office who still have Thailand is on the Quarantine list. Thank God we don’t have brainwashed baffoons like you anywhere near any sort of responsibility.  Many folks wont agree to compulsory immunisation, and to be honest they are not missing anything by not visiting Thailand which year on year is becoming a bigger cesspit. 

Edited by fraggleRock

Not open for business then. With the exception of now alarming & sad Trump-land, Brazil, India  and a few other very high rate countries surely Thailand has to open up to its prosperous visitors. It is their main money earner. Thailand is what it is for the farang and others because of its beauty. Europeans can now go to sunny Greece, Spain or Italy , France etc. and relax on their warm beaches.

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tomauasia said:

COVID is a exuse. The army don't like whites. There gov has crumbled they will continue to tear apart the heart of Thailand for there own egos. This guy is a born hater and this gov needs to be dissolved for the damage done over there tender as enforcers.

Thailand will soon be the new ‘Burma’, sealed from the world so the generals can get richer and funnel there riches to Singapore.  People are without food or shelter now, soon when all the expats and normal Thai donations have dried up the people will be eating grass and bush meat.... and being so brainwashed blame the West for there own collapse.

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Not open for business then. With the exception of Trump-land, Brazil, India  and other very high rate countries surely Thailand has to open up to visitors. It is their main money earner. Europeans can now go to sunny Greece, Spain or Italy , France etc. and relax on warm beaches.

Greece is much better....

Why cant they allow Visa applications for tourists like SETV with is validality of 3 months stay + 2 weeks Quarantine.   Documents must be provided with quarantine hotel plus covid tests.  However, i know hotels are limited at the moment.

I am sure there are certain people who be willing to accept this and go to see people in Thailand rather than for tourists who come and go

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The requirements keep changing and with the unpredictable immigration services of Thailand being so famous I doubt any sane person would risk it.   Why go through so much hassle to sit on a beach or visit a few temples, its just not appealing anymore, additional factors include how expensive it is, the crime, scammers, dangerous roads to name a few.... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I take it you don't care for Chinese folks. Do you think gas ovens would be the way to go?

Nobody ever used gas ovens. First came tge gas, by itself, tgen the cremation ovens. Just a slight historical correction - if you were referring to the Holocaust. 

"the government could contain the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)"

For something to be contained it has to be there in the first place - I thought Thailand didn't have any Coronavirus cases - only imported ones?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

There is a possible infection after to be tested. Some people are living in a kind of idea where a life can be living without any risk.

Some other profit to this incredible low powered mind control panic potential problem to make business (never mind if hundred thousand of other poor ones can no more make there own business) to sale more insurance or what ever hobby they are linked with to make money.

What i mean is that, sure we can try to be as safe as possible, but if this idea become a psychic panic problem and push majority of people to become poor or break families and life of thousand of other good people, it becomes stupid as dangerous.

And this is the a factual argument to show, because actually, right now an from couple of week, it is already visible (not only in Thailand).

People who can pretend to be a little bit serious (and why not a little bit more) doesn't provide drama, but look at the facts of numbers and statistics. They don't provide any stupid pols who are manipulation and think people would be convicted by this kind of stupidity method that everybody know about now.

when a country produces unrealistic figures about a pandemic of an extremely volatile virus that it would be the only one (and without technological knowledge compared to other countries in the world) to contain, even though it cannot contain an incredible number of road accidents and despite the flagrant evidence of infected and uncontabilized nationals, even though it has not been able to test 0.01% of its population, but also because of the reports between infected and dead which do not correspond at all to a statistical reality of the most advanced countries and the most invested in terms of care (to such an extent that it is totally absurd), what should we think about the credibility of the announcements made?
I would even say that, in order not to judge badly, it would be necessary to say that rather than believing that it would be wanted (and therefore not to make a trial of intention), it is better to think that they do not have the capacity minimum required to measure the problem at its true value and realize what is going on ... what can be done without ruining a whole country and what is happening there too. A form of denial through ignorance.
So I think, moreover, that given their limited intellectual and technical means (alas), probably that the resulting fear is understandable and stems from a kind of logic that was ultimately predictable since it is always the case (panic and rejection of others, denial) when we are in this kind of ignorance.
We are not at home and even when we are at home ... what can we do? Bring convincing arguments to people who disdain to listen to anyone and who are surrounded only by lobbyists? They would risk, in addition, to hate us for having told them and demonstrated it ... the height of the paradox which would end up showing that we were right about their state of consciousness and their real aptitudes.
We little people can only do one thing: round back and pretend not to understand their flaws, do as all poor Thai people have known how to do for a very long time (say: "yes, yes" while smiling for, supposedly , not to lose face, but above all so as not to create problems that we cannot endure or make our loved ones endure that we protect) so that they do not get angry if, unfortunately, we reflect their image to them half a second (in addition).

almost everybody who open there eyes can see and then, know that (i think).

Those are quite some sentences..... You need to work on your syntax and structure your train of thought. What you have produced is a train wreck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Col said:

With exports on a downward spiral due to the overvalued Baht, and have been for a while and zero tourism is going backwards at an alarming rate.

