Medical hotline officer turns call for dying father into a joke

webfact

Medical hotline officer turns call for dying father into a joke

By THE NATION

800_e2fdf01d16ab87f.jpg?v=1595312942

In a Facebook post on Sunday (July 19), an 18-year-old said that when she called the medical hotline 1669, the official who answered the phone mimicked the sound of a busy signal and cut the call.

In order to clarify her post, reporters visited her in Ratchaburi province on Monday. She was at the funeral of her father, 53, who died on Sunday. 

The Facebook user, who wanted to be identified only as Pronrawin, said she called the hotline three times on Sunday. In the first call, she told the officer that her father was choking, and the officer acknowledged the situation and took down her address.

As her father’s condition worsened, Pronrawin decided to call again. The second call had no signal, but the third call was answered by a male officer.

First the man said he could not hear her, then he mimicked a busy signal before hanging up on her. 

Pronrawin said she placed her first call at 7.13am and the ambulance arrived at 7.20am. Her father had started choking at around 7.10am. 

Pronrawin said she was very angry over the third call, saying her father’s life was precious and the officer should not have turned a life and death situation into a joke. 

The reporters then contacted the related hospital and the director promised that he will find the man in question. He also told the reporters that he had spoke to the victim’s relatives and will speak to them again after the funeral proceedings are completed.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391680

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-21

"Pronrawin said she placed her first call at 7.13am and the ambulance arrived at 7.20am"

Wow 7 minutes, is that correct? If that is the real time why so many calls to emergency.. and actually that's pretty dam good timing.  

I'm not saying the calls where handled properly, just saying that was a very fast response time. 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, colinneil said:

Would you make the same comment if it was your father in that situation?

If I call someone and that persons says he/she cannot hear anything, well then I call again and do not start complaining about it. It can always happen, even when my father is in such situation. If that guy did not hear anything he could have just hang up, maybe it would make it better or more sensible then? Looks to me like the lady kept on talking despite being told he cannot hear her. 

Edited by Mak25
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:28 AM, Dap said:

Even half a brain?

I guess you mean the lady, expecting help when the other side can't hear anything. At least that is what has been reported. I don't know what has happened in reality.

Edited by Mak25

59 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

I guess you mean the lady, expecting help when the other side can't hear anything. At least that is what has been reported. I don't know what has happened in reality.

Waste of time.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know whether he could hear anything or not ?

On 7/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, webfact said:

First the man said he could not hear her, then he mimicked a busy signal before hanging up on her. 

Even if it was a bad connection no emergency responder would mimmick a busy line then hang up !!!!!!

38 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Even if it was a bad connection no emergency responder would mimmick a busy line then hang up !!!!!!

The guy claims to of not heard anything at all .

He picks the phone up, hears no one there talking  , waits a while, makes a few beeping noises and puts the phone down .

No big deal , fuss about nothing 

• Sad 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

The guy claims to of not heard anything at all .

He picks the phone up, hears no one there talking  , waits a while, makes a few beeping noises and puts the phone down .

No big deal , fuss about nothing 

Unless it was your father choking !

• Thanks 1