And meantime, in the next headline post :-

"The army will procure a new plane worth 1.35 billion baht to replace its old Beechcraft 1900yf aircraft ......."

5 minutes ago, umlungu2012 said:

Those are quite some sentences..... You need to work on your syntax and structure your train of thought. What you have produced is a train wreck. 

And you've doubled it.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The one aspect of these declarations about "tourism can wait, travel can wait, the bubble can wait, we don't need tourism right now", is that they are almost always spoken by men who are collecting a full salary, many benefits, and are more than likely quite wealthy to begin with.

You rarely ever hear somebody who is a person a of modest means talking about this kind of thing. I'm not necessarily advocating opening up the country right now, but I do think tourism could be extended to those from safe nations, to those who are willing to get tested, and I do think that there are quick test kits that could be administered at the airport at the expense of the tourists. While the tourists waits for the results in a comfortable lounge. There are workarounds. And there are millions of jobs at stake. So this is a fairly complex issue.

" ......spoken by men who are collecting a full salary, many benefits, and are more than likely quite wealthy to begin with."

I remember when I was working, every year, each employee had a "heart to heart" with his boss, where (supposedly!) you could get things "off your chest" without repercussions. My main gripe was that he, as a manager (whose wife also had a well paid job as a lecturer at the local Art College) got a pay rise which % wise was almost double the one that I received. During that year my wife and I decided to start a family, so her  teacher's salary was gone, and we had an extra mouth to feed, so I was a bit aggrieved at the disparity between his annual pay rise and mine. However, his first comment after I had had my say was "a tad insensitive":- "Money's not everything, you know". To which I replied in a manner which is in total empathy with your statement above, and with which he had to concede:- "Well, you do have a point, I suppose". (I didn't get any further increase in my pay that year, but the following year, my increase was far more satisfactory!)     

2 hours ago, jerolamo said:

no sure, it is always for the other... even if you know someone seek by malaria or deng or a road accident, you deny that in fact, it can "follow" everyone.

The problem of this kind of mind thinking is the word "follow" and to imagine things who describe a kind of low psychic power with a panic pandemic problem.

A virus doesn't follow someone.

A mosquito doesn't follow someone.

A road accident doesn't waiting for someone to come and never follow someone.

Just you can take care to not go where there is a lot of mosquito, so near water retention places (if you can), wear long pants and long shirt, drive slowly, be careful about all the other people when you drive, use blinks BEFORE to turn, and turn your head BEFORE to turn to see really what's going on, you can also wear mask protection wash your hands, not touch anything without any reason, don't go in high density places (if you can). Or if you are really and dramatically afraid about all risk a life can have, stay close in a little strong steel protected hole against bomb, 6 meter deep under your home and have no life (safety first). Or imagine a virus would follow you to try to find your mum, your wife, children... or what ever an other one dramatic scenario who would describe a kind of panic psychic healthy problem.

I posted this in an inactive thread, those living in fear of this virus, and those who aren't, should have a listen to this guys take for some balance.

I was wondering why when we hear about the many retractions in terms of mortality and mis calculations, admitting wild exaggerations of the dangers of corholio, the news doesn't seem to register with a lot of people. When the surgeon general UK publicly announced the cov' was not such a big deal and compared it to the flu the media ignored this as did a lot of people on social media, it's as if now the majority only register with news that supports the continuation of the madness. So I found what this guy had to say interesting and pertinent.

•  

Duplicated video

Edited by 7fish
trying to delete duplicated video
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Deli said:

And how many will do this ?

The country needs nbrs and full planes, with people who stay a week or two. Not single individuals here and there

Correct, the country needs numbers, but the 1 to 2 week tourists can not be tracked. So the entire concept is rubbish... just a feel good measure 

Tests are not always reliable anyway

Learn to live with diseases.. we have done so for thousands of years and it is impossible to prevent every single infection. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toenail said:

Reality hurts- the world pandemic isn’t over and as soon as “outsiders” (tourists of any nationality) are allowed to visit Thailand the virus will spread and paranoia will kick in against “farangs” and people living in the “hot virus” cities. 

Best to wait a year. Some Thai billionaires can surely donate a few million to help the needy. 

What difference does 1 year make? Why not 2 years or forever?

3 hours ago, umlungu2012 said:

ok, thank you for your correction, it was very constructive and should help me to do better next time.

I will have a look point by point on your constructive and helpful answer. Don't hesitate to take time to develop a bit the way it can be informative.

I just, right now, go to see your comments to learn about your construction's sentences the way you do.

And, read yourself, sure i agree, you can not write ant train of anything because you never write more than two sentences, and you never add any informative content.

Well, i do retain that i'm sure have to increase my vocabulary and sentences construction, but i would be happy to read someone constructive to provide something helpful around that (so, actually, not you). Please, do accept my apologize to not be english and permit yourself to read me carefully to find a content you can speak about next time if you feel yourself not so lazy to provide a good lesson about anything (formal or content) to be constructive.

But if you have nothing informative to write, feel free to show it again, for sure.

Edited by jerolamo
add some information

2 hours ago, jerolamo said:

The poster is correct in my view, a lot of people are suffering some form of blindness, particularly when it comes to seeing updates from the original perpetrators of the fear campaign when they correct the initial figures that came from a simulation, ( 60,000,000 will die ),  with the actual according to real life, same ballpark as seasonal flu. I think a lot of brains stopped working in reaction to a simulation and now, for some reason, can't accept the real life statistics. This chart from Sweden is a good example of real vs simulated. Sweden didn't lockdown

Sweden-ICL-Prediction.png

Edited by 7fish

5 hours ago, umlungu2012 said:

Nobody ever used gas ovens. First came tge gas, by itself, tgen the cremation ovens. Just a slight historical correction - if you were referring to the Holocaust. 

Yes we all need to be corrected on the actual gas in the ovens used to exterminate people.

12 hours ago, micmichd said:

Oxford University developed a new vaccination method for training peoples' immune system to produce more T-cells. 

If that works, it should be made mandatory for travelers to Thailand where no locally transmitted CoviD-19 case has occurred for 2 months now. 

Im fond of Thailand , spent a lot of time there over the last 20 years but it is nowhere near , absolutely nowhere , as special as it thinks it is.

I think I speak for millions when I say that I will vacation next in the country that offers the best and most convenient holiday , as things stand that will not be Thailand.

I will miss my friends there , may even miss my girlfriend , but never mind , always fancied seeing Vietnam.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jerolamo said:

Explain why.

You miss the point that they did it before to close the border and it worked perfectly.

Are you that kind of pretentious individual who holds the truth and is realistic without ever providing the slightest proof? A kind of guru without any evolved idea but who knows everything?

Please, teach us the true my lord...

I dont talk to banned trolls.. blocked

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

But....You just did ???? (sorry I could not resist, no offense meant, just for the sake of making a little joke )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alyx said:

But....You just did ???? (sorry I could not resist, no offense meant, just for the sake of making a little joke )

No offence taken at all. Actually I was not engaging in dialog or "talking" as we are now, it was simply a statement and notice of action, thats just me being polite.    ???? 

22 hours ago, Deli said:

And how many will do this ?

The country needs nbrs and full planes, with people who stay a week or two. Not single individuals here and there

Problem 1, when returning to your home country you will have to go into quarantine and pay for it.     2, Flights with be hard to get and if you can get one it’s probably an repatriation flight returning to base and will be expensive                

On 7/20/2020 at 5:04 PM, Michael19641965 said:

There are much more people dying of tuberculosis and dengue in Thailand than of Covid19.

Yes, but that's because Thailand somehow managed to avoid the original CV onslaught, perhaps because the original China strain was less contagious than the subsequent European strain that ravaged countries there and also was exported to the U.S. 

In the U.S. right now, there are 140,000+ dead and heading toward 225,000 dead by November 1... CV in the U.S. this year will be the 3rd leading cause of death behind only cancer and heart disease.

Do you want Thailand to freely open its borders, and go down the same road as the U.S.?  Just because it appears to be relatively safe here right now....  If it's safe here right now, it's exactly because the Thai government finally closed its borders and later imposed the 14-day quarantine policy.

In the outside world... there are scores of countries with very serious and growing CV infection problems, including the U.S.  That's the last thing that Thailand needs to be importing.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 10:09 PM, Misterwhisper said:

He should've spoken with his consigililil... uhm... consiglerigi... er... consilligilli... pardon... consigliere first. 

I would just have said his Loot nope  Lefte nope  louten nope 

adviser or advisor, whatever.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, englishoak said:

if "troll" is, for you: "arrogant", then we should be blocked together.

Why do you want that i should not be arrogant with the ones there who are so pretentious ? I mean... it is just like passing the buck.

But ok, i understand already that we can not start to be arrogant, show yourself to that situation in a mirror and accept to loose on the same day, it is difficult, you can not eat.

cheers.

Edited by jerolamo

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, but that's because Thailand somehow managed to avoid the original CV onslaught, perhaps because the original China strain was less contagious than the subsequent European strain that ravaged countries there and also was exported to the U.S. 

In the U.S. right now, there are 140,000+ dead and heading toward 225,000 dead by November 1... CV in the U.S. this year will be the 3rd leading cause of death behind only cancer and heart disease.

Do you want Thailand to freely open its borders, and go down the same road as the U.S.?  Just because it appears to be relatively safe here right now....  If it's safe here right now, it's exactly because the Thai government finally closed its borders and later imposed the 14-day quarantine policy.

In the outside world... there are scores of countries with very serious and growing CV infection problems, including the U.S.  That's the last thing that Thailand needs to be importing.

Thailand don't have same number of people in there country than in the USA. And they don't test enough to see the real facts about contaminated people.

So it is not possible to have the same score, even if they test everybody and find some 10 000 more actually (who should be credible).

You really didn't think about that ?

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 1